ANYONE?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
allisondkl

ANYONE?

Postby allisondkl » 05 Oct 2014 18:30

I'm not sure if this is the right place to come to for answers. But if there's anyone willing to read this and just at least give me their opinion, I'd really appreciate any type of feedback! Thanks :)
______________________________________________________________________________________
I have these dreams that are hard to describe, but I will try my best to. It's like I'm awake but I'm 100% sure it's a dream. I am aware of everything around me, I can see the person next to me, my bed and blankets, everything in my room. When I try to open my eyes it's extremely blurry and almost like double vision. (I'm unsure if I'm really even opening my eyes or if that's part of the dream.) The way it feels to me is like my spirit is trying to leave my body, but it weighs so much. Once I get out of my body, I'm usually right back in it, and the cycle keeps repeating itself. Other times I get out then wonder around my house. I don't usually get very far before I'm back in my body. I can vividly see my house around me. I've felt the walls on my fingertips before, as I floated down the hall. I say float because I can see my feet, when I look down, about 2 inches from the ground. Another time I floated to my bathroom and hung upside from the ceiling. It was disturbing to me. I've gotten as far as my front door before, but I'm never able to get out of the house. Sometimes the dreams are harmless, other times they take a toll on my everyday life after I wake up. This morning for example, I knew I was asleep but I felt very awake.I could see my boyfriends head exactly the way it was to the left of me, I could see the sun shining through the blinds, everything. I had been in this state for quite awhile when I heard someone on my right side but no one was there. I felt like something was pushing me up against my boyfriend. Then it went to my feet, picked up one foot, then the other, and it felt like it was pulling my soul out of my body? WEIRD RIGHT? I yelled for my boyfriend (but it was a dream I'm guessing) so he didn't hear me. I grabbed his leg as I was being dragged from my ankles out of the bed. I woke up for real this time and I was completely petrified. Does anyone understand this or have any idea what these dreams are? Are they lucid? Am I a nut? LOL please help

Love Allison

buildit

Re: ANYONE?

Postby buildit » 05 Oct 2014 19:18

Sounds like a form of paralysis from your description of feeling heavy and weighed down. Here is the wikipedia definition of the disorder.

Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which a person, either falling asleep or awakening, temporarily experiences an inability to move, speak or react. It is a transitional state between wakefulness and sleep characterized by complete muscle atonia (muscle weakness). It is often accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (such as an intruder in the room) to which one is unable to react due to paralysis, and physical experiences (such as strong current running through the upper body). One theory is that it results from disrupted REM sleep, which normally induces complete muscle atonia to prevent the sleeper from acting out his or her dreams. Sleep paralysis has been linked to disorders such as narcolepsy, migraines, anxiety disorders, and obstructive sleep apnea; however, it can also occur in isolation.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 05 Oct 2014 19:38

buildit wrote:Sounds like a form of paralysis from your description of feeling heavy and weighed down. Here is the wikipedia definition of the disorder.

Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which a person, either falling asleep or awakening, temporarily experiences an inability to move, speak or react. It is a transitional state between wakefulness and sleep characterized by complete muscle atonia (muscle weakness). It is often accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (such as an intruder in the room) to which one is unable to react due to paralysis, and physical experiences (such as strong current running through the upper body). One theory is that it results from disrupted REM sleep, which normally induces complete muscle atonia to prevent the sleeper from acting out his or her dreams. Sleep paralysis has been linked to disorders such as narcolepsy, migraines, anxiety disorders, and obstructive sleep apnea; however, it can also occur in isolation.

This user asked exactly the same question in the general section, and I answered it, check it out.

This sounds exactly like a cross between SP and a Dream Body controlled WILD. I know, I've had very similar experiences with this. Getting up out of bed after controlling your dream body, flying around the house with memorized clarity? Observing activities? Yes I have had WILDs exactly like hers. The only differences I have had from hers is that I had problems with invisibility (no mirror reflection, no shadow, and no response from DCs) except with the animals, very obvious cloning (unconscious clone of myself), and the fact I can't touch or manipulate anything.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

buildit

Postby buildit » 05 Oct 2014 20:09

Well, we could both be wrong but then she will have two possibilities and not just one. ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Peter

Postby Peter » 05 Oct 2014 20:27

All normal reactions to SP and it can be extremely intense and scary if you allow it. This is your mind creating all this so try to observe more that get caught up in what is going on.

Its harmless and normal but very intense so dont be concerned about it al all
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 05 Oct 2014 20:35

buildit wrote:Well, we could both be wrong but then she will have two possibilities and not just one. ;)

I know without a doubt it is a WILD she is having. I have had dream body controlled WILDs like this since I was a teenager in high school, and can totally relate to what she is having. And it isn't just at home I have had them. I had them in school and would listen to the lectures.
Goodbye forever...

buildit

Postby buildit » 06 Oct 2014 00:52

nesgirl wrote:
buildit wrote:Well, we could both be wrong but then she will have two possibilities and not just one. ;)

I know without a doubt it is a WILD she is having. I have had dream body controlled WILDs like this since I was a teenager in high school, and can totally relate to what she is having. And it isn't just at home I have had them. I had them in school and would listen to the lectures.

Well then she should identify with what you say and ignore what I have written. Relax, it is not a competition and if it is I'll be a gracious loser. :lol:

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 06 Oct 2014 02:02

buildit wrote:
nesgirl wrote:

Well then she should identify with what you say and ignore what I have written. Relax, it is not a competition and if it is I'll be a gracious loser. :lol:

To go into a WILD, you usually do experience Sleep Paralysis right before having one, as you go straight from waking directly into REM sleep. As users who have had SP or have had WILDs both have claimed to have had the same things happen to them. Her floating sensation was Sleep Paralysis, but because she described a Lucid Dream after that, it was actually a WILD entry.

Here you might want to look at this page:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-induced-lucid-dreams.html
Goodbye forever...

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Oct 2014 03:45

To go into a WILD, you usually do experience Sleep Paralysis right before having one, as you go straight from waking directly into REM sleep. As users who have had SP or have had WILDs both have claimed to have had the same things happen to them. Her floating sensation was Sleep Paralysis, but because she described a Lucid Dream after that, it was actually a WILD entry.

Keen to break this down a little.

I have had lots of WILD's and most of them I do not have SP first. Sometimes yes but not for many years.
So its not always the case and the floating for me is not SP either rather it the dreambody moving away from the sleeping body. At that stage you are already asleep and lucid but not aware of it, the floating out is simply the next step. From there it is quite easy to walk away in a fully formed dream and do what you want.
W either this is OBE of lucid is up to the dreamer to decide.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Oct 2014 08:34

Im the same as Peter. I do not have SP before I WILD .. and actually Ive never felt floating sensation when I have sleep paralyses. On the rare occassions Ive got SP my body can feel very heavy.

The experience "may" be an OBE one (there are astral beings out there who occassionally will try to pull another out. Occultists before they do astral projection will protect themselves from astral things.. just say a protection prayer or imagine divine light surrounding you). I thought I'd replied to this post before, maybe it didnt post.

Just be respectful if you come across beings out there if you arent sure if you are dreaming or having an OBE. Have fun!
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Paranormal Activity”