How to obe from a lucid dream?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Pederpan

How to obe from a lucid dream?

Postby Pederpan » 01 Nov 2016 22:48

I hope to receive some good advice and techniques, maybe even from people who are able to do this.

If you do not believe in obe, please refrain from posting in this tread.

I find myself LD'ing alot recently, but i only had one obe. When i notice my body is asleep, i try to sit up or roll out of body, BUT, my body is superheavy and i cant move, no way. Then i go on dreaming that i have a obe experience, were i can chose what to experience to a warying degree.

LD's come mostly towards morning, when i have already awoken, being present, rested and in glowing awareness.

I want to meet guides to tell me all sorts of cool stuff.
I know i am everything and nothing.

Thanks for your useful help and advice.

Pilgrim

Re: How to obe from a lucid dream?

Postby Pilgrim » 06 Nov 2016 09:06

Pederpan wrote:
If you do not believe in obe, please refrain from posting in this tread.

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 06 Nov 2016 09:08

Hmm, okay. I do believe that I have a ghost in my machine. Maybe my views are not close enough to post :ugeek:

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Nov 2016 17:41

I think your depriving yourself of potentially good and useful information by rejecting input from unbelievers, Pederpan. I would advise you to reconsider ...

I don't believe anything immaterial leaves the physical body but I do believe in the illusion of out-of-body experiences. I've had them and I know how to induced them both from the waking state and DILDs.

Would you like me to continue or should I stop here and refrain from posting?
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Pederpan

Postby Pederpan » 11 Nov 2016 22:14

Hello there Pilgrim and Summerlander

I am curious to hear what you have to say, both on how to obtain obe's as well as LD's and also why you dont believe in them.

How do you do them from an awakened state?
Are the states you obtain profound?

Can you enter into oneness with everything?

And what's DILD's?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Nov 2016 01:18

I've written an article on how to do it:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/the-phase-state.html

And I believe I expressed my reasons here for not believing in real OBEs and why they are merely elaborate illusions:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17624
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Postby Peter » 12 Nov 2016 04:44

to me they are just entry techniques to the same place so can do either depending on what I choose on the night
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Pederpan

Postby Pederpan » 12 Nov 2016 11:25

Cool.

No matter how we view these experiences we can still all of us enjoy them.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Nov 2016 22:51

Oh yeah! Definitely!

- Padmasambhava

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 13 Nov 2016 00:10

Pederpan,

I am not as knowledgeable on lucid dream science as Summerlander and others. I have read a little bit in the lucid dreaming/OBE thought, particularly Robert Waggoner's Gateway to Inner Self. The elaborate basis for distinction between lucid dreaming and OBE that Waggoner sets forth is simply not my personal experience.

What I can say is that a common dreamscape for me is my bed location. I find this natural since it is the place where I teeter between wake and sleep. So, it is easy for me to dream that I am reclining in bed. The sensation of lack of gravity in the dream world makes the mind believe that an OBE is occurring.

Upon closer inspection of dreams begun from the bedroom verses other random locations simply demonstrate no distinction for me.

This being said, I do believe in possible spiritual significance of dreams. I have experienced precognition a couple of times, which I honestly feel has no reasonable explanation apart from the spiritual significance. I have also experienced turning away from carnal pleasure to seek God, whereby I experienced resulting greater joy.

My religious views are atypical for lucid dreamers, so I do not enter "oneness with everything". I also do not enter from wake state, although dreaming of being in bed and dreaming of trying to sleep can appear to be a wake state.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”