How to obe from a lucid dream?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
lucidé

Re: How to obe from a lucid dream?

Postby lucidé » 21 Aug 2017 05:56

RedKryptonite wrote:May I ask what kind of skills you managed to develop with lucid dreaming? This is actually another reason why I got into lucid dreaming. to help with learning any future skill I wish to learn. Right now,I plan to use it to help me lose fat/weight once I become good enough to induce lucid dreams on at least a semi-regular basis (I sort of can now,at least 2 or more lucid dreams per week. but I'm still working to get more skilled.). I can resist the temptation to pig out when I know I can do so in my dreams.

The very first skills I learned in real life when I first learned how to lucid dream were socializing skills and learning how to communicate, which at the age I was at, I was struggling horribly with. Because I learned how to lucid dream at such a young age, I also had fewer phobias and anxieties, only developing anxiety if it looked like something could really hurt me in real life (like when I got attacked by bullies in middle school, I developed anxiety around others and I only ended up becoming terrified of spiders as a kid when I found out after getting bitten I was allergic to them).
Most often, what I use my lucid dreams for is coming up with ideas for my multimedia designs. I am hoping one day to create a virtual reality where people who cannot lucid dream can enter and do anything they want without any consequences, much like a lucid dream. Even in the video game world, it could be made possible for a person to do the things they could do in a lucid dream, and I am hoping to create that virtual reality one day. Lucide is the name of my mascot, the dey on the end means my mascot has no assigned gender. The reason is lucide is somewhat based on the concept of the multimedia/dream character, which a character doesn't have an assigned gender until the designer/audience decides on that. I will let the gender decision be based on the player's personal preference, just like it would be if they were having a lucid dream about the character and they got to decide that one for themselves. All of these ideas I have for the video game, I came up with in my lucid dreams themselves, I am always coming up with different ideas for my multimedia designs in my lucid dreams, but most get rejected, simply because I cannot use all of them due to it being a time-consuming industry.
Losing weight through lucid dreaming is easy, typically what I do to lose weight is diet and exercise really hard in real life (usually around 1,000 cals a day, avoiding desserts and fats, eating certain food groups, and having a very regular and hardcore exercise program [100 pushups, sit ups, lunges and 1/2 week of martial arts is what I usually do] is recommended). In the lucid dream, eat whatever I want, telling myself cheating in a lucid dream doesn't count. Because I can take a break from the hard diet in the lucid dream, this helps me lose the weight faster. The key is knowing the lucid dream isn't real, and eating the food in a lucid dream is no more than eating air.

@veiler's haven

I have a question for you. So what makes you think lucid dreaming is dangerous? There was only one official time I was in any real danger in a lucid dream, and this was when I went into shock and stopped breathing in real life, losing consciousness, and then waking up in lucid dreamland. While I felt full of energy in the lucid dream, I knew if I didn't heal myself, it was going to be "Game Over", and I had a time limit to heal myself as well. Despite the fact that lucid dream I had was dangerous, I have never forgotten it, because there are things I don't like talking about that I never forget from that lucid dream.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 21 Aug 2017 06:18

@lucidé
I see. so you intend to help with the creation of virtual reality machines. I fully support that. In fact,the biggest reason I got into lucid dreaming was because I knew it would take a very,very long time(like 10-20 years or more)before fully developed VR technology would be created. Instead of waiting for that,I chose to pursue the skill of lucid dreaming since I now know that science has confirmed that its real (and hey,after multiple experiences of achieving lucidity,I now know without a doubt that its real). Unfortunately,there are indeed some people,who,for whatever reason(physiological or psychological)can't learn this wonderful skill. at least technology will let them experience what we do someday.

I dream(no pun intended)of becoming a successful writer or director someday,I feel that learning to master the dream world could greatly help me with that,besides the many,many other boons it has to offer.

Indeed,LD will allow me to satisfy my cravings so I can finally get my appetite under control. Though,I plan to combine this by following an intelligently designed routine by an author I trust very much. wish me luck.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 21 Aug 2017 06:37

It'll probably take me a while before I am ready to help with virtual realities as well. I am just a beginner as well.

That sounds awesome, I bet you can. Lucid dreaming can definitely help with those things.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Pederpan

Postby Pederpan » 26 Sep 2017 21:51

Nice Lucide

For myself, I receive insight, understanding and information in physical life (and dreams), in obe this could come faster.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 26 Sep 2017 23:34

Good luck with your enterprise, RedKryptonite! 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 28 Sep 2017 02:42

Pederpan wrote:Nice Lucide

For myself, I receive insight, understanding and information in physical life (and dreams), in obe this could come faster.

Some of my lucid dreams I am able to receive information way faster than I can in real life, and have a much higher IQ than I do in real life. One thing I manage to receive more of in my lucid dreams from my characters than I ever do in real life is acceptance and the way those characters treat one another, I don't see too much of that in real life.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”