How to obe from a lucid dream?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
taniaaust1

Re: How to obe from a lucid dream?

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jan 2017 12:17

Pederpan wrote:Like tonight for example, i go to sleep relaxed, i drift off to sleep relaxed. At some point i become aware that my body is sleeping, great. So to go exploring consciously i try to roll out, this time i succeed halfway it seems. From there, halfway out or whatever, i imagine a magnet in the roof pulling me up (someone here or on another forum suggested). No good.
I slip back to the body, i can now move it if i want, i relax again and try something else, i try commands, 'i'm out of body now, and similar things, without success.
I should have said 'i travel inwards' because mentioning the body snaps me back into it.
I did not ask any guide for help, as far as i remember.
I attempted many times before falling asleep, but i never got anywhere.

I wake up at 3:00, the cat wants to go out. So i walk for 10 minutes or so to wake up. Back in bed i try again, but this time more tensely efforting, so nothing happens but dreams of effort.

Anyway, i will try next time to say, 'i travel inwards' and also ask friendly guides for help, all while relaxing.

You need to develop your energy body more to succede. Imagining myself being pulled out or Robert Bruces Rope technique where you imagine climbing out, none of that worked for me as my energy body wasnt developed enough at the time so hence I kept only getting partly out eg my fingers used to come loss of my physical body easily but I couldnt get further out. Two weeks of using a powerful energy technique, allowed me finally to be getting out after several years of trying and failing.

Middle of night is a bad time to be trying to OBE as you are then tired and been in dream states so more likely to go into a LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jan 2017 12:30

Price wrote:Hello

I have had OBE and they are completely different then lucid dreaming. I have never had an OBE starting from a lucid dream. I tried a couple of times but kept on getting stuck in another dream.

im so glad I just got to your post. Ive been posting on this thread and trying to say the same thing. Ive never had a real OBE from a LD dream as the dream state messes with things and can cause one to just LD one is OBE when one truely isnt and isnt really having a real experience.

As yes I have done both and they are two completely different things. Its the ones who havent truely expereinced both things which go around saying they are the same when one is just in the mind while the other is actually real.

My first OBE happened this way. As I am going to bed I listen to the high pitch noise that is always there in the background of your hearing, but when you are quiet you can focus on it. I listen and listen to the noise and focus on it coming from above me. I focus on above my head. Soon the noise grows louder and pulsates in waves down my body. Suddenly I am rushing up through a tunnel and feel like I am getting sucked out of my head. "POP" I am out. Another way is when I am going to sleep I feel myself rocking back and forth. Left and Right. At first this rocking motion is very small, but as I get deeper and deeper soon I feel myself rocking way farther then possible. Soon I can spin completely around in a circle. Once I can do that once, I roll out of the bed.

The problem with OBE and Lucid dreaming is that they operate out of completely different frameworks. A lucid dream according to the Western Scientist who came up with it is a dream inside your head that you become lucid in. Everything that happens is happening in your head. A OBE is based on a completely different assumption. It assumes different planes of existence and assumes that we are more then just physical bodies. I personally believe in something more than Western Science has to tell us about death. My experiences in Lucid Dreaming and in OBE confirms that for me.

Ive had the differences confirmed to me too. Several times during OBEs Ive actually experienced things I was later able to vertify. Dreams though arent real.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jan 2017 12:46

Summerlander wrote:
Price wrote:Another way is when I am going to sleep I feel myself rocking back and forth. Left and Right. At first this rocking motion is very small, but as I get deeper and deeper soon I feel myself rocking way farther then possible. Soon I can spin completely around in a circle. Once I can do that once, I roll out of the bed.

The movement is not actual ... it's an induced hallucination and therefore wholly mental. And the space inside your inaccurate bedroom replica is also a dream feature. There is no space in the virtual worlds of the mind. It's an illusion.

Some people are actually feel energy and hence this rocking can actually be the rocking of real energy. You are assuming here to that the person is asleep and hence its a replica of their bedroom they are experiencing. Many do OBE when not even in a sleep state at all and will be completely aware of their real room and the things really around them while they are doing it. This is another difference between OBE and LD.

eg when I used to do my OBE attempts. I'd be listening to my children in the kitchen making breakfast...fully awake. Listening to my children making sure they didnt go off and start playing instead of getting ready for school. I have known a couple who could astrally project with their eyes open while doing other things eg I once know a couple of very experienced astral projectors who could while holding a conversation with me and another, so they'd then be in like two places at once doing two completely different things.

Anyway an astral projector who isnt doing OBE from a sleep state can be very aware of the real things going on around them in real life.

if my bedroom was an inaccurate feature when I was astrally projected, that would then never explain how I found the gift card on the top of the wardrobe which in real life turned out to be really there and how I was able to read this astrally there before I even knew about it. I

didnt even know that shop did gift vouchers before this, I would of thought it hadnt. I saw the gift voucher, I saw the shops name, I saw the right amount, I saw it exactly how it was really when I was astral before I physically seen it or even know my boyfriend had brought it and put it there. That's not stuff you can have a coincidence with...seeing something never seen before exactly how it is and where it is without previously knowing in its existence. Coincidence doesnt explain this. It WAS the same gift voucher, in the same style, with the same kind of writing it to. Indentical to what I saw when astral projected.

People who have OBEs such as this, there is no way they can think that they arent real as being real is the only explanation for things sometimes experienced.

How can you assume someone is assuming things when they may of experienced a lot of stuff which proved to be real in such a state. (its too easy for someone who hasnt experienced something to go around knocking it).

its like someone telling a person who in real life has gone to Africa and seen lions and zebras there that there is no lions and zebras in Africa while the person knows there is as they went there and experienced them themselves Its a bit annoying to those who have experienced it and know its for real to have others kept disputing the reality they've experienced as being just a dream. For you it may be a dream but for many of us who know its real and it truely sucks when someone who hasnt experienced goes around and tells others it doesnt exist just cause they havent experienced it for themselves (which you havent seeing you only had an LD experience of an OBE cant be called a real OBE).

I cant seem to get through that its possible to DREAM one is OBE and then one wont be able to prove to oneself that the experience is real (which seems to have happened to you seeing you were able to prove your experiences when you tried).

Real OBEs can often be proved at least to the one who had the experience such in that voucher I experienced and other things has proved it to me (it seems that others wont believe no matter what). How would you explain my children being scared by a moving chair .. how can that be a coincidence? and moving chair be explained by being a coincidence? chairs dont move themselves!! (the chair was where I had been astrally trying to stand). Both kids experienced it move and heard it move while in that same room doing their breakfast. If it moved by an earthquake..why didnt any of the 3 of us feel the earthquake?

Its so easy to throw out the coincidence thing to try to explain astral experiences but that dont make sense in some cases.

There is more going on there then around the astral stuff I and others have experienced then can be simply explained by coincidence

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jan 2017 13:10

Pilgrim wrote:Of course, there are reasons to believe things that do not have 100% scientific certainty. Ancient writings and history have much more than zero evidence to consider. The risk with "science" is often that conclusions are overstated. "Consensus" science creates the danger of group think, where outsider questions are viewed as too dumb to consider.

A lot of science nowdays is also corrupt. Where there is biased studies being done.. eg a pharma company can choose not to publish negative findings on their medicines but redo studies over and over and then publish the ones when they get a result they like. Somethings get highly studied when others dont, and this also can create biased in certain areas. There has been a lot of articles in recent years of the failings of science.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Jan 2017 00:11

taniaaust1 wrote:You are offering to teach illusionary OBEs, lucid dreams of OBEs rather then actual OBEs which it seems that the original poster was wishing to learn about.

In that case, I can't help him. I can't do real OBEs and I don't even think they are possible. But I can teach him to lucid dream---and via this medium he can experience anything he wishes.

It's better than nothing, don't you think? :)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 03 Jan 2017 09:23

Tania, Peder gave us permission to express our views, since no one who embraces the OBE view was responding.

Also, I do believe you about knowledge of the voucher and such things. I do believe that God, good and bad angels, and human life after death exist. My explanation of reality is different, but I do not question your experience.

Yesterday, I had my own unusual experience. I dreamed (not lucid) of a plane crash that was visible from a dream house. My wife told me just a couple of hours ago that one of her friends told of seeing a plane crash visible from her house in McKinney, TX. This vision was not amazing as some that I had many years ago, but is was significant enough to make me wonder.

Summerlander, on the matter of "conscience," I am currently reading a work by C. S. Lewis--Mere Christianity. I found a free version on-line! It was originally a series of radio broadcasts. I disagree on his discussion of free will, but his "moral argument" is a notable, classical work. He mentions background as an atheist.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Jan 2017 12:14

Summerlander wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:You are offering to teach illusionary OBEs, lucid dreams of OBEs rather then actual OBEs which it seems that the original poster was wishing to learn about.

In that case, I can't help him. I can't do real OBEs and I don't even think they are possible. But I can teach him to lucid dream---and via this medium he can experience anything he wishes.

It's better than nothing, don't you think? :)

nods yeah if he is just as interested in lucid dreams.

sorry for getting so on edge about it. I'd just for others to be able to experience as I have experienced when they ask about those kinds of things. But yes, lucid dreaming is just as fun as OBE (actually I think it is usually more interesting).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Jan 2017 12:36

Pilgrim wrote:Tania, Peder gave us permission to express our views, since no one who embraces the OBE view was responding.

nods, he may not of been expecting it to go on so long, I appolgise. I was just very disappointed in the thread, I read the whole 7? pages seeking comments on his question only to then end up reading though heaps of unrelated stuff and then only to find it appears he ended up leaving the thread

Yesterday, I had my own unusual experience. I dreamed (not lucid) of a plane crash that was visible from a dream house. My wife told me just a couple of hours ago that one of her friends told of seeing a plane crash visible from her house in McKinney, TX. This vision was not amazing as some that I had many years ago, but is was significant enough to make me wonder.

Ive found with real visions, they usually have a different feel to them then an ordinary dream though not always eg there was a child I saw in dream who I was trying to rescue from a fire but I just couldnt, no matter what I did in the dream the fire got this child.. I thought that one was just a very horrible, vivid nightmare but it did turn out to be something else (that same child actually did in real life die in a fire days later). Most of the time when I've dreamed something real, Ive known it was real before it happened, the "dream" just feels different or leaves me feeling freaked out even after Ive completely awoke.

Last one I had which freaked me out, I dreamed my dad died wasnt sure if there was something to the dream or not (Ive never dreamed of a family member dying before, I only experienced my aunts death while OBE when she died so knew the very moment she died). When I then rang trying to find out if dad was okay, turned out he was actually in hospital with a life threatening issue. Unknown to me he'd been helping my uncle out on his farm (my father used to be a farmer) and been kicked by a sheep which had caused a blood clot which had then caused him to collapse and go unconscious.

He ended up having to spend a week in hospital while they were trying to dissolve clots (he'd never got clots before this, in fact his physical health had been previously great). Seems my may of subconsciousness exaggerated things as subconsciousnesses tend to do, him dying rather then him just having his life at risk at that time. it may of just been coincidence that one as I wasnt completely sure he had something in real life going badly wrong though I was fearing that on waking from the dream.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Jan 2017 01:40

The book I'm currently reading feels like a continuation of the last book I read by Derren Brown. It's Paranormality by professor Richard Wiseman and it talks about why people are willing to believe in things that have never been proved to exist.

But it's not just about debunking the paranormal. It is also about how complex and amazing our brains can be to beget such a wonderful thing as the human mind---with all its quirks, imagination and creativity. Another delicious read ... 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 15 Jan 2017 11:31

I checked on the timing of the plane crash. It had happened a couple of days before me dream. I'm game for coincidence on this one. :)

Return to “Paranormal Activity”