The Hereafter

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Summerlander

Re: The Hereafter

Postby Summerlander » 16 Apr 2017 15:50

Lutopia ... Great concept. Your professor would like to take a vacation there but ... would he like to live there forever? :geek:

On a different note, tell me more about your animation ... :)

Now I get your wish to live in a lucid dream. It is the desire for a clean slate and the opportunity to be like 'most people'.

Nothing wrong with fantasies as long as we recognise that some might remain just that. Still ... at least you look forward to something that could become a reality. We could succeed in creating a brain in a vat scenario where people live happily in a lucid dream world. It could be wonderful for many people.

The afterlife, on the other hand, is for those hopefuls who think nothing is required to attain immortality.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 16 Apr 2017 17:03

Summerlander wrote:On a different note, tell me more about your animation ... :)

Sure thing, although I won't spoil the whole thing, I'll let you be surprised. The name of it is First Visit. An overworked man is exhausted from work and eventually finds himself in Lutopia. What awaits him there is going to be quite the relaxing vacation.

[quot] Now I get your wish to live in a lucid dream. It is the desire for a clean slate and the opportunity to be like 'most people'. [/quote]

I have had lucid dreams since I was a kid, so controlling them all the time every day would be extremely overrated. However, I found in some of my lucid dreams, I don't have afflictions, and found what I truly want out of them. A friend of mine wanted exactly the same thing I wanted, he wanted to live a normal life, because he was normal in his lucid dreams as well. It's too bad he never got his wish, and never will now.

Nothing wrong with fantasies as long as we recognise that some might remain just that. Still ... at least you look forward to something that could become a reality. We could succeed in creating a brain in a vat scenario where people live happily in a lucid dream world. It could be wonderful for many people.

I am hoping with all my might I get to live in a lucid dream, instead of ending up in some helpless lucid dream that I end up losing consciousness.

The afterlife, on the other hand, is for those hopefuls who think nothing is required to attain immortality.

I actually would hope that for the effort it would take to live happily in a lucid dream without my afflictions, I actually have to make the effort to go out there and do good deeds, although I don't go out there to do good deeds because I want to be attached to a machine. You go out there to do it because it makes a world a better place. It was kind of like on Disney's Hercules, where Hercules was only helping people at first, because that's ALL he wanted: immortality and to live with Zeus on Mt. Olympus. When he realized how much he truly cared about others, especially a woman, not only was he willing to sacrifice his own life to save that woman, he even gave up his only chance for immortality (which was ALL he could think about from the beginning of that film) to live with that woman. Even if some people are like Hercules was at the beginning of that film, they still need to find a way to behave like a true hero, or be willing to help others without the thinking they will go to Mt. Olympus if they help others.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 16 Apr 2017 18:52

Lucide, do you have any finished projects? I'd like to see some of what you make. :D
Good luck,
Dream on.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 16 Apr 2017 21:07

DreamerMan99 wrote:Lucide, do you have any finished projects? I'd like to see some of what you make. :D

Not any of the animations I made 10 years ago, they all got discarded years ago when the website I made got banned. Icedawg took my animated WILD emoticon (it was an animated smile face with vibrations, I wish I could have kept that), and I am still attempting to make another one as good as the last one, but I haven't made one as good. If the animation isn't that good, I usually discard it, although I am still trying to figure out what I did with the hand drawn animation of the flour sack I made, as I thought it was hilarious. I'd have to get my portfolio to be able to show some of the best projects I made, because while I don't save all of my projects, the very best of mine go into there.
It's not really one of my best ones, but here's a picture of something I managed to do while in my Maya class:
To what it looks like in the picture, the water animates and splashes. I cannot show that on here.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Apr 2017 22:43

Icedawg sounds like a real arsehole! :shock:

I hope you manage to create another one that you'll be happy with, lucide.

I bet the animation you posted is cool to look at in motion. I did a bit of animation once at Westminster university when I took my BA (Hons) Illustration course. We used to call it 'time-based illustration'. I had fun creating a dialogue between two alien-like characters who were really evolved humans devoid of emotion in the future. One of them tells the other that their distant ancestors (us) used to have a concept called 'romance'.

I got my friend Gyll do a Sean Connery voice for the character. It was hillarious. Fun times. I wish I could post it here but it was recorded on VCR. Eventually I argued with lecturers at the time and never finished the course. I was drinking and taking too many drugs at the time. My friend died a premature death. He was crazy but great in his own way. I will never forget him.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 16 Apr 2017 23:24

Summerlander wrote:Icedawg sounds like a real arsehole! :shock:

I bet the animation you posted is cool to look at in motion. I did a bit of animation once at Westminster university when I took my BA (Hons) Illustration course. We used to call it 'time-based illustration'. I had fun creating a dialogue between two alien-like characters who were really evolved humans devoid of emotion in the future. One of them tells the other that their distant ancestors (us) used to have a concept called 'romance'.

I attempted to create a 2d animation myself, and I was going to post a video of it as soon as I was done. It was based off a concept of what life would be like on another earth-like planet if that earth like planet was as close to it's star as Venus (approximately 800'-1,000' F hotter than our planet). I used reptiles as an example, and put a lot of scientific dragons on that planet, as well as showed how the plant would have evolved to become less flammable than our plants, how the design of the reptiles would have been completely different to be able to survive in these harsher conditions, and animated how life would have been able to adapt to the harsher conditions on the planet. I even showed an animation of becaus the planet was so hot, a volcano eruption would end up acting like almost like a massive explosion, and could be seen from space. Many of the students and even some of the science students were extremely interested in my animation, but my animation teacher said science was so boring, and said no one would like it, he told me to completely erase everything I did so far on my animation, and change it into something that was funny and made sense to him. So I ended up turning it into a creationism cartoon, where my teacher was the deity, and I showed his rear, and then he flatuated out the planet and then said, "Let this presentation be stinky!" Then all the animals were really stupid, and did really stupid things (Darwinism), that resulted in their own extinction. I can intentionally make my animations really mean if I want to, but only if someone gets on my nerves.

I also had several animations of a self-designed character I created back in high school (based off of the dinosaur-like creature called a tuatara), but since some rich kid decided he absolutely had to have them, he stole my character, and put a patent on it (once a character is copyrighted under someone else's name, you cannot use it anymore), so I couldn't use the character anymore. So I had to find another character I could use. Fortunately, my college professors liked Lucide and lutopia so much, they put an educational patent on it, so none of the other students can swipe my characters or any of my work this time. The de at the end of Lucide means they. They means no gender. Until the animator assigns a character a gender, they don't have one, because all characters start off as genderless robots, because for the designer, all multimedia characters are their robots they design and build to have personality. I decided for my mascot, the role that is usually played by the animator where they assign the gender will be played by the audience. I will demonstrate how this is played in a few of my videos.

I don't drink or take drugs. I've just never been interested.

I had a best friend who died a premature death too. No, 2 best friends who died a premature death. One of them, I was only 16 years old, mostly only a little older than a child when I lost him. The other, it was only 3 years ago. That best friend was one of my lucid dreaming friends, and was one of few whom I was able to successfully pull off meshing with.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 Apr 2017 00:40

The Venusian reptiles would have to be really tough in order to withstand the their planet's atmospheric pressure. :shock:

Your teacher was wrong. Science is anything but boring. It can be so much fun to discover and understand things.

By the way, your description of the mean animation sounds like a real treat ... a real work of art! It's sublime---a product of your thoughts and emotions when you are not happy with someone. I bet it was a great creative outlet! 8-)

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 19 Apr 2017 02:12

Summerlander wrote:The Venusian reptiles would have to be really tough in order to withstand the their planet's atmospheric pressure. :shock:

I had my theories on how the planet's wildlife evolved so they could withstand the biological heat and pressure, and how they would have to evolve to be different.

By the way, your description of the mean animation sounds like a real treat ... a real work of art! It's sublime---a product of your thoughts and emotions when you are not happy with someone. I bet it was a great creative outlet! 8-)

Well at least it wasn't as mean as the time I roasted this one guy after he murdered my cousin. Spiked, beaten up, and then burned with 4th degree burns all over his body, and I burned off some body parts. Death said he was on holiday, so it made it even more hilarious. My classmates were throwing up after seeing how X rated that animation was, especially the fire scene.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Apr 2017 19:03

Gross! :mrgreen:

On a slightly more relevant note ...

My intuitions about eternal life is that novelty begins to wear off after about 200 years and tedium starts to set in. From this point of view, death is a form of deliverance we cannot afford to lose.

But then again, my intuitions could be misguided and immortality could afford us time to make everything we do second nature---which might provide a sense of easiness and satisfaction---plus the opportunity to work on time-consuming projects and witness numerous scientific discoveries.

What are your thoughts?

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 20 Apr 2017 21:24

Well if it were an eternal vacation or eternal misery, I couldn't agree with you more on that one.

Then there's Utah's superpower of immortality, and I believe from the stories that immortality would be anything but boring. This form of immortality grants the user infinite knowledge and infinite storage for that knowledge as well. This means you could keep going to as many college classes as you wanted and you never would have to stop learning. Infinite youth, no pain/afflictions/disabilities, ultimate invincibility (You cannot be hurt by the laws of science by anything, including heat, cold, poison, sharp objects, or anything you can think of that might kill you or even damage/annoy you instantly), as well as a huge selections of other super abilities, such as the ability to teleport or fly at the speed of thought to other planets and even other universes. As I believe every universe that is born is completely different from the universe we live in, as well as the planets in our universe that have life, I see no reason why with Utah immortality someone would ever get bored. You would just continue about learning about every universe that ended up existing, and as it would keep going in an infinite loop, as each universe that ends up existing would be completely unique from ours I image, and it would have different adventures and technology from the one we are in. I would see that as an endless discovery.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”