Hooded figure tricked me...

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
hissenkitten

Hooded figure tricked me...

Postby hissenkitten » 26 Feb 2017 04:33

This is probably the strangest and most realistic feeling dream I have ever had. I tend to have vivid, lucid dreams fairly often, but it was clear that this one was particularly paranormal. Which was exciting and terrifying all at once, because I have always wanted to have a paranormal experience, but this wasn't exactly what I had in mind. The dream occurred in the latish morning (after the sun had already risen) on my boyfriend's birthday last year, which was June 17th, 2016. The dream starts out with me and my boyfriend making passionate love. For some reason, two of our very close friends are present and watching, but do not seem to be actively participating in any way, I mean they were just staring unblinking by the side of the bed. It was very strange, but we didn't seem to think anything of it. After we finish making love, I start begging for more sex because it was so good, and my boyfriend just starts laughing at me, in this "Haha, I just tricked you into having sex with me" sort of evil way. I IMMEDIATELY realize that there is no way this my boyfriend, and I yell at him "GET OUT...NOW!" After I do that, I wake up in my bedroom, everything exactly in it's place, down to the smallest detail. This is relevant, because I'm not sure I have ever dreamed about my real house at all before. I am always in a large elaborate home I have never been to before, or out and about adventuring. I don't dream about my real life at all, barely, with the exception of anxiety dreams about work. But anyway, I wake up to my real bedroom, but there is a figure sitting on the edge of my boyfriend's side of the bed, facing towards the wall, and away from me. I wake up, laying on my side, facing the back of him. He is wearing a tattered grey and brown hooded cloak. I never see his face, and I cannot really tell how tall he was, because he was sitting. I of course try to get away, but I am tangled up in our heavy bed covers. I try to scream but only that hoarse whisper comes out. I start trying to throw my fist at the wall so that either my Dad or my dogs will hear and make a commotion. At that point, I wake up, again, in my bedroom, everything exactly in it's place, but now I am alone. I wake up in the same position that I woke up in the first time. It had been a dream within a dream, but I know that it really happened. That fucker tricked me into having sex with him on my boyfriend's birthday!!! My boyfriend was not home, because he wanted to go to a motorcycle event early on, so he got up around 8am, and the dream occurred after he left. What bothers me most about the experience is that it happened in daylight, albeit a very dark and quiet room. But I think the fish tank light may have been on, I can't remember now. And it also bothers me about the timing, of all the times to have my first paranormal experience, why that day at that time? I wasn't feeling particularly stressed, or vulnerable at that time. In fact I was feeling quiet happy and confident. It also bothers me that my two close friends were there, but not really there. Did this entity use them as a way to get to me? I have so many questions, that I hope you guys may be able to help me unravel a bit!

lucidé

Re: Hooded figure tricked me...

Postby lucidé » 26 Feb 2017 04:43

There was nothing paranormal about that. You probably just worried so about cheating on your boyfriend on his birthday, and your subconscious fears ended up turning into a dream about you doing so, because you worried so much about doing so, and that anxiety of cheating made it feel real to you.

I don't do things like that in my lucid dreams, and don't really have interest in relationships other than friendship in real life. I am not trying to make you feel uncomfortable, some users just have different interests than others.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Price

Postby Price » 26 Feb 2017 08:07

It is interesting when we become lucid, some characters in the dream we can control and tell what to do. Then there are other characters that feel so foreign and alien like?

I don't have any answers, but thank you for sharing.

hissenkitten

Postby hissenkitten » 26 Feb 2017 19:31

lucidé wrote:There was nothing paranormal about that. You probably just worried so about cheating on your boyfriend on his birthday, and your subconscious fears ended up turning into a dream about you doing so, because you worried so much about doing so, and that anxiety of cheating made it feel real to you.

I don't do things like that in my lucid dreams, and don't really have interest in relationships other than friendship in real life. I am not trying to make you feel uncomfortable, some users just have different interests than others.

I should probably mention that me and my boyfriend have been together for 11 years, and have a somewhat open relationship, so the fear of cheating is a very improbable interpretation. I appreciate your input, but I personally don't feel that is a likely explanation. This was not a character I created. Something paranormal entered my dreams. There are a lot of stories out there about these hooded figures, and I have done some extensive reading. The reason I chose to post this here is because one of the users on this website seems to very knowledgeable about them. Of course, in hindsight, I realize that the post I am referencing to is from 2013:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3768

And I have not seen the user: taniaaust1, post anything more recently, so I think I may have come to a dead end anyway. I have gone ahead and read through many of these topics, and while I can appreciate your rational standpoint on these matters, I am very much hoping to hear from individuals who may have had a similar experience. With all due respect, I am perfectly willing to accept when my overactive imagination is fooling with me, but this was a particularly unique experience, and nothing you say is going to convince me that it wasn't a true paranormal encounter.

hissenkitten

Postby hissenkitten » 26 Feb 2017 19:47

Price wrote:It is interesting when we become lucid, some characters in the dream we can control and tell what to do. Then there are other characters that feel so foreign and alien like?

I don't have any answers, but thank you for sharing.

Thank you for replying, Price. I do find it interesting when I am LD and there is a character who won't do what I want them to. It happens sort of regularly. I don't have nightmares about monsters or demons, or barely really have nightmares at all, so the hooded figure was an extreme outlier in terms of regular dream characters. I have dreamed of ghosts before, but never actually see them, I only "feel" them. As I stated before, I never dream about my real house. Even when I have dreams within dreams, where I wake up in the more shallow dream layer, I wake up in a bed in a different house, before truly awakening in my own. There were just so many "this has only ever occurred in this dream before" parts to it, that I truly believe that it was a supernatural experience. And I do remember my dreams fairly well. If I tried harder, I could remember them from every single night. If you don't mind me asking, what sort of "foreign/alien" characters have you encountered?

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 26 Feb 2017 21:45

Hooded figures cannot hurt you! If I see any at the beginning of my lucid dreams, they just quietly walk off. I wear a white robe anyways, one of the reasons I was told where I live, wearing white of anything brings the user protection and good luck. Not that I really need any, but it was just something I heard.
Actually this is how dangerous a hooded figure seems to me according to this video clip:
http://www.shadowlordinc.com/sceneclip.view?Clip.Id=5753
The ghost sheep in the dream that was haunting the farm in that episode (it died of a sudden heart attack, and the characters were trying to bring him back to life) wasn't able to do much of anything, but the kick @#$@ lucid dreamer was sure able to whoop their @#$#@. Never underestimate the sheer power of the dream control of a well seasoned lucid dreamer. (the lucid dreamer is flat out killed later on in the episode along with another character, but is brought back from the dead, just because death is a slap on the wrist in most media)

And I could consider the dream characters of my lucid dream friends I meshed (we intentionally programmed our lucid dreams to be similar) with in some of my lucid dreams not created either, but we all made shall we say, a similar effort in our lucid dreams. Meshing is not a supernatural ability, it is when 2 or more friends make the effort to program their lucid dreams to be similar, because many elements in their lucid dreams are similar. Even when I ended up having low probability conversations or events happen, I don't suspect anything.

For a while when I was a teenager, I didn't even ask about being aware and controlling my dreams, just because I believed everyone could do it. That is, until I started having WILDs where I had the ability to tell time, the weather, and had completely accurate depictions of real life. That led to some confusion, as I didn't know at first you could use abilities like that in a dream, and was even listening to the lectures in my classrooms including reading what was on the board. While a Spongebob cartoon explained neighborhood walking in a dream, it didn't explain the low probability I was encountering in some of my dreams, including when I ended up reading the correct Pokemon card or when I ended up on accident, flying into a crime scene currently going on. This is what got me to ask about dreams, finding out the term lucid dream, and also finding out more about the laws of probability, improbability doesn't mean impossibility. An experience can be different from your usual experiences with something like with my experience with lucid dreaming (I am 100% sure some of my lucid dreams are completely different from some of my others, but it doesn't change the fact that I still am completely aware they are dreams, as I am completely aware I cannot fly or use intangibility super abilities in real life), but it doesn't necessarily mean it is paranormal.
I still haven't succeeded in doing this complicated lucid dream task in these particular lucid dreams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QniU5FJl9E8

As for Tania, I am pretty sure she comes and goes.

It isn't that I don't believe you about the whole supernatural thing, I just haven't seen hooded ninjas in real life as of yet using intangibility or flying superpowers as of yet. If I could see, hear, smell, or touch something and can then observe and study it for myself, even if the rest of society isn't able to, maybe it might be easier for me to understand it. There's only one superpower I am really only hoping does not exist at least while sleeping at night, and that would be turning into a ghost. I am completely phobic of turning into a ghost, so I refuse to think about it. Lucid dreaming is a much more pleasant topic to think about and so much safer. I think more about being free, away from the harshness of reality.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Petal

Postby Petal » 27 Feb 2017 20:28

Oh dear! It can't be just me thinking smutty salacious salacious... well maybe not so much smutty but definitely libidinous. I not certain if I should to ask this or disclose my hypotheses. I'll take courage by assuming there are some naughty finicky mutes out on this part of the cubernet, thinking and lurking with very similar ideas...
Please, excuse me, by the way, for nudging into this delicate convo. I'm new, trying to make friends, whilst reassessing my own lucid techniques and long term experiences.
Is it possible, you were having some kind of flirtation at the time? Perhaps, even a small seemingly innocent one? I'm only asking because maybe, it takes an inadvertent tease to recognise another. :evil: I speculate your dreaming subconscious picked up on somebody's lascivious regards and fantasies about you.
Maybe that someone is married or believes in closed bonded relationships but nevertheless was sensually inspired. Of course, they could just think your a hottie. Maybe the "miscreant" was a living friend or relative or friend of a friend; someone who perhaps learnt and was turned on by overhead innocent conversations or subtle unintentional details, let slip maybe by your close companions. I cringe because it's seem inelegant to suggest that perhaps "he?" was self pleasuring at the time of the disturbance. :P It's certainly a viable, (and wonderfully pervy) possibility. Virile sexual undercurrents/vibrations are well know to be quite easily detectable. Please check out this article http://www.metta.org.uk/wds/wds4.htm
It's also possible, the culprit knew you were alone because they knew your boyfriend had gone on his birthday trip. This knowledge by itself, could have triggered a fanciful desire to interfere with you. They might have been imagining that they were your boyfriend. They may have been snoozing and wish fulfilling for themselves. They might of congratulated themselves on having a particularly lucid and naughty little adventure and assumed you would have known nothing about it. They likely assumed that you wouldn't ever twig/understand or witnessed them. Most people would have dismissed it at a odd dream... (so if I were you, I'd give yourself some donuts for being so aware and critically observant). Maybe it was just a dream...simply a strangely connected one. It could be a ethereal echo of your boyfriend past sneaky session on the side of your bed. Or maybe a envious friend of your boyfriend, who had the dream of you, then woke to finish the job. Horrible? Maybe, but your guess of who, if anyone of your associates, would do such a thing, would be more informed than mine.
The figure likely appeared shady because they knew they were having shady ideas about you. Or because the human source of the desire is by their own nature vague. I don't know why they would have thought they tricked you, unless they had a fantasy about doing so. Maybe they did have some conscious or intended idea of what they were up to. I would bet a lot of money, however that the lustful person would be mortified, if they knew for certain, that you had somehow witnessed their adore for you and caught them in the act. The fact that he was sat down with his back to you, I'm very sorry, dose implies he was having a (lovely and wicked) good old fashioned private urmmm...you know...moment.
I'm not convinced, at all, that it was an unearthly spirit. For my own impetuous "astral" travels I have observed that if ghosties and entities do exist, most are much weaker than humans, especially when so close to our normal reality. Humans on the other hand can be very strongly vibrational and wilful. It could have been some kind of thought-form generate between friends but I'd expect that to be loitering and slow forming. Whoever it was or whatever it was, it doesn't seem to have been particularly malicious, otherwise it would have made other persistent visits. I agree with lucide, in this instance, the hooded figure couldn't have hurt you, as both of you were in a "earthly" lucid realm of consciousness. It could of happened entirely in your own mind workings. Ghost are not the only things that can haunt. Living humans, words, idea, intentions, actions and facial expressions can stay in the mind a very long time. Maybe your subconscious was trying to tell you about subtle sexy and slightly ambiguous suggestions, relating to your friends that your awake conscious was declining to acknowledge. As your friends just watched, it doesn't seem likely they are purposely involved. Maybe it's one aspect of their attitude that you feel is attracting you in a sensual way. Sorry lots of ideas here. I've no idea how to narrow them down.
It dose seem to me a lot of "psychic" defence, in the dreaming state and in normal waking consciousness, is about having and developing a robust sense of self, knowing your own body and emotional reactions/self expression, defining and holding steady personal boundaries and values. I not saying that an open relationship should be specifically "tricky". I wish only to say, that it's wise to be consistently self assured about values of freedom and specific deferences. People, even seemingly reasonable ones, it has been much noted, will try to take advantages of even the slightest irregularity of personal perspective. If you are not following the herd direction, you become more vulnerable. No one can't be responsible for what others think but we can be clear and strong in our own minds and how we communicate values.
I can see how wearing white could be protective as it could make a person seem more pure, just like 18th century's men started to wear black to look more somber and authoritative. There are undoubtedly many many tricks to clothing as shields, defensive message and disguise. I sure Pokemon characters creators know this.hmmm?
Anyhow, Kind Regards. I hope to see you about...

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 28 Feb 2017 02:09

White is what I wear whenever I enter specific lucid dreams.
I am not sure how you knew about something, although it is difficult for me to explain, in some of my lucid dreams, in particular the ones where I am wearing the white robe and the type of dream body I have, I don't have as many dream abilities. Sure I can fly, have intangibility, complete invisibility, full spectrum eyesight, and can move at the speed of thought, but I don't have the ability to mentally command anything and everything like I do in most of my other lucid dreams. I haven't quite been able to figure out why I have that issue in these lucid dreams just yet, despite the fact I am still lucid dreaming in both of them. But even in the ones I cannot command everything and everything, I still find ways to have so much fun with the escape from reality I am given, because I get to see such life-like and accurate time and weather simulations of places such as Disneyland or other places (and talking to the animals such as the cats makes it even more fun). Also in the ones I cannot command things, I am unsure why, but there is a complete calmness like being in one of those white rooms, yet also the feeling of being completely invincible to the lucid dream. The white room in real life is very safe to meditate in, so I know the feeling from the white room in my lucid dream, and it makes me feel very safe.
BTW, poster above, do NOT mistake me the awful rumors that I am the so called nesgirl. I don't think anything bad for you in the least.

Petal

Postby Petal » 28 Feb 2017 10:32

lucidé wrote:BTW, poster above, do NOT mistake me the awful rumors that I am the so called nesgirl. I don't think anything bad for you in the least.

Ooh! I learnt how to quote and what another button does. This eighties haphazardly educated pirate pirate girl is a bit slow on the written language, technologies and some nightly involved forum master debates. :roll: We were also encouraged to chomp down hard on bad vibes for breakfast. Makes us strong and blissful all day. Is some Scottish bird thinking bad things about me? Well yum noom noom! Sounds rather tasty. I'll have to get the juice from you on another board at another day. This one seems rather personal and unfortunately I haven't the time at mo to catch my pretty squealer and tease it out of him. But I will. Better keep your white tunic on. I'll be going for my wool charcoal coat when I'm ready to wade into murky waters.
Anyhow, Kind Regards. I hope to see you about...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 28 Feb 2017 11:19

lucidé wrote:There was nothing paranormal about that. You probably just worried so about cheating on your boyfriend on his birthday, and your subconscious fears ended up turning into a dream about you doing so, because you worried so much about doing so, and that anxiety of cheating made it feel real to you.

Yeah we know you said that before as nesgirl. You are asexual after all. Welcome back, nesgirl! :D
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Paranormal Activity”