A beginner needs help

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
2201 Sa'eed

A beginner needs help

Postby 2201 Sa'eed » 01 Mar 2017 16:58

Hello guys, I've got interested in meditation and mind training stuff (as well as LD) last week and I have little clue of the whole thing.
My biggest question is: should I try Astral Projection even before I can manage to get an LD?
I've read a lot of things and heared many experiences from other people during this week but I do not have much experience practically.
Lots of guides and articles suggest to practice LD before Projecting, and it seems reasonable for me, but I'm so eager to try go Astral that I might want to skip the tutorial, if you know what I mean.

Three days ago I tried Astral Projection, and against the odds and my expectations I was actually so close to separate (or whatever) my mind from the body. I messed up at the vibration, opening my eyes instead of trying moving my Astral Body, but it didn't sound so bad for a first try.
Since then I didn't try it yet, because I first wanna practice some meditation.
I am not a fool or an arrogant guy, I know that I've just started and I know my limits, but one thing makes me think I could try Projection before having a LD.

I recall that since some months ago I rarely felt some sensations while I was in bed trying to sleep, like weak earthquakes, and at the time I first thought that it was a geological event for real because of a recent one happened in my region. Another explenation I gave myself was that my muscles were messing up a bit or something. After feeling those vibrations I always got up scared of an earthquake or my body getting damaged.
I remember that feeling of shaking I got was happening very often for one week more or less, but then it got very less common.

Anyway last week I heard about Astral Projection and how before the consciousness leaves the body many experience those vibrations, so I tried and I found out that those were the same, but in my attempt I got further than I've ever experience unconsciously.
I'm quite sure I've never unconsciously Projected even if some of the first times can be forgotten (or so I've read) but it feels clear to me that I have some kind of predisposition.

Should I go on with Astral Projection right now or wait to acquire some experience in LDs?

Thanks a lot to have gotten so far in this badly expressed post :)

lucidé

Re: A beginner needs help

Postby lucidé » 01 Mar 2017 19:13

Hey.

What you are attempting is actually a form of lucid dream called the Wake Induced Lucid Dream technique, or WILD, although you do need to learn to gain awareness of your lucid dream to make it a lucid dream. It is a direct conscious entry into a lucid dream rather than an unconscious entry into one, which is why you feel vibrations or a separation. I know as the main technique I use to enter a lucid dream myself is the WILD technique.
There are several WILD techniques you can try, for a beginner, I would try with the vibrations keeping still while the vibrations are going on, and if you should feel yourself flying again, when you start to fly again, imagine yourself opening a portal as you fly upwards again, and then fly into that portal to enter a lucid dream. You are already in a dream, but changing the dream scenery from your room to something more exciting is a much better idea.
A WILD technique I sometimes use, but I would not recommend you use, is transferring my awareness from real life on command to my dream body in a lucid dream. It is a much quicker way to enter a lucid dream (it can result in some having FAs or dreams about flying to the bathroom, finding they cannot move the switch), however, at least from my perspective, reality checking is slightly more complicated in this lucid dream than it is in others unless you really know what to look for. I usually end up in very accurate versions of places, starting with the room I induced my lucid dream, which usually is enough to confuse a newbie into believing they are still in real life. Despite the fact I can read notes, tell the weather, and know the exact time in my lucid dreams, it doesn't affect my lucidity. I have had enough training to stay aware of my dream.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

2201 Sa'eed

Postby 2201 Sa'eed » 02 Mar 2017 17:16

lucidé wrote:Hey.

What you are attempting is actually a form of lucid dream called the Wake Induced Lucid Dream technique, or WILD, although you do need to learn to gain awareness of your lucid dream to make it a lucid dream. It is a direct conscious entry into a lucid dream rather than an unconscious entry into one, which is why you feel vibrations or a separation. I know as the main technique I use to enter a lucid dream myself is the WILD technique.
There are several WILD techniques you can try, for a beginner, I would try with the vibrations keeping still while the vibrations are going on, and if you should feel yourself flying again, when you start to fly again, imagine yourself opening a portal as you fly upwards again, and then fly into that portal to enter a lucid dream. You are already in a dream, but changing the dream scenery from your room to something more exciting is a much better idea.
A WILD technique I sometimes use, but I would not recommend you use, is transferring my awareness from real life on command to my dream body in a lucid dream. It is a much quicker way to enter a lucid dream (it can result in some having FAs or dreams about flying to the bathroom, finding they cannot move the switch), however, at least from my perspective, reality checking is slightly more complicated in this lucid dream than it is in others unless you really know what to look for. I usually end up in very accurate versions of places, starting with the room I induced my lucid dream, which usually is enough to confuse a newbie into believing they are still in real life. Despite the fact I can read notes, tell the weather, and know the exact time in my lucid dreams, it doesn't affect my lucidity. I have had enough training to stay aware of my dream.

Thank you for your reply!
I will try again tomorrow now that I know some new things.
Just to clarify: is "Astral Projection" a fancy way to call WILD? And if it is, is it worth it?
It makes me think that if it's the same thing I could wait to master LD and save myself some free time.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 02 Mar 2017 17:39

2201 Sa'eed wrote:
Thank you for your reply!
I will try again tomorrow now that I know some new things.
Just to clarify: is "Astral Projection" a fancy way to call WILD? And if it is, is it worth it?
It makes me think that if it's the same thing I could wait to master LD and save myself some free time.

For the most part, yes, it is a fancy WILD technique, as I don't see most users turning into ghosts when using the technique. In order to gain the lucid part of the WILD from the conscious entry, you have to be "aware" it is a dream when entering your lucid dream, otherwise it isn't a considered a true lucid dream. A WILD to a lucid dreamer, is also considered one of the best and effective lucid dreaming techniques to use when entering a lucid dream.

But if I were you, if you are already entering a lucid dream with your own techniques, I would wait on trying to use the WILD technique until you can use your own techniques for now. If you want to try to use the WILD technique at another given time, you can certainly give it a try and see if you like it any better.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

2201 Sa'eed

Postby 2201 Sa'eed » 03 Mar 2017 18:19

lucidé wrote:For the most part, yes, it is a fancy WILD technique, as I don't see most users turning into ghosts when using the technique. In order to gain the lucid part of the WILD from the conscious entry, you have to be "aware" it is a dream when entering your lucid dream, otherwise it isn't a considered a true lucid dream. A WILD to a lucid dreamer, is also considered one of the best and effective lucid dreaming techniques to use when entering a lucid dream.

But if I were you, if you are already entering a lucid dream with your own techniques, I would wait on trying to use the WILD technique until you can use your own techniques for now. If you want to try to use the WILD technique at another given time, you can certainly give it a try and see if you like it any better.

Thanks for your opinion. The thing is that I do not know LD techniques other than meditation and reality checks during the day, and WILD fascinates me very much. If I'll see some problems I'll tell you, thank you for now so much!

Return to “Paranormal Activity”