Answers needed re: presence during sleep

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
JonK999

Answers needed re: presence during sleep

Postby JonK999 » 27 Jun 2017 23:28

Hi all...this is the first time I've used a forum to discuss my situation, but I'm after some answers if at all possible.

I'll try to keep it as brief as possible!

So, about 2-3 nights a week I can actually feel myself sink from the real world into dream world...this has been going on for 2-3 years. When this first occurred it scared me (the sinking thing) so I would always wake myself up mid sink...

Over time, I actually decided to go with the flow and see what happened and when I did, the "events" started.

So, I sink into the dream and immediately I am aware of what can only be described as a "force" - it grabs me, grabs my hand, pushes down on me and rolls me over. It also tickles me, pokes me and scratches me at times...

Going back, I would try my utmost to wake up during these moments, but more recently I have braved them out...I can only describe the feeling as a "vortex", the same feeling you get if you put your hand over the holes in a Jacuzzi when it is in full swing..its like a power struggle and initially this force was too strong for me to move, but now I fight it (not with fists) but as in a strength battle, so lots of pushing and pulling...I can feel "hands" on me so I'm guessing its a human, whatever it is..the longer the "dream" goes on, the more violent these dreams become and the harder the battles get...sometimes, when it feels like I'm winning the struggle, it seems to get a huge amount of strength from somewhere and literally incapacitates me to move at all by jumping on my back and restraining me..this is scary as I feel vunerable and usually at this point I do wake myself up..recently, I have heard someone whispering in my ear, I can hear what they are saying clearly, but can never remember it when I awake. There is also a male voice who sometimes speaks, almost poetry like, in a very posh voice in the background whilst this is going on...all very strange..in addition to this I can hear what sounds like an old fashioned radio being tuned in at times with many people speaking over each other or calling out...

Weird thing is, I actually look forward to these events now as it all seems so surreal and its like being given a free ticket into the unknown..I know I cant get hurt for real, even though I do feel the scratches etc in the dream state, so its kind of addictive...

When I wake up, usually my heart is pounding and I actually get strange" jolt" like feelings (no pain) for a few minutes afterwards...

Can anyone give me any clue as to what's occurring??!!

For info, I'm not a drug user or big drinker and have no medical issues that I'm aware of..

goldenrose

Re: Answers needed re: presence during sleep

Postby goldenrose » 28 Jun 2017 02:28

I really wish I knew what was going on, this sounds very interesting.

The only thing I can compare to this is my first experience with astral projection (or "attempting" to, anyway, could have just been a very odd "dream"). I couldn't see, but there were these hands tugging at me from all directions! One thing hugged me close and tried to drag me off, a hand clasped around my ankle and was pulling in the other direction...

Hard to say if what you're experiencing is a dream or not. Are you in control during these times? I do wish I could help you more, but I'm kind of a novice. Have you looked up sleep paralysis and such? That might be helpful.

I do hope you figure it out. :)
Darkness is always held up by the light.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 13 Jul 2017 18:16

This is sleep paralysis. There is nothing paranormal about it, it is just you being between waking and dreaming. Your mind will play tricks on you as you are slowly falling into a dream. I used to fall directly into SP when I was little when I would watch the TV, and it led me to believe the TV's reception had gone out, when really, my mind was playing tricks on me leading me to believe the reception had gone out.
Also, even before you fall into SP, sometimes you might see dream imagery or feel presence right next to you, this is your mind attempting to phase directly into a dream, or what many users attempt as a technique called the WILD technique. I have a character I am friends with who will sometimes appear right before I enter a WILD, and I have trained him to appear during the phase stage right before I enter a WILD. What you should do when you enter the phase stage the next time is tell yourself you are about to enter a dream, tell yourself over and over you are about to enter a dream, and practice different ways to keep aware of your dreams.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 14 Jul 2017 01:17

It sounds to me like you are having sleep paralysis experiences, during which you are both awake and asleep at the same time.

Over the years, during the transition between sleep and wakefulness, I have felt like my body was paralyzed but I was dreaming/awake.

Also, several times I've had an intense feeling that there was a dark, threatening demon at my bedside, pushing down on the mattress and growling in my ear. At first, I was very freaked out until I finally woke up.

Later on, when this experience recurred, I tried to calm down by concentrating on breathing in a regular manner, and I imaged being surrounded by a warm protective white or golden light. I felt curious about this spooky character and excited that I was encountering a mythological version of a demon. When this happened, about a year or so ago, I mentally called out to the sinister presence, "I love you!". He instantly disappeared, and I woke up laughing.

I recommend the following website -
- dreamstudies.org - Dream Studies Portal
Ryan Hurd is website host.
- Click Tab - "Sleep paralysis - about 20 interesting articles about sleep paralysis.
See especially - "9 Ways to wake up from sleep paralysis"

- Also search -
- Podcast - Dark Sun Rising - darksunrising radio.com - Ryan Hurd interview by Erick B.
Working with entities in sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming - 61:16 min.

First 2:15 min. is paranormal radio theme chant - "Archangel - Dark angel". Then the host talks about Steven King and Stanley Kubrick for a few minutes.
Interview with Ryan Hurd begins at 6:30 min.
At 21:00 min., Ryan talks more specifically about interacting with sleep paralysis apparitions.

Excerpt -
"If you can manage to have more curiosity than fear, a wider spectrum opens up for interaction with the entity or unknown factor."

Return to “Paranormal Activity”