Mutual Dreaming

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
cdey95

Mutual Dreaming

Postby cdey95 » 13 Sep 2017 15:10

I stumbled upon this forum after having recently (last night) experienced this exact phenomena (mutual dreaming) with a friend of mine. An out-of-body experience is probably the most accurate way to describe it. I lucid dream quite often, and for the most part unintentionally, but this felt totally different. Almost like it was total reality. It freaked me out immediately when i arrived in this "dream state" if you will. I immediately see a labrynth of stairs and start walking up towards them and going up the stairs. I run in to a close friend of mine (who I hung out with the same night I had this dream), and he was with a girl and a drink in his hand. I walk up to him and ask him if this is real/where I am? He responds to me saying that this is real, we are at a party, and that i need to walk down that hallway and go grab a drink. I'm totally befuddled at this point and proceed to walk down this weird hallway. Totally freaked out by this whole experience, I wake myself up and enter another lucid dream where from there I completely wake up in my bed. After I woke up I had a strange feeling wash over, almost like an anxiety attack which i've never had before. TOTAL INCEPTION STATUS I SHIT YOU NOT!! I texted my friend immediately this morning and asked him questions about whether or not I was in his dream or if he remembers being with a girl at a party/house? He is totally freaked out at this point as well and we talk about the dream that we both simultaneously had to the exact detail. The reason i'm writing this is because this phenomena that has happened not once but several times now with the exact same person and is totally strange and intriguing to me. I read another article before I wrote this and am extremely interested in this process and would like to know more and how to control/advance this process. I'm not sure if anyone will actually read this but figured i would throw it out there and see if other people have experienced this and exactly what it means

Thanks!

lucidé

Re: Mutual Dreaming

Postby lucidé » 13 Sep 2017 16:07

While I don't think dream meeting is possible, you probably ended up dream meshing with him. It's improbable, but it isn't impossible.

I've had several experiences with dream meshing myself, where I not only have similar dream symbols with friends before, we've ended up seeing each other at the same time and places very often accurate to that of that of real life. Also several times at least, my friends and I have successfully pulled off dream spying, or seeing accurate objects or events to that of real life. While like dream meshing, dream spying is improbable, it is not impossible, and both could possibly happen.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

goldenrose

Postby goldenrose » 23 Sep 2017 05:46

You say the two of you described the same dream to the exact details. Does this mean the same events happened as well?

There is dream meshing, yes, but I do believe mutual is possible. It's a bit different. I've done it from time to time with someone very dear to me. When this happens, the events, location, and even dream characters spotted are the same (keep in mind, people and places we've never seen before), even though we do have different perspectives from doing different things in the dream.

I'm going to be honest and say I don't know how to progress this, and have no clue what it means. I don't know why or how this happens; for me, it's only happened with this one person. I've tried to trigger it, but it seems to happen at random. I assume it requires a strong bond with the person you are seeing. It would be a lot easier to dream mesh; there are many articles on that subject online. As far as actually meeting goes, it's quite a mystery, one I've been looking into a great deal with nothing to show for. Perhaps practicing lucid dreaming or learning how to induce OBEs (there's a lot of gray area about the difference between OBEs and lucid dreaming) would help further your search.
Darkness is always held up by the light.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 24 Sep 2017 16:53

goldenrose wrote:There is dream meshing, yes, but I do believe mutual is possible. It's a bit different. I've done it from time to time with someone very dear to me. When this happens, the events, location, and even dream characters spotted are the same (keep in mind, people and places we've never seen before), even though we do have different perspectives from doing different things in the dream.

I've had the experience during the time I've used "dream meshing" where the events, locations, and even dream characters have been exactly the same, and my friends and I have even had incidents of dream spying (where I and my friends have seen real life events, faraway place, or object that were really happening at the same time) and exchanged passwords when I had experiences of it with my friends before. My lucid dreaming friends and I could even tell the exact time of real life. We ended up flying to different locations in our lucid dreams that were completely accurate to that of real life (we had a very high memory, although there was sometimes a bit of dream spying). Even if we were "dream spying", the superpowers we had during our lucid dreams, such as flying, superspeed, intangibility, auto-cloning ourselves right before the WILD, and intangibility were enough to be reality checks, and we have even seen the other's reality checks through each others' lucid dreams.
Despite that it could be called the same, I am very sure no 2 lucid dreamers can have the same lucid dream. There actually exists a rare occurrence but it's very bad when it happens. When 2 companies create exactly the same design idea at the same time. Now the ideas are exactly the same, they work in exactly the same way. If you talk to some people, they'll tell you the companies created exactly the same thing. But if you talk to true fans/geeks, they will tell you there are true visual designer differences between the 2 products, and that they work slightly differently from the other product. This is how I believe a successful dream meshing works. All ideas, concepts, and everything can match, but design wise and from an artist's perspective, they will never be the same.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

goldenrose

Postby goldenrose » 24 Sep 2017 17:14

lucidé wrote: All ideas, concepts, and everything can match, but design wise and from an artist's perspective, they will never be the same.

Quite the interesting concept, no matter how you perceive it. Mostly interesting when the two people involved in it didn't try to make it happen, right down to people they both knew nothing about. I wonder what causes this to happen? Rhetorically speaking.

I suppose anything outside of dream meshing would have to fall more into a spiritual concept, and is probably of a dangerous nature as a result. But yes, your analogy makes the most sense. Always something a little different to prove a separation of psyches.
Darkness is always held up by the light.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 25 Sep 2017 06:17

goldenrose wrote:
lucidé wrote: All ideas, concepts, and everything can match, but design wise and from an artist's perspective, they will never be the same.

Quite the interesting concept, no matter how you perceive it. Mostly interesting when the two people involved in it didn't try to make it happen, right down to people they both knew nothing about. I wonder what causes this to happen? Rhetorically speaking.

My guess is most often it's the law of probability that allows it to happen. It would be like if 2 friends were to buy a mega lottery ticket and win (which of course is going to cause some very negative relationship results between the 2 friends). If low probability events such as 2 ideas clashing didn't happen on very rare occasions, there'd be something wrong with our world.

I suppose anything outside of dream meshing would have to fall more into a spiritual concept, and is probably of a dangerous nature as a result. But yes, your analogy makes the most sense. Always something a little different to prove a separation of psyches.

Except that part of the time, my dream meshing with my lucid dream friends has very low odds of being pulled off (I'd say lottery low), yet I seemed to be able to pull it off anyway.

As far as dream meshing being dangerous? I do face one problem when I have had those particular lucid dreams of dream meshing: unawareness of real life. I cannot hear anything in the room I have induced the WILD in unless I happen to be in the same room in that WILD, and I cannot feel anything painful/physical that happens to me in real life while in this lucid dream. Also I am only able to dream mesh in very specific lucid dreams. The reasons why the dream meshing means so much is because my friend was freed from his mental disability, and my friends and I got to see in our lucid dreams while meshing what it was like to see my friend without his disability. I don't have my afflictions in this type of lucid dream either, so I was able to learn and function much faster than usual. There wasn't anything terribly dangerous happening to my friends or I.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”