Trance during a power nap

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.

Trance during a power nap

Postby blackbird » 19 Feb 2013 16:14

I'm planning to take a 10min power nap at work, as quite often when I feel tired in the afternoon.

At 15:09, I'm sitting with my arms crossed over my knees, and my head on the topmost arm. I quickly feel myself falling to sleep. These power naps are quite amazing in the sense that I can enter a trance with very little relaxation effort. Yet I feel that relaxation is blocked by some muscles in my back which are not relaxing. The sensation that something is "blocking" is confirmed by the fact that relaxing my back muscles triggers a small moment of pain.

At this point, I'm in a trance. I wish my head to lift up, and my forehead disconnects from the arm it is resting on. The sensation of disconnection is totally clear: my head was lying full weight on my arm, and the moment I lifted it, the physical connection with the arm disappeared.

I continue to lift my head up, to a height of maybe 1m, then I hear a sharp sound similar to an exploding balloon. This sudden sound makes me even more conscious, and I grasp that I'm in the best trance state I've ever experienced: fully conscious, while at the same time my body is completely asleep. I decide to wake up, probably because I fear I've lost track of time, and in 1 or 2 seconds I'm awake, feeling refreshed. It's 15:16.

The OBE may be more than a lucid dream after all ;)

Re: Trance during a power nap

Postby Plasticman » 25 Mar 2013 14:40

I've just had a very similar power nap, including the feeling of trance, the completely refreshed feeling. Also had the impression I dreamed for hours while in fact only 11 minutes had passed. During my little nap I heard radio static in waves. Like "on/off, on/off". This was a bit annoying so I dreamed I went to my alarm clock to turn it off (of course it was off). I became very aware of my surroundings all of a sudden. I heard a seagull and at the very same moment I pictured it flying over my roof. Then I heard a plane in the sky and tried to focus on it. Suddenly there was a loud tweeting sound that kept getting louder until I jumped up.

These kind of naps happen to me quite often and I admit they are intriguing, but I'd suggest you look up Exploding head syndrome, that might explain some details.

Postby blackbird » 25 Mar 2013 18:30

Thanks for the feedback Plasticman, I didn't know that sound was called Exploding Head Syndrome, it's good to know.

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Mar 2013 07:43

A long time ago when I had post natal depression (PND).. I experience while competely awake during the day and doing things.. what I see is called "exploding head syndrome". It was right at that point that I lost contact with normal waking reality and entered a near psychotic state due to the PND (I went to jump off a bridge with the baby in my arms). So think that head explosion thing signifies a mental shift, a disconnection from our normal reality rather then anything to do with sleep hallunciation being the cause of it. Its thou commonly being experienced in sleep thou as that is when people do shift realities.

thanks plasticman.. till now I didnt know the name of it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Postby Peter » 26 Mar 2013 20:20

I had about 2 or 3 of the big bangs in the head a lot of years ago and I say it was a forced rewiring of some internal circuits. It would have been 15 years since it has happened and thousands of lucid dreams, obe and so on
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Postby oliverclay » 26 Jun 2013 12:56

blackbird wrote:Thanks for the feedback Plasticman, I didn't know that sound was called Exploding Head Syndrome, it's good to know.

Does it really a name for this technique.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”