Haunted by dreams of victim's mom, man confesses to murder

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
lucidinthe sky

Haunted by dreams of victim's mom, man confesses to murder

Postby lucidinthe sky » 04 Apr 2013 05:01

Here's part of the article from NBC news:

Steven Goff on Monday confessed to police that he stabbed 15-year-old Frederick Hart on May 7, 1990 in Galloway, N. J., according to the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office.

The boy's body was not found until December of 1991, and was so badly decomposed that it was unclear what the cause of death was.

In a phone interview from jail with Atlantic City' NBC40.net, Goff said he made the admission because the memory made life "a living hell."

"I wasn't worried about getting caught. I had no chance of getting caught from this crime, whatsoever. I was away scot–free but you know, that doesn't mean that it was away in my mind," he said.

But it may have been more than just guilt.

Alan Rickel, a friend close to Goff, told the Associated Press that the confessed killer would be haunted by a vision of the dead boy's mother.

"He couldn't bear it anymore," Rickel told The Associated Press. "He told me he had nightmares. He'd go to sleep and see the kid's mother staring in his face."
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Re: Haunted by dreams of victim's mom, man confesses to murd

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Apr 2013 11:58

That may of been caused by his own thoughts, maybe he was subconsciously or consciously actually feeling guilty.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 04 Apr 2013 15:16

He had basically gotten away with the crime. After 23 years of guilt that made his life a "living hell" as he says, he finally turned himself in.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 04 Apr 2013 16:02

Is the mother of the boy still alive? Was he seeing her as alive or as a spirit? I once heard a story similar to this one.I can't remember exactly,it was a while back,but a man had killed a child and the childs deceased parent continued to haunt this man until he confessed to the crime.He actually said that in an interview.I believe it can be true..in cases like that,I believe that the spirits may want justice for the children when they have been murdered.Just my opinion but I do believe it is possible.Once they have taken a life and have no regrets in doing so maybe they have no protection from these entities....it's one of those things we can never really know for sure.But that's an interesting post to say the least.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 04 Apr 2013 16:23

I'm not sure whether his mom is alive or dead, but I wonder also if this is possible that it was really his mother. One idea is that when spirits become "restless" they try to resolve whatever issue it is that is troubling them. I think that once we leave this life, we have to let go of everything in it. Some will find this difficult for sure, escpecially ones who have had such big injuries such as losing a child to a murder. So I think it may be possible that it is really his mom. At this point, I am of the opinion that it would require both the murderer and the mother togther to create a dream where it is real. I have had dreams of departed people and always wonder whether it was them.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”