Life after death?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Daluthe

Re: Life after death?

Postby Daluthe » 01 May 2011 11:08

Jonathan wrote: I don't think dogs ever wonder if there's an afterlife. They just live in the present, wagging their tails and trying to have fun. :D

And this is how one should be, in the present or "now". Because past no longer exists, and future is yet to exist. Only the Now Exists.

To the topic. What do I believe? Depends how I look at the question! I would say there is no "life" after you pass on/transition (I think its better seeing it as a transition instead of death, but this only works if you believe in something after "death"). I see it as only pure consciousness and energies, and these two together can be seen as a "soul" etc. No matter how you word it, its all the same thing.

Beyond the stage just after the transition, to explain the many options and reason, is too vast. The question at hand in a more simple answer: Yes I do.

I take note of the Universal Box. Once you stop looking at just one hole at one end of the box, and start looking through many holes, the personal question of what comes next seems clear to the individual.

Ilaezha

Postby Ilaezha » 01 May 2011 15:35

Two books I've found to answer a lot of life questions like "Why are we here?" are answered in the books Journey of Souls and Many Lives, Many Masters. I definitely believe in reincarnation and life after death, and that we are all here to learn some lesson, and we keep being reincarnated till we've learned all we need to learn.

Donna

Postby Donna » 02 May 2011 09:30

Yes, I've read those. They're very interesting. I've also had a couple of spontaneous dreams that appear to be glimpses of two of my past lives: one as an Italian woman; one as a German boy. They have a thick, slow quality and even though the person in them looks different, I know they're "me".

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 03 May 2011 13:03

Here's a philosophical thought test you can take to see if you really do believe in a "soul" or non-physical consciousness that outlives the physical body.

Imagine scientists have invented a teleporter and you can travel to the other side of the world in an instant, if you want to. The only catch is - when you step inside, your entire physical body is scanned, broken down into atoms, transmitted as a stream of invisible particles, and re-created at the other end. Presumably, your "soul", being non-physical, will not have made the jump. But your personality, memories, thoughts, etc are all intact because they are stored in your neurons in your brain.

So, assuming it's tried and tested and 100% safe (and free!), would you use the technology?

Daluthe

Postby Daluthe » 04 May 2011 07:18

I remember that as well Rebecca, but I forget where... In other words, the one that comes out is you, but not you.

To be honest, I really could not answer the question. Yes and also a strong no. But thinking about it, what would there be to fear then, if your body zipped off without you? You would not have vanished into non existence then I suppose. So then, I could say yes, and not worry at all. If anything could it mean an easy way out? A way to avoid a painful death to escape?

So... At first the ego is afraid to loose its body, its identity. But looking past all the meaningless fears, knowing it would be fine anyway if you did not come out the other end with your body... Then you realize, you have nothing to loose.

Few areas I remember this being told: "Mind pulls the body around, body dose not pull the mind around"

Also "mind over matter"...

So what would come out the other end? Some type of functional husk? Personality, memories, thoughts, etc are all intact because they are stored in your neurons in your brain. But what about emotions? Setting aside chemical reactions, end answer depends on the idea that, there is more to it then just chemical reactions?

Ah it can be expanded on a lot, depending :D . But to the solid answer to the question, yes I would jump on in ^.=.^!

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 04 May 2011 07:42

Rebecca wrote:So, assuming it's tried and tested and 100% safe (and free!), would you use the technology?

Interesting idea! I would say yes, but only with the presumption that my "soul" would make the jump as well. I guess I believe that anywhere my body can go, my soul will go with it.

Wolvendeer

Postby Wolvendeer » 04 May 2011 17:15

I would say that, while I hope there is an afterlife (depending on the scenario), I don't necessarily believe in one and won't until I personally experience something that will allow me to place my belief on something other than blind faith.

In Rebecca's scenario, I think not only would I go through one, I would set one up between my apartment and my cube at work. :D

PaulG

Postby PaulG » 06 May 2011 20:10

Personally, I think we having nothing to lose in believing there is life after death. If there is, then you could say we are prepared for it in some ways. But if there isn't anything, then you will never realize your mistake. That's how I look at it. Apparently, those over at The Monroe Institute know "for certain" that life exists after death based on their many years of research into expanded awareness and altered states of consciousness. They claim we go to a place called The Reception Center, which they term as Focus 27 and the purpose of this place is to ease the trauma from the separation of physical life. I have always been intrigued by the way they term different levels of consciousness in Focus levels and an overview can found here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_level

My mom nearly died about forty years ago and had an interesting experience, which I will share here. She was admitted to hospital with suspected appendicitis. In those days the hospitals were not like they are now and the hospital where my mom went was only a small one, not like the larger ones today. On the first day there, sometime around early evening, her appendix burst and quickly turned to peritonitis which is fatal in most instances if not treated quickly. Unfortunately the only doctor around at the time had just left the hospital about 10 minutes previous to go home. However, by sheer chance (or luck) he had left some papers behind and went back to retrieve them. When he was made aware of my moms situation, he immediately became aware of what the problem was and had my mom rushed to surgery where he performed the emergency operation. During the operation my mom says she floated out of her body and could see them performing the operation. For some reason she then had an overwhelming feeling to say goodbye to "herself" on the operating table, which she did, and then "left" the scene. She then started walking down a very long straight road and walked for what appeared to be a very long distance for quite a long time. One thing that makes me smile, and this is a nature of how my mom is sometimes, she said it went on for bl**dy miles. After some time she then became aware of somebody standing in the middle of the road. Upon approaching the figure, the person looked ay my mom and told her to go back, as this was not her time. She turned around and began walking back down the road and that's the last she remembers. In another twist, a few years ago we watched a program called James Van Praagh's Beyond and in one shows opening title sequences there is a very short video of a very long road with what appears to be very tall pine trees either side and as soon as my mom saw that she said it was the exact same road she walk down many years ago. I am aware that these feelings are common when the body goes into extreme shock. Maybe this is the body's way of dealing with the shock and is not real, but then again maybe it's a glimpse of what comes to us all eventually. Personally, I believe the latter.

Some time ago, a team of professional remote viewers (some of whom were trained by previous members of the U.S. Military's Stargate remote viewing program) did a lot of remote viewing sessions on what happened to certain famous people when they died. They made a short video about this which can be viewed here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfD8qLA_aQo

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 06 May 2011 20:24

Fascinating, Paul. Thanks for sharing that story.

Derpybunneh

Postby Derpybunneh » 17 Sep 2014 00:38

There is life after death. When we die our spirits (its like a ghost inside of us) are separated from our body which is left on earth. Our spirits go to a place called Spirit World (or possibly Spirit Prison) where we wait for our body to be reunited with our spirits.
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

Return to “Paranormal Activity”