Physical Damage

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Blank Canvas

Physical Damage

Postby Blank Canvas » 17 Apr 2013 20:26

One of the realest dreams iv ever had, stood in front of a dark dingy black abandoned building lyk an old mental asylum or some thing, staircase at the front centre, spotted a figure in the top window coming down, i cant move, its gettin closer to the bottom where the main doors are and just as i saw it in the door windows it appeared right nxt to me and viciously attacked me.. i had to fight my way out of the dream, got up feeling traumatized looked in the mirror and my eye was bloodshot, the only time iv had a bloodshot eye that looked this way was when i had been violently attacked by 5 men.. can you be physically affected by dreams?

taniaaust1

Re: Physical Damage

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Apr 2013 01:35

Yes its possible. Ive been hurt by a dream too. I dreamed I was in a fight and someone slashed down my arm with a sword. I woke up next morning and I had single long mark going down my arm where I'd been slashed in my dream. My lower arm where the sword had slashed me in my dream actually ended up swelling and my whole lower arm (not just where the mark was but very obviously swollen arm) was then swollen for days. (this is fortunately the only time Ive been physically hurt via a dream).

The name for this phenomenon is known in occultic circles (its mentioned in some of the more advanced occultic books) as repercussion. This is when the mind actually affects the physical body.. this doesnt mean at all that the beings in the dream were real, thou they could of been.. it could of been an OBE but may not have been. The power of the mind itself and the believe you were hurt is enough to cause this kind of situation to happen in some just due to your negative thoughts.

This same phenomenon is also how with hypnosis some have been able to cause cigarette like burns on another by just placing a pen against their skin while telling the hypnotised person its a cigarette. Occultics beleive this is how Stigmata wounds (the wounds of christ) have appeared on people through out history too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stigmata. The power of the mind does have capacity to impact the physical body.

Take care.. Ive found that those of us who can subconsciously cause such things with our thoughts..can be quite powerful manifestors of other things too.. so watch your negative thoughts. (they can impact not just on you but on others and other things too).

ps people can also be attack by non physical entities while asleep which can also leave marks (this isnt actually all that uncommon..over the years Ive met many this has happened too). In your case.. Ive not a clue if your own mind caused your marks or if the beings attacked you were actually real.

Ive been trying to think of a source to give you so you can see something written about this for yourself (and not just coming from me). I think Dion Fortune may of mentioned that too in his/her book (I know he/she has had a lot of strange experiences like myself so really knows what she is speaking about) http://www.tarotinstitute.com/free/psychic.pdf
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 10 Jul 2013 13:15

Blank Canvas wrote:One of the realest dreams iv ever had, stood in front of a dark dingy black abandoned building lyk an old mental asylum or some thing, staircase at the front centre, spotted a figure in the top window coming down, i cant move, its gettin closer to the bottom where the main doors are and just as i saw it in the door windows it appeared right nxt to me and viciously attacked me.. i had to fight my way out of the dream, got up feeling traumatized looked in the mirror and my eye was bloodshot, the only time iv had a bloodshot eye that looked this way was when i had been violently attacked by 5 men.. can you be physically affected by dreams?

Seems like the dreams are effecting your life.

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 21 Jul 2013 20:29

Worse I got during the dreams was a punch in the gut. I was still able to feel it long after I woke up. I also nearly drowned once in my dream and woke up like I just hit the surface of the water for fresh air. Nothing was covering my face or anything like that.

casey

Postby casey » 27 Jul 2013 05:35

Once in a nightmare i was cut multiple times and each cut felt as real and painful as being cut in real life. I finally woke up after a deep cut to the thigh that made me scream with pain. But when i woke there was no physical damage. I dont believe in most of that paranormal shit but maybe you just popped a blood vessel.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

mikeg313

Postby mikeg313 » 27 Jul 2013 05:56

I think i wrote this before, but a friend fancied a girl.( Usual story). So i tried to enter her dream and convince her to ask my friend out ,within her dream like inception,but before i could get to her a guy beat me up. When i woke up all my core muscles were in pain, no bruises were visible but the pain caused me to miss college.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”