Creepy Monster when I'm awake!?

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
natcrew

Creepy Monster when I'm awake!?

Postby natcrew » 16 Aug 2012 09:44

I don't know if I put this topic in the right place on this forum, so sorry if i did :s

Anyway, last night I was having a non-lucid dream, which I couldn't remember at all. Anyway, I woke up with a start due to something in the dream, not something scary though. The moment I woke up, I sat up and scanned my eyes around the room to see how dark it was.

But at my doorway, I saw standing a tall dark human like figure with long sharp fingers that curled down, it stared at me for a second.
Instantly I hid under my covers, as one does. xD
I'm 100% sure it wasn't a family member or anything, and I know I was awake.
Was it just my mind playing tricks on me because i'd only just woken up?

Peter

Re: Creepy Monster when I'm awake!?

Postby Peter » 16 Aug 2012 09:53

If it wasn't a FA then most likely you were not fully awake and some elements of the dreamworld appeared. I used to get this a lot just as I woke up, I would see people and they would fade in an instant.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 16 Aug 2012 23:48

Yes, it was most likely a hypnopompic hallucination
Dreaming is my drug

casey

Postby casey » 17 Aug 2012 02:22

Ive had something similar happen to me. I would wake up and see a controller on my bed but when i reached for it my hand would go through it. And sometimes ive seen my shirts floating in mid air then it would disappear.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 19 Sep 2012 01:22

Natchrew Hypnagogia and dreams happen in slower brainwave states, when one wakes up occasionally ones brain does not speed up fast enough and one has a waking hypnopomic image or dream, this is most likely what you experienced.

Alternately you saw a real shadow person, people take photos of them all the time and see them all the time. Learn more here http://home.comcast.net/~shadowpeopleorg/shadowpeople.html
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”