My first intentional Lucid Dream!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
kanaloa

My first intentional Lucid Dream!

Postby kanaloa » 15 Aug 2012 16:02

I have been doing the WILD technique for the last few days. It feels better than other methods. I also feel that I'm more apt to carry my intent on the border between awakedness and sleep. So from this I had a few dreams about wanting to lucid dream. It was as if there was the dream, but there was an invisible stream of conscious thought throught it also.
Last night, I got off work late at 130 am and was dead tired, and was bearly able to go about the WILD technique.
So I had some short dreams which eventually led me down into some pit or cavern. Eventually, I wanted to climb out. There were these large bricks that were somewhat jutting out of the wall. I began to climb a few stories up when I began to fear falling and I knew I could not make it all the way, there were few grips at this point. So in a matter-of-factly manner, I told myself that I could just jump down, because this was a dream and wasn't real. So I did and ended up floating on my feet. It was then that I realized that I was dreaming. I felt that my sleeping body was still tired so I wasn't pulled by extreme excitement intially.
I floated down to a living room like environment. I looked at myself in a mirror to see if things were stable, and my face was morphing like in an acid trip. I next began to fly around this living room doing flips and hitting an invisible ground like a trampoline. I saw cheezy glass trinkets all over the place.
For some reason during the dream I dropped the question: "What do I need to know for my future?" but I didn't wait for any answer to come.
Just then my lucidity became weaker and I was in the half sleep/awake state and woke in a few minutes.
My next dreams were very vivid when I went back to sleep.
http://theinnerroad.blogspot.com/

alteredstates

Re: My first intentional Lucid Dream!

Postby alteredstates » 15 Aug 2012 20:14

kanaloa wrote:I have been doing the WILD technique for the last few days. It feels better than other methods. I also feel that I'm more apt to carry my intent on the border between awakedness and sleep. So from this I had a few dreams about wanting to lucid dream. It was as if there was the dream, but there was an invisible stream of conscious thought throught it also.
Last night, I got off work late at 130 am and was dead tired, and was bearly able to go about the WILD technique.
So I had some short dreams which eventually led me down into some pit or cavern. Eventually, I wanted to climb out. There were these large bricks that were somewhat jutting out of the wall. I began to climb a few stories up when I began to fear falling and I knew I could not make it all the way, there were few grips at this point. So in a matter-of-factly manner, I told myself that I could just jump down, because this was a dream and wasn't real. So I did and ended up floating on my feet. It was then that I realized that I was dreaming. I felt that my sleeping body was still tired so I wasn't pulled by extreme excitement intially.
I floated down to a living room like environment. I looked at myself in a mirror to see if things were stable, and my face was morphing like in an acid trip. I next began to fly around this living room doing flips and hitting an invisible ground like a trampoline. I saw cheezy glass trinkets all over the place.
For some reason during the dream I dropped the question: "What do I need to know for my future?" but I didn't wait for any answer to come.
Just then my lucidity became weaker and I was in the half sleep/awake state and woke in a few minutes.
My next dreams were very vivid when I went back to sleep.

It sounds like your intent to lucid dream so badly carried on into the dream reality and it helps in the awake mind and asleep body state the most cos thats the best one for WILD! Its also nice to recognized the bizarreness and became lucid. It's a bit hard to master though..the WILD i mean. I found that the day i had the waking sleep paralysis i probably balanced everything right-
-amount of sleep
-technique
-self affirmation "body asleep mind awake"
-sleeping position
But i didn't lay still enough to get past the hypnagogia and i think imagining dreamscape is hard too. Takes lot of practise but it must be fun!. Main problem with me is keeping still in one position! I keep moving after a while. Do you have that difficulty and does it affect you?I'm very methodical and i like to follow a process. I think maybe it also has to do with the fact that you were really tired which does help but its also very easy to fall asleep. Most beginners like me have that problem.

I've always wanted to be more flexible and take that opportunity to do flips, cartwheels, splits etc in a lucid dream just to make myself happy haha. And its great when you asked that question..It would have been nice to get an answer. Maybe next time try and see what answer you get. I believe in the subconscious mind :P would be nice to see how the response would come! I posted something on here about trying to achieve something in my lucid dream-confronting a dream character that appears regularly and asking a question and it always ended with me having spontaneous lucid dream blindness for whatever reason :( when i asked a question another time i had an instantaneous LD everything went dark and i heard hip hop/r&b music in background (tupac and ja rule LOL) I had to get myself out of that state by breathing and smiling..I didn't got an answer for it though hmm...and no-one has replied yet so will wait and see?

Also when you feel a dream is about the end you can stare at the ground- this has helped me to stay lucid. I hear rubbing your hands together also helps and spinning but i never tried spinning yet.
Its been a while since i had lucid dreams because i've been experimenting with different methods to see what works and what doesn't. I only learnt about it last month haha can you believe and i've had 7 so far..I miss lucid dreaming and the best one so far were my 2nd one (WBTB technique) and another one where i had 5 false awakenings (i was using Nicholas Newport lucid dream timer technique) I switched to this new method now where i go to sleep, wake up at 3am,. stay up for half an hour doing stretches and exercises to help with relaxation, then retiring to bed, using STOP DROP -tense and untense muscles, count then ROLL(if necessary.) My overall end goal is to achieve astral projection through that, but WILD would also be great for getting more experience. Guess i need to keep practising and not give up the method and doing self affirmations.
I think i may stick with this method...hmmm :mrgreen: Yup my sleep patterns got messed up but I'm lucky because unlike you am home on holidays and don't have to many work hours so can afford to spend all this time doing this because when i go back to uni in october i won't be able to fool around with my sleep. However you can use the tiredness to your advantage if you can keep "hovering" and carrying your intent to LD to sleep it'll happen. It seems you're also good at recognizing unusual things in dreams. Lucid dreams and achieving altered states of consciousness is amazing for me and makes me soo happy and energetic in the day cos of that feeling of accomplishment you get. More so its fun! I don;t know about you.. :)

kanaloa

Postby kanaloa » 15 Aug 2012 22:50

Thanks for replying.
I talked to my partner at work last night and it turns out that she has lucid dreamed for years. She talked about how differet methods work for different people. It really doesn't work for me to try to imagine a dream. So I like it in WILD where you intentionally surrender to the state that is already occuring, while focusing on your intention and the body, all at once.

I have a very particular interest in lucid dreaming as a means off inner exploration of the sub/unconscious directly for inner work/integration. I feel that instead of making the dreaming world a playground, I want to interact with and inquire into everything. For years psychoanalysts have attempted to get at the unconscious through ad hoc interpretations of dreams, but now we can interact with that process directly! The untapped potential is immense.

alteredstates

Postby alteredstates » 16 Aug 2012 07:16

yup you';re welcome. So your partner was having lucid dreams all this time? haha..well what d'you know. :mrgreen: The spiritual aspect and opportunity to develop myself - thats also what got me into exploring lucid dream in the first place. Am very spiritual and hate my life circumstances atm so in a way lucid dreams, OBEs.etc they help me to "escape" for a while and i keep wishing i could use a magic wand to help me have them everyday but i guess its not that easy 8-) . Some people just do it for the sex..which is stupid for me because there's so much more unlimited benefits you can gain from astral projection, lucid dreams and ObEs such as accessing answers to questions, possibly finding who your soulmate is, [enhance psychic abilities/ change your reality (Robert peterson- out of body experiences book) confront characters esp if you have nightmares a lot, doing things that you've always wanted to do in waking life but couldn't or always wanted to because in the dream world which is also astral you can do anything you want! And you can fly, you can become famous, and it seems from some posts on here you can even access previous lives and even confront aspects of yourself, and not to mention expand your consciousness.Its annoying that i didn't know about all these things sooner..i wouldn't have wasted so many years in religion i could have been spiritual and advanced myself by now and maybe even be able to deal with issues i've been struggling with for ages but oh well better now than never..I've been practising every night now since i discovered this and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, and as for sleep paralysis i'm still attempting to achieve the state i got 3 days ago... :? but these things are tricky it seems..being the methodical person i am and liking to stick to something and following the same routine till i find more "cheats" (unless i tweak it a bit that is ) it can get discouraging when things don't go as plan but guess i need to keep going,..thats what brought me this far in the first place!

kanaloa

Postby kanaloa » 16 Aug 2012 14:25

Well it seems that some people who've been at it for years can only expect half a dozen or so per month. So I'm learning not to expect it nightly.
I'm taking everything with a grain of salt in the dream world right now. I'm into very pragmatic spiritual approaches such as Gurdjieff's 4th Way and The Diamond Approach of A.H. Almaas. It's all about psychological methods of inner work. Neither of these talk about lucid dreaming. Almaas's approach uses psychoanalytic understanding and thus integrates some dreamwork to understand the unconscious. Well, how much more effective would it be by lucid dreaming is what I wonder?

alteredstates

Postby alteredstates » 26 Aug 2012 15:19

kanaloa wrote:Well it seems that some people who've been at it for years can only expect half a dozen or so per month. So I'm learning not to expect it nightly.
I'm taking everything with a grain of salt in the dream world right now. I'm into very pragmatic spiritual approaches such as Gurdjieff's 4th Way and The Diamond Approach of A.H. Almaas. It's all about psychological methods of inner work. Neither of these talk about lucid dreaming. Almaas's approach uses psychoanalytic understanding and thus integrates some dreamwork to understand the unconscious. Well, how much more effective would it be by lucid dreaming is what I wonder?

I guess it's your mind and only you can really explore it and see what works!!! I just pretty much mostly go with my intuition and inner voice and if something resonates with me i'll read it or i'll ask about it or attempt it.

Return to “For Beginners”