Creepy Monster when I'm awake!?

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.

Creepy Monster when I'm awake!?

Postby natcrew » 16 Aug 2012 09:44

I don't know if I put this topic in the right place on this forum, so sorry if i did :s

Anyway, last night I was having a non-lucid dream, which I couldn't remember at all. Anyway, I woke up with a start due to something in the dream, not something scary though. The moment I woke up, I sat up and scanned my eyes around the room to see how dark it was.

But at my doorway, I saw standing a tall dark human like figure with long sharp fingers that curled down, it stared at me for a second.
Instantly I hid under my covers, as one does. xD
I'm 100% sure it wasn't a family member or anything, and I know I was awake.
Was it just my mind playing tricks on me because i'd only just woken up?

Re: Creepy Monster when I'm awake!?

Postby Peter » 16 Aug 2012 09:53

If it wasn't a FA then most likely you were not fully awake and some elements of the dreamworld appeared. I used to get this a lot just as I woke up, I would see people and they would fade in an instant.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Postby torakrubik » 16 Aug 2012 23:48

Yes, it was most likely a hypnopompic hallucination
Dreaming is my drug

Postby casey » 17 Aug 2012 02:22

Ive had something similar happen to me. I would wake up and see a controller on my bed but when i reached for it my hand would go through it. And sometimes ive seen my shirts floating in mid air then it would disappear.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Postby Snaggle » 19 Sep 2012 01:22

Natchrew Hypnagogia and dreams happen in slower brainwave states, when one wakes up occasionally ones brain does not speed up fast enough and one has a waking hypnopomic image or dream, this is most likely what you experienced.

Alternately you saw a real shadow person, people take photos of them all the time and see them all the time. Learn more here
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”