dream character question awnsered all wrong

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucid Dreamer

dream character question awnsered all wrong

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 19 Aug 2012 15:21

In my last lucid dream, other than last night, i asked a dc what they represented. they were chasing me and i was running away. i turned around and put my hand out and said "stop! what do you represent?" his response was, "your afraid of losing me. we will be best friends forever." then the scene changed showing us in a garage band and only me and him stayed friends afterwards, while the other band members didnt. this response made absolutely no sense! i am not in a band and the giant said that i was afraid of losing him. losing who? a giant that has no resemblance of anyone i know? can anyone explain this please?

thank you!
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

BtheDestroyer

Re: dream character question awnsered all wrong

Postby BtheDestroyer » 21 Aug 2012 02:04

In my last lucid dream, other than last night, i asked a dc what they represented. they were chasing me and i was running away. i turned around and put my hand out and said "stop! what do you represent?" his response was, "your afraid of losing me. we will be best friends forever." then the scene changed showing us in a garage band and only me and him stayed friends afterwards, while the other band members didnt. this response made absolutely no sense! i am not in a band and the giant said that i was afraid of losing him. losing who? a giant that has no resemblance of anyone i know? can anyone explain this please?

thank you!

I think that the reason that the DC said that, was because it was simply copying the memory of the video on the front page of www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com

if you watch it again, you will see what i mean.

however for what he DOES represent, i don't know.
try asking him again if you see him

• if he sais the same thing, either ask again or tell him you don't understand.
  • If he sais something different but you don't understand any relation, ask what he means

Hope this helps,
BtheDestroyer

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 25 Aug 2012 01:43

yes i watched that video and i thought it was odd that it just repeated what the video said. thanks for your advice! maybe because it was the first time i was asking a dream charecter it's purpose, my brain just thought of where i learned it. you know?

thanks!
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 27 Aug 2012 01:40

I think BtheDestroyer is right, the answer sounds meaningful but on reflection doesn't provide the actual sought after insight. So it probably was your conscious expectation filling in the gaps.

As you recognize this now (hindsight is great!) it will prime you for next time you're lucid and trying to access the awareness behind the dream. It means probing quite deeply and being fully self-aware when you ask the question so you can properly comprehend the answer and even create secondary questions.

This takes practice in a lucid state because your mind can slip, but if you make sure you fully enhance your lucidity next time before asking, you should be able to further probe any answer that doesn't make sense. Don't be disheartened by this experience though, it's a great start in becoming lucid, recalling that you can talk to your dream, and getting a response from it, even if it was likely pre-conditioned rather than spontaneous. Good luck next time!

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 27 Aug 2012 16:51

thank you rebecca and Bthedestroyer!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”