Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Peter

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Peter » 18 Aug 2012 08:37

On your side is fine and may be easier for you.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

scraperjb78

Postby scraperjb78 » 19 Aug 2012 07:16

Hi! I just wanted to share some of the few things I did to help me begin my lucid dreaming experience:

The first was when I recognized that I was having a false waking (which happens to me alot). I got tired of getting up and getting ready for work only to wake up again in real life. What a lame dream, getting ready for work. So once I thought I might be dreaming during a false awakening, I walked into the kitchen and threw my refrigerator across the living room.

I've had about 10 lucid dreams in the past 2 months and they all happen after I wake up in the morning and go back to sleep. Usually within 1-2 hours of originally waking. Now they all start the same way: I'm lying on the couch and I tell myself when I start lucid dreaming, I'm going to slowly get up off the couch and examine my apartment. I look outside, I pay attention to if it's light or dark outside and I'll look at my hands. Once I know I'm now in a lucid dream I either try to summon someone by opening the front door, or have a plan when I go outside. So far it has been a hot celebrity on the other side or I try to fly.

The important part to me is to take it slow. Take time to do very little things like make my shoes change color or pick up something heavy. When I go outside to fly I carefully walk down my 3 flights of stairs and feel my feet hitting the ground. I'm glad that I've learned when the best time for me to lucid dream is. If there is anybody that can help me stay lucid longer or if there are other cool things I could try please mention them. Thanks for reading!

Peter

Postby Peter » 19 Aug 2012 07:34

at what point are you losing lucidity?
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

scraperjb78

Postby scraperjb78 » 20 Aug 2012 01:13

It seems I start to lose lucidity when the sensations become overwhelming. Such as when I begin to fly I can feel myself being pulled to the ground because of gravity. Or that is what I'm imagining? That's why I'm trying to take control of my dreams slowly. I think the longest I've been in LD is 2 minutes.

Aldo98

Postby Aldo98 » 20 Aug 2012 06:48

Hi :D ummm i have a question about reality checks... Rebecca says that when you do one you should ask if you're dreaming and then get to a conclusion of why you are not dreaming... But i want to know how do you exactly get to that conclusion? I mean i know that i'm not dreaming because the RC didn't work but repeating that same thing over abd over again doesn't feel right and sometimes the RC's don't work in the dreams, so there must be a more logical way to justify you're not dreaming and i can't think of it! :(

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Peter

Postby Peter » 20 Aug 2012 09:13

You are most likely getting excited about the task and how well it is going. Its hard to define the state of mind but if you try for thought without emotion it is close. You need to be calm and focused on the tasks and you can enjoy and get involved but there is a point where excitement starts to turn to emotion and then you start to lose it. Dont fight any of the feelings that are odd, flying in itself is not a normal task so its hard to accept that you can do it and not get some negative feelings about it. It comes in time, I fly as easily as walking now and a few nights back I was sure I was dreaming so I ran at a glass window and yip I was dreaming. I was thinking that this will make the news if I am not (Madman charges though airport lounge window) LOL its still so hard to work it out sometimes.

lovelucidity

Postby lovelucidity » 22 Aug 2012 02:15

Helloooo...I'm Jennifer Walton. I am new to Lucid Dreaming! I look forward to meeting everyone!

gekada_75

Postby gekada_75 » 23 Aug 2012 09:53

When you wake up from LD,is the memory like in real life or just memory from a normal dream?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

kdariboy

Postby kdariboy » 25 Aug 2012 22:48

Ive been doing them for about a week now and write about 4-5 dreaming down a day. I also listen to a lucid dreaming audio inducer when i fall asleep. I do reality checks daily. T'he first day i got into this i had one. How Can i have another?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
8 Time Lucid Dreamer, looking to be an every night lucid dreamer

blazing

Postby blazing » 26 Aug 2012 01:41

I think its kinda hard :|

Return to “For Beginners”