hello

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
dst1134

hello

Postby dst1134 » 10 Aug 2012 16:10

so i came across this site and i am very intrigued. fascinated. i've started studying and slowly implementing alot of the techniques. i guess im starting slow and building my way up.

i've started to keep a dream journal and starting to do reality checks. these are what i'm focusing on.

what are some suggestions that you would give me (just starting out) from your own experiences already having been where im at and progressing to the level your at.

Denmonation

Re: hello

Postby Denmonation » 11 Aug 2012 06:34

Pick one method and just focus on that. For you, it looks like it's reality checks. That's how I do it. It's all about building awareness and learning to recognize when you're in a dream. There's tons of methods out there, and once you're experienced you can try those out, but for now just stick with one. I'm still really only using that one method to become lucid.

And don't give up. It's not easy to learn to become a lucid dreamer. If it were easy, everyone would do it. It takes practice, persistence, and patience.

dst1134

Postby dst1134 » 14 Aug 2012 02:14

so i'm a few days in. the biggest improvement i've had is in remembering some of my dreams. i'm still working on meditation before sleeping and my reality checks. i'm thinking my first lucid will come from a wild. i've been working on this technique.

dst1134

Postby dst1134 » 20 Aug 2012 23:22

so i'm getting a bit closer. i was having a dream at night and in the dream i pulled out my wallet. i always keep it in my right pocket. for some reason i kept checking it. when i checked in my left pocket there was a different wallet.

somehow i instantly knew that there was some logical reason for me having it. i accepted that i had somehow found it and was going to return it to its owner.

it was weird. i kept thinking it was out of the ordinary and kept checking both wallets but could never quite figure it out. it wasn't until i woke up that i realized that i could have become lucid if i would have just realized the second wallet was just a figment of my subconscious.

afterwards i'm still pretty amazed at how elaborate my subconscious is to convince me that my dream and things in it are reality.

Peter

Postby Peter » 20 Aug 2012 23:25

its get more abstract than that as its not your SC that tricks or convinces you but your normal awareness. The SC or some part of you supplies the dreamscape but it is not that part of you that is looking to become lucid so its not that part of you doing any fooling.

Keep at it as you sound close to getting lucid. IF WILD does not work you may get lucid very quickly after going to sleep during a WILD attempt as you are prepped for a lucid dream and nearly there.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”