6 weeks and still not getting anywhere... HELP PLEASE!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
tophergdavis

6 weeks and still not getting anywhere... HELP PLEASE!

Postby tophergdavis » 20 Aug 2012 23:39

I dove into the world of lucid dreaming six weeks ago. I've read through many of the articles on this page and have been practicing a lot of the techniques taught here. I have been doing reality checks many times a day, writing in my dream journal when ever I remember my dreams as well as using dream anchors to help remember them. I'm meditating at least once a day, twice if I have time and have been working on my visualization skills. I have tried my hand at the MILD, WILD, and WBTB (I eat a banana, cheese and drink a tall glass of milk and take a B-6 when I try the WILD and WBTB) techniques, all to no avail. I have even finished the 10 step e-course. I still feel like I am at day-one. My dream recall is still spotty at best, even after having used a dream anchor for the past two weeks.

I had a WILD (or a DILD that arose from a dream about performing a WILD) that lasted less than 5 seconds, because the shock of the experience snapped me awake. I at least thought it was an LD, but am now unsure of whether or not it really was because there has been absolutely nothing elsesince. I do not know where to go from here. I'm starting to get very discouraged and am on the cusp of giving up all together. Can anyone help me? I'm completely at a loss of what I can do to have an LD.

Ryan

Re: 6 weeks and still not getting anywhere... HELP PLEASE!

Postby Ryan » 21 Aug 2012 01:58

tophergdavis wrote:I dove into the world of lucid dreaming six weeks ago. I've read through many of the articles on this page and have been practicing a lot of the techniques taught here. I have been doing reality checks many times a day, writing in my dream journal when ever I remember my dreams as well as using dream anchors to help remember them. I'm meditating at least once a day, twice if I have time and have been working on my visualization skills. I have tried my hand at the MILD, WILD, and WBTB (I eat a banana, cheese and drink a tall glass of milk and take a B-6 when I try the WILD and WBTB) techniques, all to no avail. I have even finished the 10 step e-course. I still feel like I am at day-one. My dream recall is still spotty at best, even after having used a dream anchor for the past two weeks.

I had a WILD (or a DILD that arose from a dream about performing a WILD) that lasted less than 5 seconds, because the shock of the experience snapped me awake. I at least thought it was an LD, but am now unsure of whether or not it really was because there has been absolutely nothing elsesince. I do not know where to go from here. I'm starting to get very discouraged and am on the cusp of giving up all together. Can anyone help me? I'm completely at a loss of what I can do to have an LD.

If you were aware that you were dreaming WHILE you were dreaming... then yes, it was a lucid dream... even if it was only 5 seconds. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

tophergdavis

Postby tophergdavis » 21 Aug 2012 02:39

Im just not sure if I was aware within the dream or if the shock of laying in bed then standing on a beach with my daughter in my arms just woke me up and I was aware of the dream once I woke...

But even at that, I just feel stuck :?

Where do I go from here???

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 21 Aug 2012 02:57

Try not to worry too much about it, it takes time for most people. In fact it sounds like you are overdoing, I personally dont both with reality checks they never seem to work for me. The easiest method for me is to wake up every day around 7 and be normal, and then set a few days of the week to wake up at like 5 am instead. At 5 am actually get out of bed for like 5 minutes and walk around and do stuff, I just go to the bathroom.

Then when you get back to bed just concentrate on the present as much as possible and pay attention to any images that float into your mind, eventually you just snap into the dream. If you lose awareness and dream when you snap out of it write it down and then go back to bed and repeat until you get lucid.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 21 Aug 2012 03:16

What jack said is completley correct.
Try not to over do it - you may be trying too hard. (I'm pretty sure that it is possible to try too hard)
For me personally, When falling asleep, concentrating on all the images that come into your mind is going to help you alot. - I don't LD alot these days, as I do smoke before sleeping to lessen my nightmares.
BUT from experience, whenever i did Lucid dream, it was either from concentrating on images that popped into my mind when falling asleep... and trying to remember your dreams when you are awake, (EVERY detail possible)

Try not to stress, as you HAVE had some experience already.
It will happen soon enough I think.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 21 Aug 2012 04:15

tophergdavis wrote:Im just not sure if I was aware within the dream or if the shock of laying in bed then standing on a beach with my daughter in my arms just woke me up and I was aware of the dream once I woke...

But even at that, I just feel stuck :?

Where do I go from here???

You're not sure? It sounds like you're trying to give yourself excuses for not succeeding. ;) "ooooooooooor the shock of blahblahblah" <-- excuse. Although I'm really not sure why one would try to talk themselves out of this. hehe

In any case...
It's a straightforward question and answer.
It's a binary statement... yes or no. :)

Were you aware that you were dreaming while you were dreaming?
Or join my forums!

tophergdavis

Postby tophergdavis » 21 Aug 2012 10:42

Haha... I believe so yes. I think the knowledge that I was just laying In bed visualizing shoked me back awake. So if I had that realization then yes, I had to of known I was dreaming.

Thanks for all of the encouragement guys, it has helped my Confidence.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 23 Aug 2012 01:45

tophergdavis wrote:Haha... I believe so yes. I think the knowledge that I was just laying In bed visualizing shoked me back awake. So if I had that realization then yes, I had to of known I was dreaming.

Thanks for all of the encouragement guys, it has helped my Confidence.

If you had that realization "WHILE" you were having the experience, then yes. Realizing it after you've woken up doesn't count. ;) LoL
Or join my forums!

Kal

Postby Kal » 24 Aug 2012 19:04

I'm glad you aren't giving up! Please let us know how you're getting on :)

tophergdavis

Postby tophergdavis » 24 Aug 2012 19:08

Will do

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”