lost ability

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
beadietux

lost ability

Postby beadietux » 22 Aug 2012 20:38

About 3 weeks ago, I consciously controlled a dream and made something happen. This really blew my mind, so I started googling and learning about lucid dreaming and dream control. I realized that I've been lucid dreaming spontaneously for most of my life - I just never knew the word for it, and I assumed that everyone did this. The first night after the dream where I controlled the outcome, I had a AMAZING lucid dream where I immediately popped into a dream as soon as I fell asleep, I did reality checks, controlled everything and ended up flying...it was great. So, I started reading about WILDS and MILDS and as soon as I started trying the methods to make these happen, nothing is happening. This has been very frustrating because I made the assumption that since I naturally do this, then I should easily be able to make these happen whenever I want. But I can't, and I don't know why. So, last week, I just stopped reading or thinking about this stuff completely and falling asleep as I always have, thinking that if I did it naturally before, then I'll just let it happen naturally again, but now, nothing is happening. Anyone else experience this? Any advice?

Jack Reacher

Re: lost ability

Postby Jack Reacher » 23 Aug 2012 01:28

The ability comes and goes for me, dont worry too much about it it will come back. You might have other things on your mind at the moment as well. For now I would suggest taking a break, and then simply focus on improving your dream recall. If you can recall all your dreams in vivid detail at the end of the day thats great, and that alone will give you more vivid non lucid dreams, which is also a plus, and during this period you might have your own natural Lucid Dreams.

Once you are able to recall loads of dreams each night vividly then start waking up at 5 am or whatever and try out WILDS.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

beadietux

Re: lost ability

Postby beadietux » 23 Aug 2012 03:13

Thank you, Jack, I appreciate the response. I realize I haven't let enough time go by to assume that I've lost the ability...I'm just surprised that it wasn't easier to make it happen since I've done it for most of my life. I will keep a dream journal and concentrate on dream recall.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”