Death and sleep withing a sleep

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
goldomega

Death and sleep withing a sleep

Postby goldomega » 24 Aug 2012 16:24

Hello, I would appreciate if someone would ansower to these two:

1. What would happen if you comitted suicide while lucid dreaming? Will you wake up or go somewhere deeper?
2. What would happen if you felt asleep within a sleep? Would you wake up or start dreaming on a higher level of counciousnes?

Kal

Re: Death and sleep withing a sleep

Postby Kal » 24 Aug 2012 18:53

I think it's hard to say. People dream in different ways. What do you think would happen if it were you? :)

Lavendula

Postby Lavendula » 24 Aug 2012 19:57

1. I died once in a non lucid dream and the dream just went on without me. I haven't tried anything like it in a lucid dream but I believe that it might be the same. I wouldnt know though so don't take my word.
2. Either a false awakening or an awakening, I assume.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
If you fall for your reflection you will drown in a dream

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 25 Aug 2012 00:35

I have actually been trying to commit suicide in lucid dreams for a while now, just to see what would happen as I dont think you will wake up. I have died in non lucid dreams and they went on, I left my body and it felt really strange.

As for dreams within a dream, I have entered many lucid dreams by dreaming in a normal dream, the false awakening is me waking up in the first, non lucid dream.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

blazing

Postby blazing » 25 Aug 2012 00:37

Last time I died everything went black and, I woke up
I felt me waking up

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Aug 2012 06:16

It's kinda hard to truly die in a lucid dream since you know you aren't actually dead. When I jump off a ledge and feel myself falling, the adrenaline wakes me up most of the time before I hit the ground. And if I do remain lucid and smack into the ground, I just get up and dust myself off.

But I go to sleep in lucid dreams all the time. Sometimes I just can't help it. I will be walking around and feel just so incredibly tired. Then I will simply collapse to the ground and most of the time when this happens I sink into the ground and awaken somewhere else. Not any deeper, but just somewhere else. I have a theory about why I get really tired in lucid dreams sometimes and it's because my brain is telling me it's not time to be awake right now and it is time to sleep.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”