My Dream Journal

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Lavendula

My Dream Journal

Postby Lavendula » 24 Aug 2012 19:29

INTRODUCTION
I have trouble maintaining a dream journal and so I am going to try posting my dreams here at least daily and hopefully keep up with it.

MY REGULAR DREAMS
I regularly have long, vivid dreams which I remember for a long time and usually have many per night. I do sometimes have blurry, unreconizable dreams though, and many nights I can't remember at all.

LUCID DREAMS
I am fairly new to lucid dreaming and have one every so often, but the rare times I do have one it is brief due to spinning around and waking up I'm a false awakening. This can continue for five or six times.

LUCID GOALS
My lucid goals are quite simple for now.
First, I'm going to talk to people about whatever they want, a simple yet entertaining exercise when you know it's not actually them.
Second, I'm going to increase my power over my dreams by. Making sure I have ni more fear around mirrors and showing that evil person in the mirror who's boss.
Lastly, i want to actually stay lucid long enough to get out of my house. (I usually find that I'm stuck)

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
If you fall for your reflection you will drown in a dream

Lavendula

Dream Log #1 - Federal Offence

Postby Lavendula » 24 Aug 2012 19:53

THE DREAM
I go to my auntie's house and my six year old cousin is in the computer but my auntie isn't there. She has broken the law somehow. The police are coming to get her. The police come in and arrest us both. Before they can take us away the scene rewinds. I get over my cousins house. My sister gets over my cousins house. I explain my problem and tell her to go drive my cousin off to get an ice cream or something and I deal with the police. I tell the police it's a misunderstanding. They drive off and my sister and cousin come back. They have bags and bags of shopping from their favorite clothes store. I stand there shocked. That was my money!

DREAM THEMES
- cousin. -sister
-computer. -icecream
-police. - shopping

EMOTIONS
I felt worried about my cousin, nervous about the police and betrayed by the shopping

DREAM SIGNS
-Don't actually HAVE a six year old cousin
- Real life can't rewind
- Never go to my old house.
-Sister can't drive and doesn't own a car
-I dont have any money

DEFINITIONS (from dreammoods.com and only relevant sections!
-Cousin - To see your cousin in your dream represents something or some aspect of your character that is somewhat familiar. Perhaps you need to spend more time in cultivating and developing some emerging ability or character.
-Computer - Alternatively, computers represent a lack of individuality and lack of emotions and feelings. Too often, you are just going along with the flow, without voicing your own opinions and views. You may also feel a depreciated sense of superiority.
- Police - To see the police in your dream symbolizes structure, rules, power, authority and control. You need to put an end to your reckless behavior or else the law will catch up to you. Alternatively, the dream refers to failure in honoring your obligation and commitments. To dream that you are arrested by the police suggests that you feel sexually or emotionally restrained because of guilt. The dream may also be a metaphor that you are feeling apprehensive about something. To dream that you are having difficulties contacting the police  suggests that you have yet to acknowledge your own authoritativeness in a situation. You need to take control and be in command of the direction of your life.
-sister - To see your sister in your dream symbolizes some aspect of your relationship with her, whether it one of sibling rivalry, nurturance, protectiveness, etc. Your sister may draw attention to your family role. Or the dream may also serve to remind you that someone in your waking life has characteristics similar to your sister
- ice cream - Alternatively, the dream may suggest that you need to cool off and not let your temper get out of hand. On the other hand, the ice cream may be a pun on "I scream". Perhaps there is something that you need to let out.
- shopping - If you are shopping for clothes, then it suggests that you are trying to put forth a new image.

blazing

Re: My Dream Journal

Postby blazing » 25 Aug 2012 02:42

Nice Dream :D
Hey if you use mild do you not get sleep parylisis?

Lavendula

Postby Lavendula » 25 Aug 2012 03:14

blazing wrote:Nice Dream :D
Hey if you use mild do you not get sleep parylisis?

MILD is remembering a certain object or dream sign so that when you dream you will see it and wake up. It involves falling asleep first so you won't have to be conscious while it happens. Be warned though that your body paralyses every night, and all this does is reduce the risk.

Lavendula

Postby Lavendula » 25 Aug 2012 17:39

THE DREAM
My mum is driving our car down a busy highway over a long bridge with no rails. The bridge passes over the ocean. We are listening to the radio. I call the radio for some answer to a question competition and tell them a joke about a curtain falling. I talk to my mum for a bit about how I want to be a psychiatrist when I grow up. I then hear my joke being told on the radio and say "It'd be cool to have a radio channel too." She nods her head in dismissal and we continue driving. It is nearing night and starts to get dark. I look out my window for a bit and realize we are driving too far too far to the edge. I decide to not say anything because my mum will know what she's doing. She then realizes what is happening and says "SH!T" but it is too late, we fall off the edge.
I bolt awake in a panic.

DREAM THEMES
-mum. -radio
-car. -falling
-bridge

EMOTIONS
Excited about my joke, bored looking out of the window, scared seeing we were veering to the edge and then petrifwied as we fell.

DREAM SIGNS
-anew place I have never been
-The joke made no sense yet was still 'funny'
-Bridges always have rails
-Radios don't work like that

DEFINITIONS
BRIDGE: To dream that you are crossing a bridge signifies an important decision or a critical junction in your life. This decision will prove to be a positive change filled with prosperity and wealth in the horizon. Bridges represent a transitional period in your life where you will be moving on to a new stage. If the bridge is over water, then it suggests that your transition will be an emotional one. If you fall off the bridge and into the water, then the dream indicates that you are letting your emotions hold you back and prevent you from moving forward
CAR: If you are in the backseat of the car, then it indicates that you are putting yourself down and are allowing others to take over. This may be a result of low self-esteem or low self-confidence.  Overall, this dream symbol is an indication of your dependence and degree of control you have on your life. To dream that you drive your car into a body of water or that it rolls into water implies that you are in for an emotional journey.
FALLING: To dream that you fall and are frightened indicates a lack of control, insecurity, and/or lack of support in your waking life. You may be experiencing some major struggle and/or overwhelming problem. It may also imply that you have failed to achieve a goal that you have set forth for yourself.
MUM:To see your mother in your dream represents the nurturing aspect of your own character. Mothers offer shelter, comfort, life, guidance and protection. Some people may have problems freeing themselves from their mothers and are thus seeking their own individuality and development. To dream that you are having a conversation with your mother denotes a matter that has preoccupied your mind and you are not sure how to deal with it in your waking life. It indicates unresolved problems that need to be worked out with your mother. 
RADIO: To dream that you are listening to the radio symbolizes your awareness and intuition toward a particular situation.  What you hear through the radio also represents messages from your subconscious. It is possible that it is some form of ESP or telepathic communication.

WHAT CAN I GAIN FROM THESE MEANINGS?
I have a big emotional desicion I need to make and, although I am aware of it, I have no control over it, but if I talk to my mum it would help.
(This is true)

blazing

Postby blazing » 25 Aug 2012 21:54

Nightmare?

Lavendula

Postby Lavendula » 25 Aug 2012 22:06

blazing wrote:Nightmare?

I don't think that this was a nightmare, but more of a bad ending to a dream. I may be being picky here, but I do believe that there is a difference between nightmares and mildly bad dreams.
Plus the falling was for only half a second

Lavendula

Postby Lavendula » 26 Aug 2012 21:35

THE DREAM
My friend is sleeping over my place. She is playing her phone and is not paying attention to me. I get so frustrated I make a plot for her to be unable to play on her phone again. She has a music player which she sits her phone in to charge. It's just like mine but it's pink instead of blue. When she leaves she gives me the music player to hold. I go out to the kitchen and take one of the batteries out. The screw was hard to undo though and fell out into two parts. I take a battery and put it in my pocket. My mum walks past and says, put the battery back, so I do. I walk away frustrated

DREAM THEMES:
-friend. -stereo
-sleep over. -screw
-ignored. -battery

FEELINGS
Frustrated the whole way through

DREAM SIGNS
-She has more than one way to charge her phone
-The screw broke in half
-Wrong type of batteries

DEFENITIONS:
BATTERY: To see a battery in your dream symbolizes life energy and vitality. If the battery is dead, then it suggests that you are emotionally exhausted or feeling low
FRIEND: To see friends in your dream signify aspects of your personality that you have rejected, but are ready to incorporate and acknowledge. The relationships you have with those around you are important in learning about yourself. Alternatively, dreaming of a friend indicates positive news. 
IGNORED: Alternatively, it may reflect your real waking experiences of being ignored by that person.
SCREW: To see a screw in your dream represents your feelings of being taken advantaged or that you are messing things up. You are overlooking the little details that keeps and holds everything together. 
SLEEP OVER: To dream that you are at a sleepover indicates that there is a situation that you are refusing to see or accept. You need to be more alert and pay attention to what is going around you. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you need to let your guard down and learn to be more open and receptive.
STEREO: To see or listen to a stereo in your dream signifies great harmony and heightened awareness toward some situation

Lavendula

Postby Lavendula » 29 Aug 2012 02:48

No recall

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”