WILD attempt, feeling hot, limited vision - tips?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Jah Soldier

WILD attempt, feeling hot, limited vision - tips?

Postby Jah Soldier » 25 Aug 2012 12:13

Approaching two months of training (journal, RCs etc) I've had up to about 10 lucid experiences (inc. before training) ranging from 30 secs to 15 mins. My recall is becoming more frequent and vivid and I think I'm making steady progress. During the week I have a job and live with family in town A, usually going to sleep around 11pm, interrupting to WBTB about 5am and getting up at 7am. I usually go to my place with friends in town B at the weekends to have fun/work on finishing my dissertation, with a more liberal sleep routine. However this weekend I'm staying in town A.

Last night (Fri) I went to bed around midnight. I set my alarm to interrupt me at 8am (wanting to sleep at least a little longer than usual and intending to lie in), took a toilet break, browsed the internet (these forums, also watched the NLP video on the site which I watch often) then decided to attempt WILD around 8.45. I lay on my back tensing and relaxing my muscles from top to bottom in two rounds, the second slower than the first, played with hypnagogic imagery and repeated the mantra from the NLP video in my head "I am Lucid, the world is vivid". After about 45 minutes (I knew this because a 30 min meditation track I played in the background was finished) my mind felt quite relaxed but I didn't make much more progress. I may have had one auditory hallucination of a wood knocking noise beside me. My body felt heavy but also VERY HOT - almost perspiring (the room itself wasn't hot). I tried imagining myself lay on my back making snow angels and swimming in the ocean to cool down, but no dream formed and I became more hot and uncomfortable. It is the same heat I have felt when waking suddenly from deep dreaming (an effect of paralysis perhaps?). Eventually I decided to roll over and fall asleep more naturally and comfortably, believing my intention and other preparation to lucid dream would work anyway. It did (briefly).

I found myself sat on my bed in town B (physically I was asleep in town A) watching football (soccer) on my laptop. My team was winning 1-0 when we scored another goal (I'm really intending to watch us play today but against a different team). At first it looked like a good long-range goal but then on the replays (yes dream TV shows replays too) it became confused as to who had scored how. Play went on and it was still 1-0 rather than 2-0. At this point I realised I was dreaming and remembered I was actually asleep in town A. At the same time my dream body became very heavy and my visual field reduced (tunnel vision) as if I was peering through into this dream world from my physical body. I decided to drop to the floor in-dream feeling the vivid texture of the carpet in bedroom B. I went to my (dream) housemate's room for assistance where I could just see his head poking out of his bed. The scene was very realistic but my vision still narrowed, so I decided to call out something like "increase visuals" - but then I woke up, back in bed A, about 10.15am. I think I might have actually called out from the real body and woke myself :P

I think next time I should interrupt my sleep earlier so that I'm more tired when I try to go back to sleep, and maybe cover myself less/open the window so that I stay cooler.

Anyone else experienced anything similar, have any tips? Cheers.
Row, row, row your boat
gently down the stream
merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
life is but a dream

ronalds141

Re: WILD attempt, feeling hot, limited vision - tips?

Postby ronalds141 » 26 Aug 2012 10:02

Wow that's a really cool experience! O.O what is that NLP site by the way?

Ill try to do WBTB sometimes too. :) but aren't you getting tired from doing that? Waking early, then going back to bed and waking at 7am?

Keep on doing that! :) im looking forward for your experiences!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Jah Soldier

Postby Jah Soldier » 26 Aug 2012 13:33

The NLP is here http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/videos/lucid-dreaming-subliminal-video.html
I've been watching most nights for a couple of weeks in which time I've had about 4 lucid experiences which is good for me, although that may be due to other factors/my general improvements. Worth a try though.

I've not been tired at all really. I always go to bed at a good time if I'm up early in the morning and only take a break from sleep for a few minutes if I'm working, longer if I can lie in afterwards.

I attempted WILD again this morning (sun). Following the above, I only covered myself to the waist so that I wouldn't feel so hot, which worked. I also interrupted sleep earlier, at 6am, so that I was more tired and didn't put on any music or anything.

After about 30 minutes I felt a pressure upon my body that I haven't felt before and noticed my eyes (closed) began to twitch. It felt like progress but I wasn't getting any imagery and then it felt like my facial muscles began to spasm and contort which was very uncomfortable (I must have looked crazy if someone could see me) :x I've not heard of this before, has anyone else experienced it?

Pretty soon I gave up, rolled over and fell asleep normally, had a vivid dream but didn't gain lucidity. I know I should probably have persisted but the facial contortion was very uncomfortable. Any tips from experienced WILDers appreciated.
Row, row, row your boat
gently down the stream
merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
life is but a dream

ronalds141

Postby ronalds141 » 26 Aug 2012 17:17

thank you for the link :) im gonna try wild soon. It' s kind of scary to do it at night though, because i heard people saying that they've been seeing hallucinations when opening eyes. - huge spiders, freaks, people etc.

i' m downloading now these isochronic tones - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCV7Tjjkou4 ; i like those water sounds. maybe we can both try to listen this doing WILDs? and see our experiencies? (im converting it to mp3, so i can listen it on my phone)

im gonna start to meditate from this day and i hope i' ll have results soon :)

Mr.Lucid

Postby Mr.Lucid » 27 Aug 2012 14:38

I have never succesfully done a WILD before, but I hope that in a week I can. But that sounds really weird, yet cool. I can't do a WBTB, because I'm a type of person that when they wake up, they stay up. So unless I am really tired, I can't wake up at like 3:20 in the morning. :cry:

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”