bless the raging hippo

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
MagMeyer

bless the raging hippo

Postby MagMeyer » 26 Aug 2012 15:19

i historically have dreams where i'm being chased so this is nothing new -- except the outcome!

i was running from a screaming hippo who was gaining on me. i see the patch of stalagtites that i know if i reach, the hippo can't follow me. suddenly, i stopped running and turned and face him.

he stopped, too and screamed at me. i tried to nonchalantly walk past his shoulder to a tri-trunked tree while he trotted behind. i went round the tree and he put his screaming face through the trunks and continued screaming at me, thrashing his head side to side and splintering the tree.

i put my palm on his forehead and said, "you don't have to do this" which infuriated him even more. he screamed loudest, once again. then harumphed at me. turned and trotted off.

the hippo is gone. i'm over my addiction. i'm not afraid. i won't ever run again. i plan to face life directly.

even my cat seems happy for me, for this monumental change from waking up exhausted and too weak to stumble out of bed -- to loving life enlightened!
Bless us all
MagDelish

Jah Soldier

Re: bless the raging hippo

Postby Jah Soldier » 26 Aug 2012 16:54

How long have you been lucid dreaming? Your imagery is brilliant. Any ideas why this part of your self manifest as a screaming hippo? :)
Row, row, row your boat
gently down the stream
merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
life is but a dream

MagMeyer

Re: bless the raging hippo

Postby MagMeyer » 26 Aug 2012 17:09

Dear Peter,

All my life -- twas confusing as a child because a lot of dreams came true and i couldn't differentiate time.

enter smoking weed from a young age. pretty much indulged all my life (except when i became a mom, raising kids) it curtails so much esp and dream life.. a respite from an altogether chaotic life.

youngest turned 20 recently and i've just embraced sobriety for the first time -- probably for the first time this lifetime.

i don't think i slept without night terrors and waking, rewaking for the better part of this century.

reading Power of Now, understanding that my pain body feeds, expounds on others' pain bodies -- learning to live freely. indeed, stopped "punishing" myself upon learning about my neurological propensity for addiction and that it is was not a moral pitfall, loving/forgiving myself ...

i dream so much more ... trying to keep it concise for conciseness' sake.

thank you for the feedback...
warm regards
Bless us all
MagDelish

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”