Is Spirituality meerly a coping mechanism?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
alteredstates

Re: Is Spirituality meerly a coping mechanism?

Postby alteredstates » 25 Aug 2012 21:26

Jack Reacher wrote:I hope this topic doesn't come off as being too dark, but I think its an interesting philosophical question. To me it seems that a spiritual belief is a belief that is really based on a kind of faith, there is little scientific evidence that supports it but none that rejects it. In order to actually believe in a spiritual concept, you have to think of it in an irrational way, in other words believe in it simply because your intuition thinks its right.

I'm not sure if i really understand this post. I think you are just maybe questioning your own beliefs about spirituality and wondering if others feel the same?? The good old idea about the right brain and left brain being separate and operating independently. A lot of things that are spiritual are considered "irrational" but how do we know that's just what we've been told?? How do you know if you don't operate with both your rational and irrational mind as a spiritual being??? And if these experiences are so irrational why do they happen to even the most rational minded most scientific minded people?? In fact why does it happen at all ?? That's more like it!

Hmm i don't even really know what spirituality is apart from the fact that it's living as a spirit in a body and having different experiences on different levels. I used to think spirituality was a path, and I'm spiritual but then my own experiences have challenged my own beliefs. Maybe there's different definitions of everything, and it need not necessarily be put in one box. I'm only going to speak for myself. Since being outside the confines of religion I've learned much much more about the universe, the Bible, the human mind, society, possible answers to so-called "unexplained scientific phenonema" like bermuda triangle, bigfoot, aliens, ESP, psychic ability, deja vu, ufos, and it goes on and on and on and on, and also other galaxies, aspects of myself, the nature of reality, the human body and health and literally still learning.I used to think some of these things were "evil" since that's what I was taught, and I didn't even know about some of these things ...or so i thought...maybe i already did...but all it was doing was limitting myself and my mind. The more i studied them the more my mind opened or maybe even "re-opened".

I feel like any questions we could possibly have already have an answer because there's tons of information out there on the internet and even through psychedelics like DMT, ayahuasca, in books, ancient artifacts, ancient carvings and sculptures, through lucid dreams and even some people are and have been able to access Akashic records like Edgar Cayce and others..Is there anything we couldn't possibly do or access?! It's like someone somewhere has already answered the question or discovered it, maybe ancient civilisations already drew it on carvings and walls. Like how people discover the way the solar system is , or the structure of the earth or the flower of life and how it's the template from which every living thing is created and about so-called hidden things that our governments, illuminati, secret societies or whatever are trying to distract us from. What if we already know these things?? What if you could simply tap into the collective unconscious mind and draw out everything you wanted..it's not like this hasn't been written about or studied in psychology or metaphysics!! :mrgreen: Of course these may be considered irrational, or may have been, but i feel most could even be explained and studied by science if scientists wanted..how about the face on Mars, or polar shifts that have occured changing the position of the north and south poles due to major catastrophes like Noah's flood..? There's evidence of all this and it wasn't just based on intuition.. There's a video on youtube about this but i think it might be too challenging...

Peter wrote:Yip, to me they are belief systems and I dont want to be a part of them. When I express experiences and people tell me that they are deeply spiritual and so on I say not they are not. They are experiences and and that's all, I toss out belief systems like bad apples as fast as I can. Oh? is my ideal a belief system LOL

:o There's nothing wrong with believing or thinking that there's more out there than you've been told or having "extraordinary "experiences because i guarantee you there's someone out there who has had the same..It's pretty much like the 100th monkey experiment..somehow someone somewhere will always know something that you know and eventually you start hearing more of it or seeing it more frequently and you realize that more people are becoming aware of it or doing it. Isn't that what is happening now? It's like consciousness travels and many people are questioning reality whereas before everyone was stuck to their orthodox beliefs and views they were force-fed with growing up, pretty much like I was. it just shows you want to know more of something that you probably already knew or someone already knows and has published or yet to publish etc..it doesn't mean you're crazy or a freak..you shouldn't view spiritual experiences as "bad apples" but rather something you can learn from. Why would you put them in that category?? But it's up to you if you choose to not be a part of it since you are the captain steering the ship and no-one else.

So basically, are all spiritual practices really just coping mechanisms to briefly escape reality?

I happen to think the most curious, most spiritual, most deep seeking/thinking people are some of the most interesting and intriguing people around since they tend to make the most discoveries, have the most significant influences and breakthroughs in their fields. There's Tesla with Tesla energy and his inventions which are now being investigated and expanded on by croatian scientists, Andrew Basiago and his teleportation experiments, there's Robert Monroe with the institute of OBEs and research, Reich with orgone energy, there's Bill Hicks who spoke about how life is just like a ride at an amusement park and how it's not "real", Bob Marley who always sang about legalizing marijuana and freeing our minds and cannabis has been known to have medicinal properties. There's Bruce Lee who was highly philosophical in everything he did and there's many others like Tupac, Michael jackson and so on and sadly they are all dead. Everyday someone makes a discovery or proposes something and many times they are shut down or called "Hippies", "fake" "conspiracy theorists", and so on. Quantum physicists have made discoveries about time and space being one and the same, there's been disclosure by ex-cia and other ex government officials and members about advanced technology etc. Many of these people have been influential in their fields and/or worldwide through and didn't they make a mark and question everything?? Many of them were highly respected and they may have been seen as "nutjobs" the moment they started questioning but all it was was that they just one day started to see things differently which actually accomplished something huge. I doubt they were highly irrational people. I doubt Bill Hicks, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, George Carlin, Ghandi , Bob Marley, Martin Luther King, Bruce Lee and Michael Jackson lacked logical left brain functions when they spread the messages they did. You could say they lived more in the "right brain" intuitive way promoting peace, love, freethinking and freedom but they were also very smart which is associated with "left brain" side. Most have passed, but they did accomplish something great and heroic.They gave us a different perspective of life and reality as we know it.

There's nothing wrong with being religious either, but this is my path i chose since it is helping me and although it has often helped me to "cope" i feel that spirituality and other densities/dimensions and planes of existence do exist because there's things that that occur that we can't explain. I believe there's much more to know and just cos science hasn't disclosed it publicly does not mean it doesn't exist. I've learned more in the 5 years outside christianity than in the 11 years of a strict religious life. Also many of my questions have been answered. It's basically like previously being in a dark box with a tiny hole in and being exposed to seeing through that tiny hole for most of your life, but then you are freed from that box and you now find yourself looking from outside the box, able to see all the different dimensions, and everything else out there;pretty much like your consciousness and perspective expanding. Of course many of my views and previously held opinions were not only challenged by shattered and now I'm a very different person from who I used to be, and i dare say much better person. :P In some ways spirituality and "breaking free" from limitation has been a major source of comfort knowing that things do happen in the world for a reason and that we're constantly changing as beings on this planet.

At times i have often wanted to only be experiencing spiritual things and not be around materialism or mundane everyday things and often felt i couldn't cope with the stresses of life and it often made me depressed, since i find myself in some horrible situations and i felt like the harder i pushed away facing everyday without having a massive spiritual life changing lucid dream or OBE or even astral projection experience, the harder it was to have those experiences because I was depending too much on them and maybe limitting their function as a result or my ego get in the way. I realized that the day I didn't struggle as much or care as much to go through something spiritual to help me get on with the day, it just happened, freely. In other words i "flowed" with the flow of things. Maybe you should too. Maybe the two are not inseparable, and maybe everyday is some sort of spiritual experience. We could just be higher beings residing in a body, otherwise we wouldn't go to other states when we sleep at night (dreams)? People couldn't have NDEs or astral project if we were just solid bodies/machines with nothing else and all these unexplained spiritual phenomena like time travel and being able to travel through space. Believe it or not my greatest consolation comes from knowing that everything we're experiencing now is not going to last forever, and there's the possibility that reality may only be just a holographic projection of our minds;an illusion.
:arrow: That's why we should have fun for the moment we have whether we choose to do it in materialistic things or in "Higher things" its your choice but I intend on living life based on my beliefs, and what resonates with me and i think that's fine too !!!
Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion.
Democritus

Peter

Postby Peter » 26 Aug 2012 02:20

you shouldn't view spiritual experiences as "bad apples" but rather something you can learn from. Why would you put them in that category?? But it's up to you if you choose to not be a part of it since you are the captain steering the ship and no-one else.

Beliefs are good to the extent that they are formed from first impressions and have driven most of human achievement in both scientific and spiritual areas. I get wound up when someone with a belief puts it in a box and cant even consider another opinion with getting aggressive or when someone puts me in a box and thinks I am like them because so some common experiences. Context and evolving are for me the most important constants and they are not fixed in any point or way. I dont disagree or run peoples beliefs down just say that they are not mine and I dont want them. I will still discuss and enjoy the conversation anytime.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 26 Aug 2012 02:58

I wouldnt say spiritual experiences are bad, like you guys saida lot of progress in the arts and in science, and in many other facets have been made thanks to spiritual beliefs. Im simply questioning whether they are real or not, or something entirely created by humans. I personally dont believe in a spiritual plane outside of the human mind although I believe it is possible, and although I believe all of these constructs are artificially created it doesnt mean they arent significant or real in themselves.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Postby Peter » 26 Aug 2012 03:04

Im simply questioning whether they are real or not, or something entirely created by humans. I personally dont believe in a spiritual plane outside of the human mind although I believe it is possible, and although I believe all of these constructs are artificially created it doesnt mean they arent significant or real in themselves.

Thats about where I am, they are useful tools and how and where they exist is not that important or even if they are real at all.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

alteredstates

Postby alteredstates » 26 Aug 2012 12:12

Jack Reacher wrote:I wouldnt say spiritual experiences are bad, like you guys said a lot of progress in the arts and in science, and in many other facets have been made thanks to spiritual beliefs. I'm simply questioning whether they are real or not, or something entirely created by humans. I personally don't believe in a spiritual plane outside of the human mind although I believe it is possible, and although I believe all of these constructs are artificially created it doesnt mean they arent significant or real in themselves.

Have you done any research though about other planes of existence or had any spiritual experiences or had psychedelics? But i do see where you're coming from yeah it's very subjective - the whole spiritual thing..but there's many reasons for it and i think it's all depending on the individual and how they see things really. I see where you're coming from now Jack!Sorry about the long post..i was getting ahead of myself haha.i write a lot...it took me a long time to construct what i wrote because i considered everything that was posted that i wanted to talk about and wanted to make sure I at least answered what was to be answered. At least you are questioning reality even though you don't really know if you believe that there's something else out there..For some people it's easier to live everyday existence without really looking beyond the physical 'cos it makes them feel happier or at ease although like i said, what if the two are already intermingled??? What if you're already having a spiritual experience now, but in a human body???I see what you mean about the significance of enjoying life..yeah of course life should be significant and it should be fun..but I personally find more enjoyment in spiritual things rather than material things (maybe cos i don't have money half the time haha :mrgreen: )
But on a serious note that's just me...i tend to sometimes find the mundane everyday "reality" gets me down a lot and things turn to not always go as planned or I feel like my external life is being directed in a way where circumstances are out of my control, and it never seems to change regardless. Thus living a spiritual life and looking inward for answers helps..but that's me! They say you can change your reality with your thoughts..whose to say this isn't possible?? Maybe the transformation starts from within. I'm going to a spiritual retreat next year. Let's see what happens.

;) And I'm at the moment on a soul searching journey and finding out more about myself and what exactly i want to do with my life and where i need to be feeling at times confused and lost, and surrounded by people with completely opposing views to me and not feeling the way i do about reality or existence pisses me off sometimes because you try to explain yourself to them and they don't get it or they just focus too much on materialism and it's boring... doesn't exactly help either. I tend to speak to many spiritual people online cos that's where i meet many of them, not in the corner shop or down the local pub. I am going to see one i spoke to next month and see how she's like. Maybe i chose this reality? And I would like a better one where I'm happier 'cos i wna be happier and more true to myself ...don't we all?? :lol:

I also have ideas that maybe things would be much better if everyone put down their barriers and their phones or headphones and just spoke to the next person on the train or bus...striking a conversation; it can be anything! Or if more people allowed their inner child to flow free more, or if more people danced to music and really felt music in their core and their hearts (i listen to music and escape into the sound like its nobody's business. i even sometimes feel like i'm dancing on stage or am the one who made the song.) Life should be more enjoyable yet there's so much stress and unpleasantness and to some extent people turn to other things, to seek answers elsewhere and to help them "escape" which there's nothing wrong with. It;s better than committing crimes and hurting, raping others.. :?

You have to admit looking at the spiritual does put a lot of things into perspective like the things i mentioned in my previous post. I read a spiritual book, and i mean SPIRITUAL and it even talked about the origins of morgellons disease which doctors claim doesn't exist yet many people have been saying they suffer from it, and the book also mentions how atomic bombs, and, HAARP has been causing so many disasters and earthquakes that has cost many lives and even aircraft accidents, mind control to cause people to act in a strange way when intensified and how it was used by American government " to "dumb down" the people especially after 9/11 and during elections so that they wouldn't question anything (we all know the shit going down in US ) and the reputation Americans have..Also the obviously staged Colorado shootings- the poor git looked out of sorts in the court, as high as a kite. They know what is going on, but they're not speaking out against their government as much as they should and you wonder why.... Some make videos on youtube here and there but the masses are being passive.The book mentions this . The book also states:
The testing of atomic bombs has loosened many underground plates and started their movements. If atomic bombs were never used on the planet in the last 60 years, we would not have the shifting of the deep underground plates today. This shifting was directly created by humans. Then there is all the drilling and pumping of oil out of the ground, including the new deep well drilling and explorations. All this has created more movements of the underground plates which man has not recognized.

We hear of these things on the news and on the internet and how the earth is being destroyed because of selfishness and this has an influence on overall world consciousness and not to mention creates dangerous disasters.
"We would like to give you information that will specifically affect the United States. The U. S. has created a war in Iraq that has the potential to destabilize the Middle East. It now has a karmic price to pay for this unjust war. If the war continues to escalate, causing a deep drop in consciousness, the U. S. will have a short fall in its oil supply. The U. S. currently consumes 25% of the worlds oil production. It has the potential to lose 7 % to 8% of this oil. Its means the oil supply will drop down to 18% and even as low as 16% of the worlds oil production."

This headline http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/plugged-in/2012/01/29/north-america-losing-its-oil-edge/ shows America is fearful of losing its status as one of the leading oil producers and also worried about losing its shares, which have fallen to 15% according to the graph. The drop in consciousness is seen as the main catalyst behind this and possibly the fall of the dollar too ( we all know about the war in the middle East.)
The most current thing happening right now and started this year is how 97% of the polar ice sheets in Greenland have melted. According to the book which was written 6 years ago this melting will add another 25 feet to the ocean levels, but this will happen after the pole shift ( shifting to another density- 5D.) I believe this has been triggered from the depletion of the ozone layer through chemicals and pollutants over the years, rather than global warming which according to the book is a natural process to allow higher vibrations to enter the earth through the thinning of the ozone, and raising the schummann resonance which raises consciousness and speeds up the process of elevation on earth beings.
This is also in the book:"
For those that are curious about the raising of the ocean levels after the dimensional pole shift, when all humans are gone from the 3rd dimension, we give you this information. We wish to point out another event that will happen after the dimensional pole shift. We have stated that at this point in time, the world will rotate or flip approximately 160 degrees away from what is now the north pole.

(remember I mentioned that this has occured before and scientists have found evidence of the north and south poles not always having been in the position it is now.)
"Depending on the direction of the planets flip, there is the greater probability of the melting of Greenland which will add another 25 feet to the ocean levels. For a long period of time the ocean levels will remain at these higher levels until the 3rddimensional weather patterns are stabilized. Humans will not experience this, since there will no longer be human life in this 3rddimension after the coming dimensional pole shift
."
(This will never be mentioned in the news, so what if it happened...who would know about it except for those who have raised their vibrations and are ready to ascend...I was working on a spiritual ascension program earlier this year on my emotions and i noticed a huge change. I wish I could also give up meat so easily to increase my vibes, but living in a meat eating household and not having money atm and waiting to be paid i eat what I should for nourishment and besides I've been an omnivore for a long time :) But on a side note: quorn products are nice )

The author of the book i've been quoting says the information was taken from the Akashic records, which is according to wikipedia is:
"The akashic records (akasha is a Sanskrit word meaning "sky", "space" or "aether") is a term used in theosophy (and Anthroposophy) to describe a compendium of mystical knowledge encoded in a non-physical plane of existence.
"
Isn't this what Edgar Cayce was famous for getting many of his predictions and information from? :geek:

So no I don't think focusing on one's spirituality is a coping mechanism per se, more like something to give hope that the world really is a beautiful place, something that is comforting and that possibilities are endless and plus it also gives major insight not just about "spiritual" things but things going on in the everyday physical reality literally about anything and everything there's always answers and it's not always "doom and gloom" like in the news and tv :D You can ask your own subconscious for anything and i want to master this ability in lucid dreams since the first few times i tried something happened..hmm am still getting better lucid dreams. Isn't this comforting??? :arrow: endless possibilities.

Look at Peterson's book Out of Body experiences and how astral projection enhanced his psychic abilities. I doubt he was lying about all of it. Why write a whole book about something that is so well known to lie about it?? After all the surge in my intuition,the research I've done, the people i've met, the feelings i've experienced and experiences I've had i know there's more out there than we've been told (and whose to say there isn't?? Look at the human mind! Look at how much we're able to accomplish! World hunger should be solved by now! :roll: )
Thats about where I am, they are useful tools and how and where they exist is not that important or even if they are real at all.

You're looking at it from a very practical, unattached almost objective viewpoint whereas I see it as what we are....so many things have occured in life, so much has been taught to me; I've changed so much i just cannot look at spirituality and say that its a "useful tool" I've encountered a light being in a form of a bright golden orb that helped me through a deep dark depression I had about the evil in t he world and also problems that certain spiritual persons close to me had had and i felt so much energy and couldn't sleep the entire night but in the morning it was gone...i didn't see it as a useful tool rather a great experience!!! I still see signs when am depressed, like weird flashes in the air or golden orbs of light, sometimes hovering close to me and i can see it in the corner of my eye..i once saw it at the same time as a guy i was with, but his orb was a darker colour and moving across the wall.
Since committing to a lot of meditations, especially with OBEs, having lucid dreams and so on and spendng more time in nature, raising my vibrations, I've also haven't had a cold/flu for almost a year now and my brother has had it for a long time and i still haven't caught it from him and also I used to have irritable bowel...not anymore..? I use bicarbonate of soda to brush my teeth as it's fluoride free and it's fine. I believe you can heal yourself with your thoughts.. I might sound naive, or "unrealistically optimistic" or misinforming or clinging on to something that may not be "real" (as you say) but to me it#s helped me and to me it;s real which is why the idea of "spirituality" as a concept is so subjective. There's literally many definitions and i believe whichever one you choose is the one that's going to manifest due to your concept of it.
I wish to have many extraordinary more spiritual experiences everyday but I'm developing myself. To me that's what being spiritual is! Being grateful for your experiences and letting them teach you and knowing anything is possible as a spiritual being..i admit am still finding out what I need to find but at least am searching and that's a great start..better than accepting everything that comes and living in an ignorant bubble like many people do or like i used to do... and when you try to talk to them about something not mainstream they think you're crazy and yeah people like to argue about what they believe in[
I get wound up when someone with a belief puts it in a box and cant even consider another opinion with getting aggressive or when someone puts me in a box and thinks I am like them because so some common experiences. I dont disagree or run peoples beliefs down just say that they are not mine and I dont want them. I will still discuss and enjoy the conversation anytime.
..:mrgreen:
Can you blame them hahaha? :lol: People will fight for whatever makes sense to them...but it's good you take a neutral approach with such people.This "reality" brings a lot of oppression.so naturally people want to believe something .i can also be aggressive with my standpoint but i've learned to back down a bit because i can't force anyone into accepting anything..and i shouldn't let anyone dupe me into accepting what they believe either..I want to be free and be my own person and that's pretty much my quest atm.
I am passionate and I speak out what I believe but everybody is different and their reasons for choosing something like i said earlier is for many reasons. Despite the sadness ..Despite the problems for an imaginative, intuitive, empathic sensitive person like me developing myself as a spiritual being does help me as like I said am on a journey to find myself and being a very deep person i tend to delve in the depths of things, kinda like plunging into an ocean floor instead of swimming on the surface. And that's pretty much how life makes sense to me :P
Peace…comes within the souls of men when they realize their relationship, their oneness with the Universe and all its powers, and when they realize that at the center of the Universe dwells the Great Spirit, and that this center is really everywhere. It is within each of us.
Black Elk

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 26 Aug 2012 16:51

First im just gunna come out and say I didnt read that entire post, but I did read most of what was directed at me. I understand where you come from about taking a while to post, but you shouldnt worry too much about it because there is always room for misinterpretation and people are usually far more complicated than we let on.

Anyway im sort of similar to you in the way that I like intellectual things (I am a mathematics, statistics major at university) however as I have gotten older I have realised that "doing" is a big part of life, sure a lot of information comes from withini but you can also learn a lot from experience... and its not only about learning, its simply about experiencing and doing, you only get one shot at it in life so you really got enjoy it while you can. It doesnt necessarily mean go out and buy a crapload of stuff, but simply go out and do more instead of internalising everything. At the same time I dont want this to be misinterpreted as became an Extravert overnight, many people dont make that jump, it just means dont be so quick to judge mainstream thought.

I have done some research on spiritual stuff, I have done magic mushrooms so I have had some intense psychedalic feelings and I have also had some intense lucid dreams. However as for subjective experiences I think its all in my head (wherever that is) because one of my main foundation beliefs at this time is that humans, are not the center of the big picture, which is really what early religion is alla bout what with the Earth being the center at the solar system. As an individual must grow up to learn the world does not revolve around him, so too much our civilisation grow up and learn the planets do not revolve around us.

I also think spirituality in general is a first world problem, its relaly a luxury conversation we are having right now and isnt even important. For instance sometimes il sit down and just be so grateful I even have the opportunity to sit back and decide if there is such a thing as a spiritual experience when many people in the world dont get the chance, people in 3rd world countries or people born with mental diseases rarely get the chance to have such experiences, it seems sort of unfair that I would get to have one, like I have mental powers over my peers and such.

However on a lighter note I will say that I believe that art and spirituality could exist, but it is impossible for us to think about it, for thinking is a physical process, it is rational and thus these "irrational concepts" cant enter our mind. In other words, we are probably already there, if we were to have a spiritual experiences it wouldnt be anything like we are now, you wouldnt remember the experience because you would be a different thing, if that makes any sense. I guess what im trying to say is that where I am at with spirituality is that it could exist, but... fuck I dunno its too early in the morning lol il get back to you on this.

alteredstates

Postby alteredstates » 26 Aug 2012 21:34

Hmm ok so "spirituality is a first world problem???? " FUCKKKK lol that's the first I heard! I don't think I've heard anyone ever complaining about being a spiritual person in a physical body... :mrgreen: Simply put :arrow: I don't think it only exists in the "first world"... you probably haven't heard about shamans in Africa and South America, Buddhist monks, spiritual masters in places like India and south East Asian region etc. And I'm not sure what you meant by "Go out and do more.." :?: To me this is my life and I am living it but thanks for your opinion? Haha..
About the writing I just happen to start writing then I write and write i love to write..i think you already figured that out by now!And for your comment about giving "mainstream thought " a chance..i don't even know what "mainstream thought" is. Is there such a thing??? :? For the most part I'm not even "mainstream" ...more like the minority as you've probably already gathered which is why I haven't met that many like minded people around me immediately, but we are scattered all around and facebook is good place to start and i speak to some from London (whom i'm going to see) and there's others in other parts of UK and South Africa (yes,South Africa) :lol: , US, Estonia etc. :D Btw am not much of a mathematician. I'm more into English, Art/literature, music, dancing, creativity and so on. I'm currently studying aviation management at university which contains engineering and I was 2 marks away from passing but oh well am still going to 2nd year.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 26 Aug 2012 22:32

Sorry but can you please use less smilies and such, it makes it really hard to read. Also like I said dont look too much into the posts as you can misinterpret what I say. I guess spirituality is subjective, and I guess the version of it that I refer to in this topic is a little more specific. I wasnt trying to tell you how to live your life. A little disclaimer is that the theme of this topic is going to be quite negative to those who very spiritualy active.. so read at your own risk.

As for a first world problem, im not complaining about it, im just saying that this entire arguement we are having is really irrelevant to most other people, they are more interest in simply surviving and such.

Basically what I was trying to discuss was whether the spirtual plane/astral world whatever really is just an artificial construct created by those who dont really want to deal with reality.

alteredstates

Postby alteredstates » 26 Aug 2012 23:39

OK JACK!!!!!!!!!! Whatever you say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Hope you do whatever makes you happy..that#s what this reality is all about anyway. I use smilies because i express myself through them ok. Having different thoughts, interests and experiences as beings is what makes the world go round.
I have already given you the significant part of mine in detail so nothing much else to say. ;) take carexx NAMASTE

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Aug 2012 13:16

It can be a coping mechanism, a belief and a way of life.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”