Help! Fear of Mirrors!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lavendula

Help! Fear of Mirrors!

Postby Lavendula » 23 Aug 2012 21:27

When I first started lucid dreaming, I read a wiki article that said when you look in the mirror it can be scary because you'll see your real self. That night when I had my first lucid dream I decided to look in the mirror and saw a scary image of me that made me force myself awake to get away from.
Since then I tried to avoid them and eventually forgot about lucid dreaming. Now that I have picked it up again, I find that I will go into the bathroom in my dream in false awakenings, become lucid, and get freaked out.
Now my fear of mirrors has taken itself from the dream and planted itself into real life. I am scared of my bathroom mirror so much I keep the bathroom door closed so i wont accidentally look in.
On the other hand, looking in the mirror made me lucid and that is something I need.
What should I do to abolish these haunting mirrors from my dreams?
If you fall for your reflection you will drown in a dream

blazing

Re: Help! Fear of Mirrors!

Postby blazing » 23 Aug 2012 21:29

IKR?
It's creepy I see wierd pokemon symbols when I look at letters
and letters when I look at numbers?

Peter

Postby Peter » 23 Aug 2012 23:26

go look at the mirror and face up to what you IMAGINE is there. its as simple as that, scared of mirror, face up to mirror, get over fear of mirror :D
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Kal

Postby Kal » 24 Aug 2012 19:01

I agree with Peter!

Face your fear in real life, then it will become easier in your dreams.

Look in your mirror during the day, then look in it during the night. Smile at yourself. Pull a silly face. Check out the amazing colours in your eyes. The mirror is just a reflection of light, and of your beautiful self. Nothing to be afraid of - remember that :)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Aug 2012 06:23

Lavendula wrote:I read a wiki article that said when you look in the mirror it can be scary

Perhaps that planted the idea in your head... the idea that it would be scary and therefore it was.
What if I said I read a wiki article that said when you look in the mirror it can be fun?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Lavendula

Postby Lavendula » 27 Aug 2012 08:16

HAGART wrote: Perhaps that planted the idea in your head... the idea that it would be scary and therefore it was.
What if I said I read a wiki article that said when you look in the mirror it can be fun?

I agree that was the reason but it is hard to force the already formed fear out of my head.

To Peter and Kal, thanks, that helped a lot. Still haven't encountered a mirror in my dream since then but I think I will be able to get rid of the evil reflection once and for all when I do get to lucid dream next.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
If you fall for your reflection you will drown in a dream

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”