Subconscious Communication

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Subconscious Communication

Postby andreah49 » 27 Aug 2012 01:59

I've had many, many lucid dreams since my first a little less than a year ago. I've never had any difficulty remembering dreams and I never had to learn any tricks to begin lucid dreaming, it just happened. Then I learned about it in AP psychology and learned also that it is possible to communicate with the people or animals in your dreams, an idea that obviously this website and all other dream information websites endorse. But no matter how many times I become lucid, I can't get an answer out of anyone or anything. Last night I had another lucid dream, and a girl would not answer me. So my questions are:
1. How do I really control which questions I ask? I know it seems silly, but every time I lucid dream, I get hyper excited and can't think straight, it's like my brain is thinking too fast and I'm consciously changing things and asking questions that I wouldn't have, now that I'm awake and thinking about it. It just seems like I get erratic and begin changing and asking willly nilly, putting no intellectual thought into it. Is there anything I can do to eradicate this? Just relax better, get more practice?
2. How do I get these damn people to answer me? I sometimes do ask intelligent questions that I made a conscious, waking decision to ask upon having another lucid dream, and I'm not kidding when I say that each and every time, the person I'm speaking to looks at me like they want to kill me, reminiscent of Inception. And they usually follow me until I run away. I can't figure out if it's a figment of that dream (I typically begin lucid dreaming during nightmares or generally uncomfortable dreams anyways) or if it's something wrong I'm doing or if that's just how my subconscious is.
Sorry for the lack of brevity.

Re: Subconscious Communication

Postby HAGART » 27 Aug 2012 06:03

andreah49 wrote:(I typically begin lucid dreaming during nightmares or generally uncomfortable dreams anyways)

That might explain the people in your lucid dreams being so hostile.
I become hyper too in my lucid dreams sometimes and I talk really fast. My mind goes much faster. It's hard to stop and think about what you want to say and then say it. (But is there a need for that anyway since we are talking to our subconscious. It should already know the intent of your question.)

I've had a dream character ignore my question once. I've had others that answer in very strange ways. I asked a person to answer something that would be in the form of a number and it replied, "Rabbit!" One time I asked my subconscious if it was happy and it said "no." I asked what it wanted and it said, "Good skin, and thick wallet, and saskwatch!" It can sometimes say the most random things.

And sometimes it will say, "I don't know."

But only once did a character in my dream ever ignore me.

Have you ever summoned or conjured a familiar person before? That can help. Instead of being a mindless zombie or a projection person like in Inception it would be a close friend or family member. They should be more talkative.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Re: Subconscious Communication

Postby Kal » 27 Aug 2012 14:56

Although I've read a lot about lucid dreaming, I've only ever had one lucid dream myself. I'm only a beginner here, so take my advice with a pinch of salt:

This experience of dream characters not cooperating sounds common, from what I've read. It's like your mind wants to coax you back into just believing that the dream is real. I think that's why characters always act a bit funny when you first indicate to them that you're lucid. It's as though you are all actors on a stage, and the other actors are looking at you as if to say "What the hell are you doing? You're ruining the show! Stay in character! :evil:"

You said you were able to make a conscious, waking decision to ask these characters certain questions. If questions aren't working, how about you make a conscious decision to do something else? Again, I'm no expert, but I would be tempted to tell them to act a little more pleasantly towards you, or else get lost. Maybe asserting a little authority will remind them that you are in control.

Just my thoughts. Let us know what ends up working for you!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”