Techniques for Changing Scenes

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
rdubya

Re: Techniques for Changing Scenes

Postby rdubya » 04 Jul 2011 16:50

Lilianna,

Thanks for the help. I am confused as to why this happens though. when I am in my LD i really do know i can control everything. i guess i'll just keep working at it until my subconcious knows during a ld whatever i say goes!

-Ryan

Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Jul 2011 20:43

You might be a little more tactile in the instances that you can’t go through an object or wall. Try just touching the surface and feeling it and slowly willing your way through. For me the surfaces will start to get pliable and then give way. Don’t get excited when this happens as you may get in middle of a wall and get stuck....

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Liliana Tegzes

Postby Liliana Tegzes » 05 Jul 2011 06:02

You are so right Peter! I experienced that once :D
While I was going through a wall I doubt for a sec that I can do it to the end and I got stuck in the wall for a few seconds. Then I remembered I did that before and I got out on the other side of the wall.
This is the craziest part in a LD for me, the fact that every tiny little thought becomes true instantly. You need to have a very good control over your thoughts and if you develop that in dreams it will help a lot in your daily life too. I look to train myself on that and I think it's a great accomplishment to have it.

best,
Last edited by Liliana Tegzes on 05 Jul 2011 08:09, edited 1 time in total.
Liliana

Peter

Postby Peter » 05 Jul 2011 07:42

It’s such a contradiction as you need absolute control to get through a wall but I feel that LD is only the entry to more interesting spaces and so think that everything that happens is really you and yourself playing. You are your own playmate and can have a heap of fun in a LD. It’s hard to get that every good, bad and odd or unexpected event is of you doing. This is not some of the conversations or interactions with other dream charactors just the things like getting stuck in a wall and simlar events. My thoughts anyway

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 05 Jul 2011 17:24

Peter,

That is what I was referring to in the post about 2 identities and higher self. In your LD it is like you and your subconscious are, as you stated, "playing". I personally believe that since most of us were trained to let the subconscious control our dreams 100%, that LD is simply new to our subconscious and it is not programmed to respond as we want. I think the repetition is what trains it so that when you are in a conscious state of mind during a dream, if you want to change something, your subconscious will have to adhere to it once it is programmed properly to do so. So it is not necessarily "playing" with you, but simply doing as we trained it. This lowers the interaction of the higher self in Lucid Dreaming, but I think the missing link is "is there a connection between subconscious and higher self". For example, does the higher self influence the imagery the subconscious creates for you?

Also, Liliana, your post made me wonder something. Since it does appear that thoughts can effect the dream instantly, it seems like we need the mental control we gather during meditation. I wonder if there is a way to train your subconscious to only act on a thought if you approve of it. As in if a thought came in saying "What if I can't go through the wall?". Unless you send a trigger of approval after that thought, it won't influence your dream, and you would continue to go through the wall. Anyone have any experience with this?

-Ryan

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Jul 2011 05:51

Ryan - struggling with this one a little. What is your meaning of "higher self". I am interested in how you see the links, waking reality, dreaming without control and a LD in which we can establish varying degrees of control with mixed results. And the big one - what is beyond this and what or where is the higher self. Its a nice thread and keen to keep it going.
I also feel there is a small difference in control based on "I want" as in thought and "I will" based on action. Getting these in sync is maybe part of the link to getting control.

Peter

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 06 Jul 2011 15:30

Peter,

This reply may be a little off topic to the original post, but if it continues our thoughtful conversation then all the better!

The higher self is what many refer to as your multidimensional being, your soul. I believe many of us here are starting to become more aware what "reality" actually is. Along this journey, you will probably discover people who have been doing things such as lucid dreaming for a very long time. Many of these same people say they can astral travel,remote view, communicate with other beings outside of the physical reality, etc. I do not doubt these people, and I believe they truly believe what they say. At the same time, they offer more than just saying "take my word for it." There are methods and practices, many similar to what we do mentally to have lucid dreams, to experience this for ourselves. There may be people on this forum who have already experienced these other realities, but for the most part I think most of the people on these forums are fairly new to the field. I am enjoying working with others who are at similar levels of exploring other realities to find out these truths for ourselves.

So far have I have concluded(feel free to disagree) Lucid Dreaming is what your own mind creates and is not the reality of other realms. However, people who have advanced beyond LD say LD can be used as a gateway to enter realities outside of your own mind, including where your higher self resides. Studies have shown people able to see what exists in the physical world through these other realities which would be solid evidence to show they are real. Of course there are studies done that have failed, and those researchers immediately conclude it is false. So instead of deciding who to trust, I've decided to trust myself! I am working on experiencing them myself so I can know the truth.

Hope this helps--

-Ryan

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Jul 2011 20:40

No disagreement here. LD may be more that I think or WR may be less. The head twister for me is the higher self and the way it is described as if there is a higher self and a lower self? Then it makes at least two forms of awareness that form a person. Are they one being, are they parts that need to be connected, do we find our higher self and change to a more balanced person. Less concerned with WR and all the trappings of our modern way of life.
The higher self may be a form of energy or awareness that is accessed via the state that Monroe calls the second body or energy body and a tool that is available for exploring beyond WR. The common thread appears to be awareness in any state and that is the essence of us.

Peter

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 06 Jul 2011 21:29

Yup, that is exactly it. I was struggling heavily yesterday with the question, "How could we have lost touch with our Higher Selves?"

Then the thought came to me from a movie called "Wall-e". It is a Disney Pixar movie! It takes place 500 years in the future or so, and basically all humans are very obese and sit in a chair that moves them their whole life. They have forgotten how to walk! They don't even know it is possible!

The same goes for us. If a movie 500 years ago(maybe more) could be made about society today, they would laugh at us for forgetting how to use our Higher Self!

I firmly believe that many of us serve the purpose of reconnecting the human race to the higher self, and I am trying to do so one individual at a time, starting with me! I know it is there, I just need to reconnect with it before I can show others how to.

There are a couple of reasons why it is called the Higher Self, and our Physical body is the Lower Self. The most scientific reason is because of the vibrational state of existence. Everything is made up of vibrations. We perceive things based on their vibrational state. This physical reality exists in a lower vibrational state, and our higher selves exist at a higher vibrational state. Hence Higher and Lower self.

The body and brain are tools for our higher selves to use. We have been so detached from our higher selves that we have become our ego's. As Eckert Tollhe says, "that is when we have become the instrument".

Peter

Postby Peter » 09 Jul 2011 01:44

Ryan or others - look forward to your thoughts on this one.

Last night had a dream storm. Had 3 periods of dreaming with total time of around 2 hours. First set was a top 5 experience and of a new nature. Before bed I dwelled on the concept of energy as light and decided I wanted "blue light or energy to come to me in a dream". I drifted into a nice state and went into a set of OBE type body feelings (you feel your energy body being floating out in bits and at times parts get stuck and the feeling is of the stuck bits being plucked out to join arm and legs) anyway got out of my body and still in my room. Room looked about the same but colour different and one door to many that’s all. The dream went a long time but the bit of major interest is how the blue light appeared as two beams of focused but vibrating light. They snaked across the room and entered my hands and became part of my body. The first time was spontaneous and I called for this again and experienced the light and feeling 4 times. There was no fear and the feelings are hard to describe, it enters you and floods your body (energy/dream body) and becomes part of you or you become part of it. Not sure as in many instances it is hard to get words to describe the total bonding of the event. You tingle and vibrate and a peaceful warm feeling overtakes you.
If I put this on a scale compared to a LD it is many levels above them and a special type of experience that I have had a few times but a unique one.
I was able to know who I was as in bring external thoughts in, I said my name, who I am and had the thoughts that this is so intense that I hope I am the same afterwards. Happily I am but maybe a little changed for the better once more.
Any thoughts anyone?

Peter

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”