Can you dream you're having a lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Mr.Lucid

Re: Can you dream you're having a lucid dream?

Postby Mr.Lucid » 28 Aug 2012 02:00

Tarpaulin wrote:Thanks Mr. Lucid. I'm excited and working hard now to reproduce the experience.

I'm glad I can finally help someone!!! It is an awesome feeling when you know you improved someones life, so thanks for the oppurtunity Tarapualin!!!! :mrgreen:

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 28 Aug 2012 04:48

Tarpaulin wrote:1) Can you dream your having a lucid dream?
2) If so how can you tell the difference between a real lucid dream and the dream of a lucid dream, both during the dream and afterwards?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

I have had both.

You can dream about lucid dreaming, like you can dream about any other subject. The big difference is when you wake up. In a lucid dream, the memories are distinctly different between the dream and the experience of being lucid which is just like a waking life memory. In lucid dreams, you have waking life memories of making decisions and coming to realization that you are dreaming. In a dream about lucid dreaming there is no distiction in the memories, they are all "dream" memories which fade faster.

I know that when the memories are at the same level for the dream and being lucid that it was a dream about being lucid. Some are so close to the real thing that it gets difficult to tell, but they are different enough of you look closely.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Tarpaulin

Postby Tarpaulin » 28 Aug 2012 10:53

thanks torakrubic

I've always flown quite a lot in dreams. In regular dreams it always requires effort though. Usually I have to breath in to gain altitude and then out to move in any direction, so there's a lot of huffing and puffing! sometimes it involves doing a kind of airborne breast stroke. In this dream there was of none of that whilst I was fully lucid. It was fast and effortless - more Superman like.

Return to “For Beginners”