Marijuana and lucid dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lucid Dreamer

Re: Marijuana and lucid dreaming

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 28 Aug 2012 17:02

wait, arent weed and marijuana illegal? if so, why are you guys talking so openly about it? also, from what ive learned, you shouldnt smoke it. it tears you and your family apart. ive been taught that your throwing away your life.

(if this post is not allowed here just let me know. sorry if i offended anyone.)
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

MauricioBra

Postby MauricioBra » 30 Aug 2012 04:30

LUCID DREAMER

Yes it is illegal, I don't know where all you guys are from, but I'm from Brazil, marijuana is also illegal here, but forget about that, It's still no crime if i'm not dealing it (at least not a big crime). and I guess that's not a big deal for us to talk about it openly, it's more a discussion about weed smoking itself and lucid dreaming, nobody trying to induce anybody to do anything, so I guess it's cool

MauricioBra

Postby MauricioBra » 30 Aug 2012 04:36

SARAHDANK

Yeah, I guess that's pretty much it indeed, it affects people in different ways, each one is a new one. I end up noticing that in my case weed smoking doesn't have much influence over the dreaming part, I had a third lucid dream months ago, which was better, cooler and longer than any other one (even though it was still not that long and not that cool haha), so AFTER that lucid dreaming it feels like I go "i'm the king of the world now, I don't need anything anymore" and i just "quit" doing all the effort I've been doing to lucid dreamn, like i didn't need that anymore, so automatically my dream memory starts to suck again and it takes me a long while to lucid dream again. So what does weed have to do with any of this? Apparently nothing. Honestly I'd like it if i knew that weed improves our lucid dreaming thing, but i'm just glad it's kinda neutral to me, better this way than weed interfering negatively in my "dream world"

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 30 Aug 2012 17:20

Okay. thanks. good luck with your life guys! hope you find an alternative way to solve problems! :lol:
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Peter

Postby Peter » 30 Aug 2012 21:00

Okay. thanks. good luck with your life guys! hope you find an alternative way to solve problems!

Agree totally with this, there are better ways.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 31 Aug 2012 09:25

Peter,

There are defiantly better ways. Without a doubt, but it doesn't change the fact that different things will always help different people in different ways. Right?

MauricioBra,

So, when you smoke.. it doesn't effect/Worsen your dreaming / Lucid dreaming at all really?

tofur99

Postby tofur99 » 31 Aug 2012 17:07

Lucid Dreamer wrote:wait, arent weed and marijuana illegal? if so, why are you guys talking so openly about it? also, from what ive learned, you shouldnt smoke it. it tears you and your family apart. ive been taught that your throwing away your life.

(if this post is not allowed here just let me know. sorry if i offended anyone.)

I've found marijuana amplifies whatever state is present. If someone has latent mental tendencies to avoid taking responsibility, to suppress emotions, have habits that involve being lazy, drifting without purpose, anxiety, depression, etc. They will amplify and show up. Therein lies marijuana's potential danger and it's potential as a incredibly therapeutic tool. It makes everything more obvious so you can become aware of it and work through it. Can't tell you how many people I've talked to who say weed is the reason they got into meditation, inner discovery, lucid dreaming, etc etc. It serves a purpose.

Marijuana is a tool, and can be abused just like any other tool, wether it be a gun, a hammer, etc. It can also be used for self discovery and healing, and there are millions of successful people who smoke that can attest to that. It also can bring families together, I've witnessed that as well.

Marijuana in and of itself isn't massively destructive (can't overdose on it, no one has directly died from smoking it, if you vaporize it you eliminate inhaling hot carcinogens inherent from burning plant matter, it doesn't mess with your natural dopamine levels/system like heroine and morphine and actual bad drugs do, etc.), and it actually is incredibly beneficial in treating a wide array of ailments. Another fun fact, you have THC/cannabinoid receptors in your brain and body. The human body is literally designed with smoking weed in mind. THC is the chemical that makes you high in marijuana if you didn't know.

Sorry, I hate seeing mis-information being spread, it's like hating guns because they kill people. No, actually the people pulling the trigger kill people. Some people shoot clay pigeons with guns for sport, some save lives with guns, is that bad? Same deal.

On topic, I've found smoking makes it harder to remember dreams and become lucid. A trade off one can choose to make.

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 31 Aug 2012 23:42

That is. perfect. Even I learnt some stuff then! Thanks tofur99

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 Sep 2012 09:21

I use to smoke marijuana a lot in the past, and when I did, I didn't dream. Not even a regular non-lucid dream. Or if I did, I never remembered it. And when I went to bed I was SOOOO TIRED I would close my eyes, and then open them and it would be morning. However, I was abusing it, not using it as a tool. I was smoking enough for both Cheech AND Chong!

My theory is that the drug put my mind in a dream like stuper during the day, so it exhausted my 'dream reserve' by the time I was sleeping. (I know it sounds technical :lol: )

However, I wonder if all my experience being in a waking dream state in the past has primed me for conscious dreaming now?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 Sep 2012 09:49

Have you ever smoked marijuana in a lucid dream?
I have a few times and it doesn't get me high. I wish it did. One time it filled my mouth with ash and I spat it out. But knowing what it feels like in real life, shouldn't it be possible to trick the mind into thinking it got a dose of THC in a dream? Is it possible to feel the symptoms without the chemicals to induce it?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”