When dreams control

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Axs3831

When dreams control

Postby Axs3831 » 02 May 2011 21:00

Hi everyone, I'll just quickly introduce myself here so that you can help me out, so you can skip this first paragraph and go straight to my question above if fou want so ( I know it's not the best place for talking about me, but don't want a create a topic just to say who I am ) I'm a twenty-one years old boy, and I've been having a small dozen of unexpected lucid dream when I was a kid. Then I stopped remembering dreams, and a week ago I randomly found articles about LD. I got very interested in the subject and started to read many articles and bought Exploring the world of Lucid Dreaming So I'm filling my Dream Diary, doing my reality checks and wondering all day long " Am I dreaming or not ?" ... The classic methods for beginners I guess.

I have not experienced yet a LD on purpose, but over the nights, I realize that I may be "dominated" by my unconscious state: For instance, on the very first night, I did a reality check and found out that a 38 becomes a 43, but I don't fo further and fall into another dream. I also once managed to "tear off" my vision, as if removed the package from a gift ... just to fall into another dream, still deeply unaware.
Last night was even more weird, I was in a bus and a girl I knew in high scool got into the bus, saw me and said hello to me ... Her real name ? Lucile D. ( And once again, everything turns blur and I switch to another dream, unable to get lucid ... And btw, I used WBTB technique, but this dream occured before I woke up 30 minutes, I had hard time falling asleep then, about an hour and then nothing interesting happened afterwards )

I feel like my unconsciousness is playing tricks on me, it's kinda funny but also very frustrating. I know I have been trying for only a week but are there tips I can use from now ? Thanks for your interest !

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: When dreams control

Postby Rebecca » 03 May 2011 13:11

Hey - welcome!

I think you are slowly increasing your dream awareness. It sounds normal to have these confusing moments of uncertainty, only to find the conscious brain doesn't kick in. One day it will.

I had many close calls as well especially in my early years of trying to lucid dream and it's frustrating at the time, but you should acknowledge it as a good sign that your dreaming subconscious IS trying to get you to where you want to be... ;)

Your brain is just still in training - so keep working with it and lucidity will come.

Axs3831

Postby Axs3831 » 03 May 2011 19:21

Hi Rebecca !
I'd like to thank you for your answer, I'm really motivated to increase my awareness and I guess I needed someone to cheer up me up :)

Moreover, I want to say that I joined the forum because I discovered your website in the first place. It really is a great site, it's beautiful and contains relevant articles. Not to mention that your writing is very pleasant and skilled. It's enjoyable to see people smart enough to dedicate themselves to such a great yet underestimated cause. As many here, I assume I can't get much support from my entourage, generally people who don't care that much about spirituality and science. That's life, one follows the crowd and you're often misunderstood when you have your own patterns and singular interests. I really agree with your idea of improving LD coverage to enhance our relations to others and thereby lead to be a better human comprehension.

Anyway, I'm glad to be able to share with others on this forum.
Keep on doing such a nice work Rebecca :D

nightflyt

Postby nightflyt » 06 Jul 2011 05:10

Are we talking about dreaming and realizing that you are dreaming so that you can have more control
over the dream? I mean I Had a dream were i was watching a little girl cross a busy street and she was about to get hit by a car. My reaction was to run in the street and save her but if i had full control of the dream, i could have made the cars stop and just walk out in the street and save the girl that way.

nightflyt

Postby nightflyt » 06 Jul 2011 05:11

Are we talking about dreaming and realizing that you are dreaming so that you can have more control
over the dream? I mean I Had a dream were i was watching a little girl cross a busy street and she was about to get hit by a car. My reaction was to run in the street and save her but if i had full control of the dream, i could have made the cars stop and just walk out in the street and save the girl that way. Sometimes, I know that i am in my dream but i do not have total control over the dream.

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 06 Jul 2011 15:36

nightfly,

you are referring to the observer effect of your dream. most dreams we experience we are simply the observer and our mind runs the show. you either remember them when you wake up or you don't, but the dreams are not run by the observer. Even the observers actions are controlled.

dream control is when you are no longer the observer. you are fully awake in your dream. everything is as real as the physical reality, except you can control your actions fully, think logically, and eventually control the objects around you as you realize the reality is controlled by your mind. It is an experience that is hard to explain until you have had it, but do know that is VERY different than just remembering a dream that you didn't control.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”