I propose a dream experiment!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
HAGART

Re: I propose a dream experiment!

Postby HAGART » 19 Aug 2012 03:36

I had several lucid dreams in the past few weeks, but I forgot to ask about the numbers too. I was having too much fun though. When I finally remembered it was at the end and I woke up before I got an answer. But I'll try again. I find it hard to get 3 numbers at once, but I will see what happens when I lucid dream again.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 19 Aug 2012 15:11

we have to get three numbers at once? oh. i thought that it was only one.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 25 Aug 2012 01:53

My third lucid dream is when it happened. i proposed this same dream expirement with my friends. they dont lucid dream and dont really have the attention span to try, so it was my job to find out their numbers. the other night, i became lucid in my dream. i ran through my mind a list of what i wanted to do when lucid. the first one that crossed my mind was asking what my friends number was. At this point i was at Metilda's house. (like the movie you know?) I was going to ask her but instead i went up to her little sister on the porch. i thought she was very cute. she smiled at me and i smiled back and said hello. she said hi back. i said, "can you help me with this game i am playing with my friend? maybe even cheat? cheating isnt good but we'll do it here. can you tell me what (my friends name's) number is? she looked up and tapped her finger on her chin for a second and said, "hmmm" then she looked back at me and very confidently she said, "8".

I went up to my friend yesterday and told her this. Im like, "is this you number? i mean probraby not but it will be fun to see what your number was." she was like. "that was my number! eight! i was thinking of writing down 7, but i decided on 8!" i aboloutly freaked out. this was so cool.

i know it was probraby just a coincidence but it was still really cool! just wanted to share that with y'all!

thanks!
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 30 Aug 2012 05:20

That does sound cool.
Was it a number between 1-100 or 1-10?
Was she just saying it was the right number to mess with you?

However, earlier in this topic, I said there would probably be a better chance if you knew the person in real life. Our subconscious can probably pick up on subtle micro-expressions on people's faces or some how know what number they would choose based on personality or past memories that we have of them. Our subconscious is pretty good at solving things based on a gut feeling because it takes into account a wide range of variables that our conscious minds may not even be aware of.

I haven't had any serious lucid dreams lately. I'm pretty sure it's because I changed my sleep pattern. I am sleeping in a new bed and am staying up later than usual and not getting good solid REM sleep in the mornings. I'm starting to get back into a regular routine again though and when I have a good lucid dream again I want to ask about your number and the others. I still have mine written down if you want to ask about mine.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 30 Aug 2012 17:16

The number was between 1-100.
well i asked her if she was lying, she said no. i mean, alot of the time, people do mess with my cause i am gullible. but this time i could feel that she wasnt lying. ill ask again though just to make sure.

Oh yeah, i remember you talking about that. thats really cool how powerful our subconscious really is. we dont even know the limits to it yet!

i hope you have a lucid dream soon! i did have one last night but it didnt occur to me to ask your number. sorry. ill try to do it next time. it still is on my list of things to do while lucid dream!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Sep 2012 09:57

Lucid Dreamer:
I finally had a lucid dream and the first thing I wanted to do was ask about your number. I don't even remember how I became lucid or how it ended; It happened quite early in my night's sleep and I didn't write it down and forget most of it, but I do remember asking about what your number is. I didn't conjure any all knowing guru or oracle or anything. I just asked whoever was around. Nobody answered except one person and they replied, "I don't know!"

So there you have it. Truer words have never been said.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 11 Sep 2012 15:01

haha. that is hilarious! by the way, i asked her again and she said she was not messing with me. i believe her because she is not the kind of person to lye to me and let me walk away believing. she would tell me later. anyways, ive had alot of lucid dreams lately and my most reoccurring goal has been to make my best friend from camp appear. it hasn't crossed my mind yet to ask your number, but i am trying!

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 17 Jan 2013 02:47

Can I join in? This seems very interesting, and perhaps I could be of some use?

I think the number should be between 1 and 20, or the experiment should be repeated multiple times to ensure it wasn't random chance.

If we do figure out the numbers, I would place my money on deduction and not telepathy, but, you never know...

Maybe my subconscious is absorbing information right now by looking at your posts and seeing different patterns in the numbers that you use? Uh.... yeah. I'll go write down my number now.
...You think that's air that you're breathing?

Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's LD Forum (IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Jan 2013 03:26

KungFuPanther wrote:Maybe my subconscious is absorbing information right now by looking at your posts and seeing different patterns in the numbers that you use? Uh.... yeah. I'll go write down my number now.

That is possible and if anybody guesses a number right I believe it is either chance or the subconscious using ALL the mind's memories and abilities. We apparently pick up on everything and have a photographic memory and can see patterns in behaviour, but only subconsciously. (some people have photographic memory and even remember every day of their lives! But they are rare) I believe all our subconscious minds can do the same, but we just don't have access to it, but perhaps in a lucid dream if you speak with a character who is a representation of your subconscious, you can.

I also wrote earlier that it would make more sense to ask a question that is based on emotion with a person you know in real life because a random number with a stranger doesn't seem to work well. When I ask in my Lucid Dream the answer is literally "I don't know", sometimes.

BUT! If I am lucid and remember I will ask, "What is KungFuPanther's number?", just to see what happens. It might be a funny story, and I like a lucid dream challenge.

( I just realized this post is 2 days away from being a whole year old! I should bake a cake for it! ) :lol:

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 17 Jan 2013 05:35

HAGART wrote:BUT! If I am lucid and remember I will ask, "What is KungFuPanther's number?", just to see what happens. It might be a funny story, and I like a lucid dream challenge.

Maybe our subconscious mind would make a better guess if we summoned and asked each other? For instance, when I have a LD, I will try to summon you and ask you what your number is. Well, I don't think it would be the best idea to bring me into your dream, I might actually come as the Black Panther! Let's just say that his hunting instincts sometimes get the best of him..... :D

Well. Got a number. Got a plan. Gonna have a lucid dream.
...You think that's air that you're breathing?

Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's LD Forum (IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”