Falling through darkness between dreams with music playing

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

Falling through darkness between dreams with music playing

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Aug 2012 17:59

Had an interesting LD early this morning using WILD. The first WILD in several months. The LD didn't last long and was not very realistic. The interesting part was the dream ended after a short period of time when suddenly I started falling through complete darkness with this beautiful guitar music playing the entire time. It felt really wonderful and I enjoyed listening to the music which was very peaceful. It was the same feeling I had during another LD when I was flying on my back through space. Soon after I was in another, more vivid dream, but had lost my lucidity somewhere in the dark place. I remember doing something that made the trip through the darkness happen, but don't exactly how or what what I did.

Wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Re: Falling through darkness between dreams with music playi

Postby Peter » 13 Aug 2012 06:01

Not sure but sounds like a mild void experience - I call this the space between dreams and it can be a relaxing place to stop and just be for a while. You might also have come very close to awakening and had some of the illusions that come with HI and WILD entry as well.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 14 Aug 2012 05:50

Thanks for the input. The darkness is very interesting and I have my own theories about it. At this point I think it's kind of the default state that occurs when you rest from creating.

I think I have a bit of a block, believing that dreams that occur after 6 or 7 hours of sleep are not likely to be very deep which is why I think the LD wasn't too good, but the vivid dream that followed was actually better quality.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 14 Aug 2012 06:42

Could be a limit you put on yourself but if so can fix it easy enough. The vivid is an indication that the time wont affect your dreams
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Aug 2012 03:20

Peter wrote:Could be a limit you put on yourself but if so can fix it easy enough. The vivid is an indication that the time wont affect your dreams

Yes, I think you're right. In dreams we find out what we really believe and it's often different from what we want to believe or what we think we believe. And of course we can always work on changing what we believe.

Peter

Postby Peter » 25 Aug 2012 08:03

I approach with the curiosity of a kid and the lives of a cat, from there is all adventure in lots of ways

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 25 Aug 2012 11:53

I have occasionally had experiences similar to this, and it usually comes between lucid dreaming and waking state, or betwene a non lucid dream and a lucid dream. Usually something strange has to happpen in the non lucid dream to inducue the whole thing, like taking drugs or just going into a portal or something....wack
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 28 Aug 2012 05:04

I have a radical belief that all reality is manifested. My theory at this point is that the "void" is a sort of default or base state that occurs when you are not manifesting one reality or another. It's empty and black, kind of like a blank sheet of paper that you can "draw" on.

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Aug 2012 08:37

I see it as a starting point and where there is raw energy to be tapped into for creation or to get out of our local areas of mind and explore

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 31 Aug 2012 00:56

Yes, it is a base point and you can make it into whatever you want. For some, it might be heaven, for others who knows.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”