Can lucid dreaming be detrimental if done too much?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
benjaminedward

Can lucid dreaming be detrimental if done too much?

Postby benjaminedward » 30 Aug 2012 06:15

Hi my name is Ben and I have been trying to lucid dream almost every night for the past 2 or 3 weeks. I downloaded Rebecca's course and the meditation power isochronic tones, but that's beside the point... I would like to know if lucid dreaming could be detrimental in any way, whether having to do with the subconscious, or merely general brain activity. My friend is supposedly an accomplished lucid dreamer and he says he does it once a month at most because if done any more than that, than one would turn literally mentally insane. I would just like to know if this is a possibility, and if not, than what are the potential health risks of incessant lucid dreaming? I understand that mostly everything is lethal in large enough doses, and I would like to know if the same applies to this activity. Thank you.

I have been trying to find an answer on this, but I haven't been able to yet. ANY information regarding this subject would be helpful.

Once again, thank you. I apologize for the long entry.

Ihmed

Re: Can lucid dreaming be detrimental if done too much?

Postby Ihmed » 30 Aug 2012 18:22

Could you please provide me with link where to download the course?
I have seen a lot of material but I don't know which one is the best.

Also nothing can happen with Lucid Dreaming... you are safe!

benjaminedward

Postby benjaminedward » 30 Aug 2012 23:05

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-fast-track.html

Thanks for the comment. I'm going to get back into it, but I still don't know for sure if it may cause any imbalances within the brain, whether regarding the health of the subconscious or not.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 30 Aug 2012 23:49

I suppose it can't be completely proved that lucid dreaming is totally safe...but myself and many other on this forum regularly do it, and as far as i know with no side effects. In fact I've never heard of a case where lucid dreaming has been proven to be the cause of insanity, etc.
Dreaming is my drug

benjaminedward

Postby benjaminedward » 31 Aug 2012 03:13

that's a good point. I just wanted to make sure that there won't be anything wrong with me when i do it. thanks

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 31 Aug 2012 03:17

It's about as safe as masturbating.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”