Talking about lucid dreaming inside a dream.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
oll394

Talking about lucid dreaming inside a dream.

Postby oll394 » 27 Aug 2012 13:59

Last night i went to bed and when i woke up in the morning and i had remember having a dream when i was talking to my friends about lucid dreaming. So why didn't i pick up the fact that i could have been dreaming then? Has this happened to any one else?

Mr.Lucid

Re: Talking about lucid dreaming inside a dream.

Postby Mr.Lucid » 27 Aug 2012 14:02

I know what it feels like!!! A while ago, while doing a MILD, I fell asleep, and this was my dream:
I am riding on a pretty dangerous rollercoaster, with my friends, family, and some random people. I fall out of my seat, expecting to feel pain. I fall a long way down onto a barrel, and I have my hands shove infront of me. I realize their fuzzy and say "I'm Dreaming!"
But here is the catch, I wasn't Lucid! I was just DREAMING I became lucid! It was soooooo frustrating!!
So don't feel like ur brain is stupid, it happens to everyone. Just keep up reality checks, no caffine, and try MILD and WILDs. :mrgreen:

oll394

Postby oll394 » 27 Aug 2012 15:45

Mr.Lucid wrote:I know what it feels like!!! A while ago, while doing a MILD, I fell asleep, and this was my dream:
I am riding on a pretty dangerous rollercoaster, with my friends, family, and some random people. I fall out of my seat, expecting to feel pain. I fall a long way down onto a barrel, and I have my hands shove infront of me. I realize their fuzzy and say "I'm Dreaming!"
But here is the catch, I wasn't Lucid! I was just DREAMING I became lucid! It was soooooo frustrating!!
So don't feel like ur brain is stupid, it happens to everyone. Just keep up reality checks, no caffine, and try MILD and WILDs. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the respond it really helped me understand what had happened.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 27 Aug 2012 23:42

I had a dream the other night, and i was thinking "If only i were dreaming now, i could..." then went on to think about all the amazing stuff i could do if i were in a dream. I didn't even bother reality checking, and when i woke up i realized, annoyingly, that of course i was dreaming! Very annoying :P
Dreaming is my drug

Omarsonic9

Postby Omarsonic9 » 30 Aug 2012 21:20

Me too! Its so annoying! I dreamed that I was lucid dreaming!

NAIAD

Postby NAIAD » 30 Aug 2012 21:55

I've done this twice now, quite frustrating!

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 31 Aug 2012 01:01

I'm really glad there are others who have this experience, and it's also good that they can tell the difference between these dreams about lucid dreaming and the real thing. I just had the real thing this morning and it's pretty obvious when you wake up, especially when you remember during the dream that you were thinking about the fact that you are waking up right before it happened.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 31 Aug 2012 02:44

Yea, it happens to me too and I feel stupid after I wake up.
D'OH! :roll:

Sometimes after a lucid dream I have a false awakening in which I tell people about the dream I just had!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

FirstBullet

Postby FirstBullet » 31 Aug 2012 19:08

When I first started researching lucid dreaming, I was telling everyone I knew about it, and I had lots of dreams where I was talking to people about lucid dreaming but never actually became lucid. When I stopped telling other people about it, I stopped having those dreams (I'm not telling you to stop of course, but the events seem related). I've also had a couple dreams where I knew I was dreaming, but I had little control and the clarity was horrible.

Omarsonic9

Postby Omarsonic9 » 31 Aug 2012 21:42

To solve this you just need to think that you are dreaming! Dont use the word "lucid" in your dreams!
I had my first lucid dream yesterday! It only lasted about 10 seconds! because my mother woke me up, XD

Return to “For Beginners”