Lucid yet??? Plz Help!!!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
kiuytrd

Lucid yet??? Plz Help!!!

Postby kiuytrd » 31 Aug 2012 06:24

Ok so i've been trying to lucid dream for about four months now and i've had about five dreams that were sort of lucid. Anytime i realize im dreaming i almoast instantly forget im dreaming.... Also if i do stay lucid i feel like im not really controlling anything, like everything is already predetermined, like im just an actor in a play. One GOOD thing that has happened is that in my most recent dream there where about three seconds that where A LOT more realistic than a regular dream. During these seconds i realized i was dreaming then everything was blurry again... What could i be doing wrong???? Why cant i become lucid for more than ten seconds?!?!? Also why do my dreams never stay or even become vivid?

Thx,
Kiuytrd

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Hmmmm what to do...

FirstBullet

Re: Lucid yet??? Plz Help!!!

Postby FirstBullet » 31 Aug 2012 18:28

I've been training myself to lucid dream off and on for a couple years now (other things get in the way or I forget). I've experienced similar disappointment and frustration, but just recently I had a real breakthrough, so don't give up. The fact that I'm such a skeptical person may have created a mental block of some kind for me, but I remained convinced that it was possible and continued to pursue it.

I've had many dreams where I was discussing lucid dreaming with someone, but never became lucid. Then I've had a few dreams where I knew I was dreaming but the clarity just wasn't there. What I didn't realize at the time I was that there are techniques you can use to increase your lucidity, such as rubbing your hands together or telling your subconscious to "increase lucidity".

So a night before I had my breakthrough, I did some "subconscious programming" and instructed myself to "become conscious during my dream". You may be saying "How can I get my conscious to do something by telling my subconscious?". It's interesting the way your subconscious interprets requests, but what wound up happening was my dream was filled with unusual events that were very difficult to rationalize away, such as how I could shave the same spot on my face 4 times in a row and it kept reappearing as about 1 month of growth.

I don't know where this 3 weeks to lucid dreaming figure comes from, but I think that's about how long it took me to actually start remembering my dreams. Just keep doing the training, and programming your subconscious, and eventually it will take. Good luck!

kiuytrd

Re: Lucid yet??? Plz Help!!!

Postby kiuytrd » 01 Sep 2012 05:26

Ok thx

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Hmmmm what to do...

Return to “For Beginners”