Lucid Too Late

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lavendula

Lucid Too Late

Postby Lavendula » 25 Aug 2012 11:31

Commonly when I find out I am lucid dreaming I will wake up soon after. However, this is not because of getting excited of not grounding myself in my dream.
Most of the time I only become lucid a few seconds before my body wakes itself up.
Is there a way that I can stay asleep longer so I can dream?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
If you fall for your reflection you will drown in a dream

Peter

Re: Lucid Too Late

Postby Peter » 25 Aug 2012 21:12

its just where you are for now, keep at it and in time you will have longer dreams. If you stress about the time you spend in the lucid state you will build a barrier that will be hard to overcome. Look at time that you spend lucid and enjoy and focus on those feelings and the dreams will flow soon
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

casey

Postby casey » 25 Aug 2012 21:42

Someimes when you start to notice your visual senses fading, spin in a circle. It can help prolong your dream.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

casey

Postby casey » 25 Aug 2012 21:46

Someimes when you start to notice your visual senses fading, spin in a circle. It can help prolong your dream. It doesnt always work and sometimes leads to false awakenings.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Aug 2012 08:37

Lavendula wrote:Commonly when I find out I am lucid dreaming I will wake up soon after. However, this is not because of getting excited of not grounding myself in my dream.
Most of the time I only become lucid a few seconds before my body wakes itself up.
Is there a way that I can stay asleep longer so I can dream?

My first experiences with lucid dreams were similar and I wondered whether they would ever be longer than 20 or 30 seconds. Then I began having longer and more stable sessions, the main difference it seems being the entry point in the dream. Dreams have a certain length and the earlier you get in, the more you time you have and the stability seems to be better. There are of course stability techniques that help, but the best lucid dreams I have had so far required no such efforts at all to be the best.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 Sep 2012 09:00

If a lucid dream ends, and you remain perfectly still with your eyes closed it can lead to hypnogogic imagery or weird floating/sinking sensations, and you can enter a lucid dream state again. But it is easier to remain there in the first place while you are in it. Sometimes when I feel it starting to end, (it's a feeling I am familiar with when I just know it is starting to end), I start to touch things, and myself (not in a naughty way :oops: ) and it helps focus my attention to, and place myself in, the dream world. And for some reason, turning around a corner or opening a door helps enter a new surrounding and stabalize it too.

However, when I get really short lucid dreams, there isn't much I can do about it. It's as you said, it was 'Lucid Too Late'. And not long enough for my above suggestions to work. I was barely 'there' to begin with.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”