Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
artavis durden

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby artavis durden » 29 Aug 2012 17:18

Im thinking about quitting lucid dreaming for like 2-5 months...................Heres why............Since January 2011 i have been practicing lucid dreaming and have gotten nowhere................The closet that i got was when i first tried wake induced lucid dreaming like in early january 2011................i got to a stage where my body was deeply relaxed cuz i tried wake back to bed....................i seen hypnagogic imagery............i started imagining music in my head and shortly after i heard sounds inside my head.............i got scared and woke up....................Every since then ive tried wild and mild..............but to no avail..................with mild i will do a reality check in my dreams and it will fail but i will continue with the dream :x .........with wild i will get too awake (except when i first tried it, and almost succeded) to fall asleep again............and eventually i will just fall asleep normally. Waking up @ like 4:30 or 5:00am has got my body used to just waking up even earlier.....................which i hate because im fully awake and will be too awake to wild...............so my sleep schedule is fucked up..................and sometimes ill take a month off practicing lucid dreaming.............and my sleep schedule will get back to normal..........where ill go to sleep @ 11 and wake up @ 8, not 2,3 or 5am.................Its about to be September 2012 and i have not had any results............................SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

NAIAD

Postby NAIAD » 29 Aug 2012 20:45

artavis durden wrote:Im thinking about quitting lucid dreaming for like 2-5 months...................Heres why............Since January 2011 i have been practicing lucid dreaming and have gotten nowhere................The closet that i got was when i first tried wake induced lucid dreaming like in early january 2011................i got to a stage where my body was deeply relaxed cuz i tried wake back to bed....................i seen hypnagogic imagery............i started imagining music in my head and shortly after i heard sounds inside my head.............i got scared and woke up....................Every since then ive tried wild and mild..............but to no avail..................with mild i will do a reality check in my dreams and it will fail but i will continue with the dream :x .........with wild i will get too awake (except when i first tried it, and almost succeded) to fall asleep again............and eventually i will just fall asleep normally. Waking up @ like 4:30 or 5:00am has got my body used to just waking up even earlier.....................which i hate because im fully awake and will be too awake to wild...............so my sleep schedule is fucked up..................and sometimes ill take a month off practicing lucid dreaming.............and my sleep schedule will get back to normal..........where ill go to sleep @ 11 and wake up @ 8, not 2,3 or 5am.................Its about to be September 2012 and i have not had any results............................SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I've been trying to lucid dream for a while now without success, admittedly not as long as you, but I think you should keep going (but take a break if you feel you need to). Maybe you should pick a technique (MILD is recommended for beginners) and focus really hard on satisfying each aspect of the technique. Rebecca's free course on her website is really good so are her articles. Maybe do more reality checks if some are failing?

artavis durden

Postby artavis durden » 29 Aug 2012 22:37

Well..........ill jus let my sleep schedule get back to the norm then try WILD again..................... :D :D

benjaminedward

Could lucid dreaming be detrimental if done too much?

Postby benjaminedward » 30 Aug 2012 06:26

Hi my name is Ben and I have been trying to lucid dream almost every night for the past 2 or 3 weeks. I downloaded Rebecca's course and the meditation power isochronic tones, but that's beside the point... I would like to know if lucid dreaming could be detrimental in any way, whether having to do with the subconscious, or merely general brain activity. My friend is supposedly an accomplished lucid dreamer and he says he does it once a month at most because if done any more than that, than one would turn literally mentally insane. I would just like to know if this is a possibility, and if not, than what are the potential health risks of incessant lucid dreaming? I understand that mostly everything is lethal in large enough doses, and I would like to know if the same applies to this activity. Thank you.

I have been trying to find an answer on this, but I haven't been able to yet. ANY information regarding this subject would be helpful.

Once again, thank you. I apologize for the long entry.

NAIAD

Re: Could lucid dreaming be detrimental if done too much?

Postby NAIAD » 30 Aug 2012 09:06

benjaminedward wrote:Hi my name is Ben and I have been trying to lucid dream almost every night for the past 2 or 3 weeks. I downloaded Rebecca's course and the meditation power isochronic tones, but that's beside the point... I would like to know if lucid dreaming could be detrimental in any way, whether having to do with the subconscious, or merely general brain activity. My friend is supposedly an accomplished lucid dreamer and he says he does it once a month at most because if done any more than that, than one would turn literally mentally insane. I would just like to know if this is a possibility, and if not, than what are the potential health risks of incessant lucid dreaming? I understand that mostly everything is lethal in large enough doses, and I would like to know if the same applies to this activity. Thank you.

I have been trying to find an answer on this, but I haven't been able to yet. ANY information regarding this subject would be helpful.

Once again, thank you. I apologize for the long entry.

From what I've read it's harmless and has many benefits. If done every night it may cut into non-REM sleep and could possibly become a problem, but you would need to be a skilled and dedicated LDer to do it every night.

JohnyS

Postby JohnyS » 30 Aug 2012 09:30

Hi , i have a question .
I am someone who often has lucid nightmares that i mean aware that i am in a nightmare but i cant control it anywayz in a recent one when a nightmare was about to be over and i was sleeping something in my head told me "damn john its 2:09 you have to wake up now " i got up all freaked out from the nightmare checked my phone under pillow and it was 2:09 thought it was really weird , can this be explained ?
Maybe i subconsciously checked my phone for time somehow ? or could it be astral projection or something like that ? im very new to all this just wanted to know if anyone had a similar experience

TheCompassMan

Postby TheCompassMan » 31 Aug 2012 16:41

I'm a stranger to lucid dreams, I can't remember having one, ever. I don't have a very good dream recall, I hardly ever recall my dreams, but when I do I easily remember them. Anyways I've been researching the WILD technique a lot recently on numerous websites, and I would like to know if it's even possible to be done by a beginner like me (I've also been making fruitless attempts at it each morning at 4:00am for a week now. I can't even seem to get to the Hypnagogic state.)

Sander

Postby Sander » 31 Aug 2012 17:43

TheCompassMan wrote:I'm a stranger to lucid dreams, I can't remember having one, ever. I don't have a very good dream recall, I hardly ever recall my dreams, but when I do I easily remember them. Anyways I've been researching the WILD technique a lot recently on numerous websites, and I would like to know if it's even possible to be done by a beginner like me (I've also been making fruitless attempts at it each morning at 4:00am for a week now. I can't even seem to get to the Hypnagogic state.)

i think it's pretty hard to attempt a WILD when you're a beginner. I don't think dream recall is of the issue here, but meditation is. I think you need some experience in meditation before even attempting a WILD, as it requires a great deal of focus and concentration. It COULD happen by chance, though, as i have experienced a WILD as my first lucid dream induction myself, yesterday night :)

i have been meditating for a little over a month, though, so that probably helped a little.
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

invisiblex

Postby invisiblex » 01 Sep 2012 20:50

Recently, I had a dream that I believe was lucid. I don't remember the beginning, but at some point, I realized I was dreaming. I felt like I was spinning, and I stared at my hands or something. Then, I believe I was lying on my bed. It was hard to move my body parts, and I felt like I was floating. I felt a strange vibrating sensation. I was about to open my eyes, but didn't because I thought I'd wake up in reality. Eventually, I was transported to another dream.
So, I was wondering whether I was still dreaming at that point. Should I have opened my eyes? What was happening?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

artavis durden

Postby artavis durden » 01 Sep 2012 21:41

Is it possible to try Wake Back To Bed after just 3 hours of sleep??

Return to “For Beginners”