fast heartbeat stops me from doing a wild

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
gekada_75

fast heartbeat stops me from doing a wild

Postby gekada_75 » 31 Aug 2012 16:37

when i get to the part where i feel floating or sinking in the bed,my heart beat becomes faster and it stops me from going to a dream,how can is stop this? pls help

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

FirstBullet

Re: fast heartbeat stops me from doing a wild

Postby FirstBullet » 31 Aug 2012 18:36

I have the same problem, but I've been trying to do it right when I go to bed. I think that's why they say it's better to do it about 5-6 hours into your sleep, because you're really relaxed by then. Unfortunately, for me to wake up in 5-6 hours entails setting an alarm, and that requires me to MOVE so I can shut it off. Maybe someday I'll get around to finding an alarm clock that only goes off for a few seconds.

Shadow

Postby Shadow » 01 Sep 2012 16:18

Do you mean that your fast heartbeat scares you ? If that's the case then you should just accept it and go with it. If you feel like your sinking in your bed then your pretty close to a wild

gekada_75

Postby gekada_75 » 02 Sep 2012 06:03

Shadow wrote:Do you mean that your fast heartbeat scares you ? If that's the case then you should just accept it and go with it. If you feel like your sinking in your bed then your pretty close to a wild

no.fast heartbeat stops my body from sinking and paralyzing my body

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 02 Sep 2012 21:43

Short answer: EXPERIENCE.
Like everything in life, practice make perfect.
I still have a hard time during a hypnogogic state. Once lucid it's easy; I know how to do that. But the hypnogocic state can be very bizzare with lots of weird sensations. I personally don't have a fast heart rate, but my teeth tend to chatter sometimes. Like being cold, the teeth chatter involuntarily. I don't know why, but it happens and the experience is different for everybody.

Just know that it won't kill you and let it happen.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 02 Sep 2012 21:53

FirstBullet wrote:and that requires me to MOVE

Moving is good. It's the old "Wake Back to Bed" method. Whenever I wake up and turn over and fall asleep again I don't have lucid dreams the way I do when I wake up, get a glass of water or whatever, and do something and move your body and then go back to sleep. You need to wake up your conscious mind and then fall asleep and let your body go into sleep mode while your mind is awake. I have lucid dreamed a lot but I have NEVER had a deliberate WILD. It is like the black belt of lucid dreaming. :lol:

But wake up and go back to bed works for me and I was just doing it routinely before I even knew it was a lucid dream method. BUT IT WORKS! (not always....)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”