My first serious attempt at a lucid dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
darth nilhilus

My first serious attempt at a lucid dream

Postby darth nilhilus » 03 Sep 2012 05:50

Hello, this is my first time on here. I've been acquainted with the idea of lucid dreaming for some time now, but for most of that time, only saw it as an interesting concept to look at.

That all changed a few days ago. A few days ago, I went to take a nap, and immediately had a dream. I was an unremarkable dream at first, but suddenly, the object I was holding in my hands (it was a ball made out of some unknown metallic substance, if I recall correctly) inside the dream acted as a completely random trigger that caused me to become completely lucid and conscious within the dream. I woke up soon after, but the experience of having my first lucid dream was overwhelming, if brief. I knew I had to experience lucid dreaming again, so I went to world of Lucid Dreaming, read up on how to do a WILD (it seemed to be the most interesting technique,) and started a dream journal.

Last night was the first night I've made any progress in my goal of becoming a lucid dreamer through the WILD technique. After getting in bed, I set my mind on staying conscious, and keeping my body completely relaxed. In order to stay focused, I used the technique of concentrating on counting from 1 to 100 repeatedly. After an unknown amount of time, I began to become less aware of my body. My limbs became numb, and I began to lose focus of the numbers I was counting. I didn't however, feel the characteristic feelings and hallucinations described by those entering sleep paralysis and hypnagogia, so I kept on waiting.

That's when something really strange happened. Without any prior warning, my abdomen violently jerked from side to side in bed multiple times until coming to a halt. It clearly wasn't a twitch, as this jerk was much too violent to be a mere twitch. When it was over, the force of it had woke me up, so I kinda just gave up and slept the night off normally, but I was thinking... could this jerk have actually been a very advanced hypnagogic hallucination? Had I entered hypnagogia without even realizing it? If so, I made much more progress than I thought.

HAGART

Re: My first serious attempt at a lucid dream

Postby HAGART » 03 Sep 2012 09:01

darth nilhilus wrote:I didn't however, feel the characteristic feelings and hallucinations described by those entering sleep paralysis and hypnagogia, so I kept on waiting.
darth nilhilus wrote:my abdomen violently jerked from side to side in bed multiple times

Hypnagogia and sleep paralysis can cause strange sensations and it is different for everybody and even different each time it happens. Your abdomen violently jerking may be one of those weird sensations.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”