HI! I'm new here...

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sidereus

HI! I'm new here...

Postby Sidereus » 02 Sep 2012 22:34

HI!, I'm Sidereus, and I decided to try to pick up lucid dreaming a week or so ago. I don't know how close the people in the forum are, so I'm not sure if this post really makes a difference. However, I will tell you a little about myself, just because I can.

I am 18 years old, male, and a senior in high school. I have a lot of time on my hands, so I decided to try lucid dreaming (even though it doesn't seem too time consuming). Before this year, I was never able to get a good enough night's sleep to even have normal dreams, getting 3-5 hours of sleep a night. A plus side of attempting to lucid dream is that I have actually looked forward to sleeping, and it has caused me to get several more hours per night.

As far as actually lucid dreaming goes, I haven't been able to even come close. Most nights I don't even dream, let alone remember them. (I can sometimes remember that I dreamed, just not what it was about.) I have tried inducing lucid dreams as I go to sleep, whenever I wake up at night, and in the morning when I wake up slightly and sleep in. I try to do reality checks, but they haven't really come to any purpose yet. I keep a dream journal, but it is filled with N/As and 1 "I think I may have almost had a dream at this point..."

I don't really know anybody else that is interested in lucid dreaming, so any problems I have, or anything I feel excited about, or would just like to share, I will post here.

99 lives

Re: HI! I'm new here...

Postby 99 lives » 03 Sep 2012 08:08

I'm in almost exactly the same situation, except I'm 14, and usually don't wake up after going to sleep, lucky me

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Sep 2012 08:51

Sidereus wrote:Before this year, I was never able to get a good enough night's sleep to even have normal dreams, getting 3-5 hours of sleep a night.

Most of the time, my first 5 hours of sleep doesn't produce very many dreams. It happens most during the REM phase of sleep which for most people is the last 3 hours before you wake up. I tend to naturally wake up after about 5 hours and then go back to sleep and apparently it is the "wake back to bed method".

But even if you don't lucid dream, just experiencing and remembering your dreams is fun and can give you insight into what is on your mind subconsciously. And it makes sleep fun and something to look forward to.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 06 Sep 2012 18:35

There is one piece of advice that I give all new lucid dreamers. Patience and perseverance is the key. It may seem like doing all these reality checks is amounting to nothing, but keep at it! It will all pay off the first time your have a LD. Also, not only do reality checks, make sure you are meditating 10-20 minutes a day. This will greatly increase your awareness in your dreams.

And make sure you are getting AT LEAST 8 hours of sleep a night. You always go through REM cycles when your sleeping, but the longer you sleep,the longer the cycles are. Between the 5-8 hour range, your cycles are around and hour to an hour-and-a-half and anything beyond is around the same. If your not getting 8 hours or more; essentially you are cutting your LD chances in half.
The mind is a beautiful thing

michael

Postby michael » 11 Sep 2012 06:45

I'm new too. I believe that an enjoyable experience is only worth something if you can share it with others, so lets do this

Return to “For Beginners”