Reality Checks

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Fred

Reality Checks

Postby Fred » 28 Aug 2012 00:02

Currently I have an alarm that goes off every half an hour, the alarm sound is a Doorbell. Whenever I hear it, I push 2 of my fingers into my hand, then I unlock my iPhone (thats what teh alarm is on), then I read the date, and all of the numbers on my phone, then i do a simple math question. But on the site it tells you to "ask yourself if you are dreaming, and really mean it". I dont know how to ask myself this and really mean it.. I mean I can ask myself it, but how do I answer that ?

benjaminedward

Re: Reality Checks

Postby benjaminedward » 01 Sep 2012 16:57

When you ask yourself if you're dreaming, you have to question your reality. You should look around and check out the things in the room and just ask yourself "is this real? Am I dreaming?" I also like to think backwards on what I did that day that got me to where I was. Like if I'm sitting on the couch and I do a reality check, I recall what I did right before that, and what I did right before that, and so on. Doing things that prove to you that you aren't dreaming will solidify your reality check if you mean it. I hope this helps

benjaminedward

Postby benjaminedward » 01 Sep 2012 17:02

Sometimes for my reality checks, I trick myself into believing that it is possible I really am dreaming. This boosts my self aware and allows me to have more effective and meaningful reality checks

casey

Postby casey » 02 Sep 2012 01:01

You might want to add another reality check because tring to push your fingers through your palm isnt always reliable at least not for me. I just pinch my nose and try to breathe.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

dillybar12345

Postby dillybar12345 » 04 Sep 2012 03:52

When I do reality checks, I look around and think, "Yeah, this could be a dream, maybe I'm sleeping right now."
Maybe its not asking yourself, maybe you just need to think that it is possible at this moment that this could be a dream, or just assume it's a dream and do a reality check. Also, if you want to try a different reality check, count the fingers on your hand. For me, it's not always five.
Do a Reality Check right now.

Return to “For Beginners”