First long LD! Also some questions.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
kiuytrd

First long LD! Also some questions.

Postby kiuytrd » 04 Sep 2012 06:02

Yay, last night i had a lucid dream that was 20 minutes or so (it felt like 20 min but i may be wrong). Well one thing that was not good was that it was not clear and i went in and out of lucidity... How do i get my dreams to be clearer. Also halfway through the ld i rubbed my hands together but nothing happened... I also said to myself i was sleeping in bed. ALSO i could feel my eyelids throughout the dream... (So many alsos)...

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Hmmmm what to do...

Peter

Re: First long LD! Also some questions.

Postby Peter » 05 Sep 2012 06:10

just keep doing what you are doing. like everything you get better with practice and learn your strengths
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 05 Sep 2012 10:08

kiuytrd wrote: I also said to myself i was sleeping in bed. ALSO i could feel my eyelids throughout the dream... (So many alsos)...

One can put ones consciousness into the dream or into the real world, you were doing the latter. It's normal in NREM lucid dreams to be both in the real world feeling ones body and experiencing the dream world too. All you need to do is move fully into the dream.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

kiuytrd

Postby kiuytrd » 05 Sep 2012 22:03

Err umm how do i move into the dream?

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Hmmmm what to do...

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 06 Sep 2012 01:18

Snaggle wrote:
kiuytrd wrote:NREM lucid dreams

NREM Lucid Dreams?
I've seen no evidence that we dream during NREM sleep... only REM sleep are we "active".

Do you happen to have any evidence to support this? I would be most interested in reading it. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 06 Sep 2012 03:57

Ryan

My own experience of sleep stages, plus this http://www.journalsleep.org/Articles/270805.pdf.

Sleep walking also occurs during NREM sleep and it commonly observed that people talk and act out while sleep walking- strong proof that they're dreaming http://dictionary.webmd.com/terms/somnambulism. People also talk during their sleep which also happens in NREM sleep more proof that everyone has access to.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 06 Sep 2012 18:17

Ryan wrote:
Snaggle wrote:
kiuytrd wrote:NREM lucid dreams

NREM Lucid Dreams?
I've seen no evidence that we dream during NREM sleep... only REM sleep are we "active".

Do you happen to have any evidence to support this? I would be most interested in reading it. :)

I can't remember what the name of the show was called, but there was something on the discovery channel about dreams, and they did prove that you do dream in NREM.
Again, I don't remember the name, but I'm sure you can do some research and find it. I watched it on Netflix if you have that; I know it's on there.

As for your question Kiuytrd, what Peter said is right, practice, practice, practice! But also, keep in mind that not everything will work in a lucid dream when your new to it. Do a few different things, rub your hands together, do math in your head, even yell out to the dream and say "clarity now!" Also, try spinning in circles and looking at the ground. Dr. Stephen LaBerge states in his book that improving clarity in dreams is all about stimulating your sense of feeling and realness. Spinning around gives your whole body a sense of motion and is supposed to be the best way to bring about clarity.
The mind is a beautiful thing

Return to “For Beginners”