nightmare? false awakening?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucid Dreamer

nightmare? false awakening?

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 02 Sep 2012 17:51

the other night i had a lucid dream where it was dusk. i yelled, "clarity now!" then the wind picked up. it got darker and it started storming. thunder, lightning. trees started swaying over. i got tossed into the air. then in the dream, a voice in the backround was my sister. i got really mad at her because in the backround i yelled at her saying that she woke me up. but when she supposedly woke me up, the scene changed to the game feral heart. my pegasus was flying, but then when my sister, "woke me up" it started falling. the weird thing was that our voices were in the background and there was no indication that i was "in" the actual dream.

my questions. Was this a false awakening? also, the scaryness of this dream was the storm and the darkness and the scene overall. but you cant stop it like a dream monster can you? how do you get out of a nightmare that is about the scenario, not the monster?
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

HAGART

Re: nightmare? false awakening?

Postby HAGART » 03 Sep 2012 09:59

A false awakening is literally get up out of bed as if you are awake. They can be a regular dream that you don't realize until you actually wake up and they can also be lucid.

Sometimes I get weird creepy imagery in a lucid dream, but I wouldn't call it a nightmare. For me, a nightmare is a dream in which I am ABSOLUTELY PETRIFIED! One time I was in a graveyard and there were zombies, and although unpleasant at least I was in control. Not all lucid dreams are rainbows and sunshine.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 04 Sep 2012 01:25

oh. thanks. but for me nightmares just have a feeling to them. i know exactly if i am having a nightmare or not due to the feeling. it doesnt matter how scary the dream sounds. but do you know how to stop a nightmare like this that is due to the scenario and no monsters? i mean, if there is nothing i can physically stop, how do i stop the nightmare?
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Sep 2012 05:01

I don't know how to stop a nightmare other that waking up. If you're not lucid you wouldn't know to wake up. And a few (maybe twice) I have had a lucid nightmare and I just couldn't wake up if I tried.
I know what you mean about the feeling of a nightmare. I was lucid in my house once, and there was absolutely nothing to be afraid of but for some reason I was feeling paranoid and panic about something. Like general impending doom. It didn't last too long and it is rare for me so I don't let it perturb me from lucid dreaming.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 05 Sep 2012 00:28

oh. yeah. that's it. the feeling. :ugeek: I have had a nightmare where a monster was chasing me. i became lucid as i almost always do in nightmares. i turned around and said, "stop!" it stopped and the nightmare feeling :ugeek: completely when away. if you become lucid, just tell it to stop. maybe that will help.

Also this has gotten me wondering, why do i ususally become lucid during nightmares? well i think because the intensity of emotions is so great, our mind just becomes conscious.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Sep 2012 06:53

Lucid Dreamer wrote:why do i ususally become lucid during nightmares?

Perhaps it is emotion or perhaps you just wish it wasn't real and just a dream and then realize that it is.
A few weeks ago I had a dream in which my cousin was dead and I could see his dead body. I told someone else (not sure who), that "don't you wish you could just wake up from this and find out it was all just a bad dream?" Then I realized, it IS a dream! I told the other guy that, but he was still upset as if it were real. Then I said because it is a dream, I can do this... and I brought my cousin back to life and all were happy.

Perhaps bad dreams make you lucid because you wish to yourself that it was just a dream and then question it.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 06 Sep 2012 00:56

yeah. and that is really cool how you brought your cousin back to life!

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 06 Sep 2012 01:29

Lucid Dreamer wrote:my questions. Was this a false awakening? also, the scaryness of this dream was the storm and the darkness and the scene overall. but you cant stop it like a dream monster can you? how do you get out of a nightmare that is about the scenario, not the monster?

Nope. You *knew* it was a non-physical experience... so it's, at the very least, a lucid awareness experience.

The reason why you were getting "blown around" was, in my opinion, due to your unfocused mind. Robert Bruce has a concept he calls the "Astral Wind"... it blows people around seemingly randomly from place to place, he doesn't know what causes it, but I do... it's the unfocused mind. Or in some cases, a stray thought causing it.

Enjoy your experiences! :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 06 Sep 2012 11:23

huh. that is interesting. thank you.

jkid051

Postby jkid051 » 12 Sep 2012 03:30

I informed the other guy that, but he was still disappointed as if it were actual. Then I said because it is a desire, I can do this... and I introduced my relative returning again and all were satisfied.

--------
http://www.oilpainting-shop.com

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”