What is this?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ARCblooper

What is this?

Postby ARCblooper » 04 Sep 2012 12:45

So last night I had my second success- I think. I had a dream that I was desperately trying to get to sleep, and I finally did. When I was asleep, I was in my yard. I saw a car being filled with luggage by two people. I then realized I was dreaming. To double check, I counted six fingers. Then, I could feel my body in the waking world, the one still in the dream. It was like I was imagining it with my eyes closed.

tl;dr
A lucid dream IN a dream where I felt like I was awake and just imagining it with my eyes closed.

What is this? Has anyone else had this?

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

HAGART

Re: What is this?

Postby HAGART » 04 Sep 2012 21:10

ARCblooper wrote:Then, I could feel my body in the waking world, the one still in the dream.

I'm confused.
Do you mean that you felt your 'waking-world' body, but it was really just your body that was trying to go to sleep from the first dream?
If so, interesting. If not, clarify.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

marry1

Postby marry1 » 05 Sep 2012 04:04

When you dreaming you can feel your real body?
You can check the hotel details in: http://list-of-hotels.com , and find more atrractions of there from http://attractions.bz .

ARCblooper

Postby ARCblooper » 05 Sep 2012 17:51

HAGART wrote:
ARCblooper wrote:Then, I could feel my body in the waking world, the one still in the dream.

I'm confused.
Do you mean that you felt your 'waking-world' body, but it was really just your body that was trying to go to sleep from the first dream?
If so, interesting. If not, clarify.

Okay.
World 1: Real world

World 2: Dream where I'm trying to get to sleep

World 3: Dream about the lucid dream.

In world 3, I could feel my body in world 2.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 06 Sep 2012 01:26

ARCblooper wrote:A lucid dream IN a dream where I felt like I was awake and just imagining it with my eyes closed.

What is this? Has anyone else had this?

You're interpreting too many levels here.
There is no such thing as a lucid dream within a dream... you're either aware you're dreaming or you're not aware, there's really no "grey area" with this question.

If you felt you were awake and you knew you were dreaming, then it's, at the very least, a lucid awareness experience.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 06 Sep 2012 01:35

[quote="Ryan"]There is no such thing as a lucid dream within a dream... you're either aware you're dreaming or you're not aware, there's really no "grey area" with this question. [quote]

I disagree, not only is there such a thing, but there are countless posts on this board from others who have had this experience. I have had both experiences and most of time can easily tell the difference. I would say that dreaming about lucid dreaming is a little closer to being lucid, but it's not lucid. You are not aware, and that's it. No awareness, just imagining it.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 06 Sep 2012 01:45

Ryan wrote:There is no such thing as a lucid dream within a dream... you're either aware you're dreaming or you're not aware, there's really no "grey area" with this question.

Sorry to disagree, but not only is there such a thing, but there are countless posts on this board from others who have had this experience and recognize it as what it is. I have had both experiences and most of time can easily tell the difference. I would say that dreaming about lucid dreaming is a little closer to being lucid, but it's not lucid. You are not aware, and that's it. No awareness, just imagining it. It think there a lot more "grey area" than black and white, but that's just my opinion.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 06 Sep 2012 06:38

Sometimes after a lucid dream, and if I keep my eyes closed, I will feel my body sleeping in a particular position. But if I wake up, I find out I was actually sleeping in a completely different position. It occurred during that weird place between a lucid dream and waking up. If I move my body and look around from this point and notice something amiss, it becomes a lucid false awakening. (Or if I truly think I am awake just a regular false awakening.)

So yea... I felt a phantom body before too. It happens.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 06 Sep 2012 08:44

I think what Ryan means is that a lucid dream inside a normal dream is the same as a normal lucid dream, so although they got sequenced differently, they still have the same properties, you can still do the same stuff.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 06 Sep 2012 21:15

Jack Reacher wrote:I think what Ryan means is that a lucid dream inside a normal dream is the same as a normal lucid dream, so although they got sequenced differently, they still have the same properties, you can still do the same stuff.

I agree. Just because you dream about having a dream doesn't mean that you enter a different non-physical realm.
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”