Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sander

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Sander » 02 Sep 2012 11:55

artavis durden wrote:Is it possible to try Wake Back To Bed after just 3 hours of sleep??

yes, but the REM cycle will be shorter, hence IF you become lucid, it will be for a shorter period of time. The reason why the WBTB method is done after 6 hours of sleep, is because the amount of REM sleep you get is the longest at your last REM cycles. And since you only dream during REM sleep, this obviously is preferable.
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

rufuschen

Postby rufuschen » 05 Sep 2012 08:29

hi, i have been practicing lucid dream for more than 4 months. but i just have only twice time experiences of being lucid, not even more than 40 secs! i really want to know how can keep being lucid everynight. i hope someone can answer my question.

and also do you guys have any idea for keeping self relax and calm before sleep!!!!???

Sander

Postby Sander » 05 Sep 2012 10:24

rufuschen wrote:hi, i have been practicing lucid dream for more than 4 months. but i just have only twice time experiences of being lucid, not even more than 40 secs! i really want to know how can keep being lucid everynight. i hope someone can answer my question.

and also do you guys have any idea for keeping self relax and calm before sleep!!!!???

yes there is a way: perseverance and years of practice...

as for keeping relaxed: try downloading Stephen Laberge's book 'Exploring the world of lucid dreaming'. Here he describes some relaxation techniques and lucid dream induction techniques.

good luck :)
Free Your Mind.

poeticgirl2010

Postby poeticgirl2010 » 05 Sep 2012 18:46

I've been a lucid dreamer for over a year now and I do the reality checks and dream recall all the time. Its very helpful, but I found out how to do all of that myself before coming to this site. Although, this site has helped me understand some things I had questions about.
I still am having one experience that is very weird that I need someone to answer for me. For a long time now, I'll lay down to fall asleep, and as I relax, I begin to get... dizzy I guess. I'm not sure how to explain it. Its like I'm completely aware that my body is falling asleep. Normally, when I used to fall asleep, my mind and body would fall asleep together, where I would dream and then wake up. Now, I am full aware that my body is falling asleep, but my mind is not, until I feel that dizzy feeling and then I drift off finally.

Beyond that, if I think about something in particular, like flying or becoming some supernatural creature, before going to sleep, then when I start to dream, one of the first things that happens is that thought of flying or whatever actually incorporates itself into the dream.

Does anyone have any explanation for either of these thing happening? I would greatly appreciate any type of feedback.

Sander

Postby Sander » 05 Sep 2012 19:58

poeticgirl2010 wrote:I've been a lucid dreamer for over a year now and I do the reality checks and dream recall all the time. Its very helpful, but I found out how to do all of that myself before coming to this site. Although, this site has helped me understand some things I had questions about.
I still am having one experience that is very weird that I need someone to answer for me. For a long time now, I'll lay down to fall asleep, and as I relax, I begin to get... dizzy I guess. I'm not sure how to explain it. Its like I'm completely aware that my body is falling asleep. Normally, when I used to fall asleep, my mind and body would fall asleep together, where I would dream and then wake up. Now, I am full aware that my body is falling asleep, but my mind is not, until I feel that dizzy feeling and then I drift off finally.

Beyond that, if I think about something in particular, like flying or becoming some supernatural creature, before going to sleep, then when I start to dream, one of the first things that happens is that thought of flying or whatever actually incorporates itself into the dream.

Does anyone have any explanation for either of these thing happening? I would greatly appreciate any type of feedback.

i would LOVE to have this every night! this means you could do a WILD every night! i can't explain what's happening to you every night, but i'm darn jealous of you :D

if anything you think before your mind falls alseep, you could just think about becoming lucid in a dream or doing a RC, immediately making you lucid when you do it in your dream after you drift off.
Free Your Mind.

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 06 Sep 2012 09:01

So let me start off by saying I have been away for a while, but I'm glad to see that my thread has kept up like this! I will (hopefully) be back to checking this every day, so for those people that didn't have their questions asked, re-ask me and I will answer them as best as I can.

As for you, Poetic, what you experience before you go to sleep is Sleep Paralysis. This is actually very beneficial to LDing, and at your point, you could WILD every night. Next time this happens, try to think of a dream you would like to have without letting your mind drift off to sleep. After you have the dream, try to visualize it in front of you. Hear the sounds, smell the smells, feel the textures around you and try and "step" into the dream.

If that doesn't make sense, ask me again, but also take a look at the WILD guide on the main site for a better explanation of how to WILD.

By the way, I saw a few posts talking about getting in touch with the admin. Know that I am not the admin, nor do I have anything to do with this site. Post/PM Rebecca if you have something to ask her. I have no better way of getting in touch with her than you do :/
The mind is a beautiful thing

gekada_75

Postby gekada_75 » 07 Sep 2012 07:06

When you wake up from LD,is the memory like in real life or just memory from a normal dream? help bleekman

gekada_75

Postby gekada_75 » 07 Sep 2012 07:09

if i cover my eyes while doing wild,will i still get a hallucination from sleep paralysis?

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 08 Sep 2012 19:42

Well, for your first question Gekada, from what I have experienced, once you wake up, the LD you just had feels like it was just a dream, unfortunately... Lucid dreams are just "in the moment" kind of things. But don't let that deter you. They may only be remembered as a dream, but they are still remembered as vividly as they were when you were in them.
For your second question, I'm assuming you mean covering your eyes with a blindfold or something and not your hand. It won't do anything to hypnogogia, so don't worry. I used to use a blindfold because I am very sensitive to light when I sleep and it never cause any problems.
Hope this helped! Hit me up if you have any more questions!
The mind is a beautiful thing

Mr.Lucid

Postby Mr.Lucid » 09 Sep 2012 23:18

Hi I'm new to lucid dreaming, and for about a month I have tried, and failed. I have tried WILD's, MILD's, but nothing is working. I would try the herbs and vitamins for lucid dreaming, but because I don't have money (I'm not an adult) and because my parents think that if I lucid dream I will go crazy and demons will kill me. I really want to try the vitamins like melotonin and the dream herbs but I can't! So can you give me some tips on how to convince my family, and/or how to improve my chances with MILD'S and WILD'S?? :(

Return to “For Beginners”