I Think I Almost Got It!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
RhythmChaser

I Think I Almost Got It!

Postby RhythmChaser » 07 Sep 2012 21:01

So for the past week, I've been pretty serious about this Lucid dreaming stuff and have attempted 3 techniques. MILD, WILD, and WBTB. I haven't managed to get a full lucid dream yet with any of the methods but I know I'm getting close because I'm getting longer and more vivid dreams, they just aren't at that " fully lucid" stage yet. I've read that the WILD technique is difficult for beginners and takes practice so I've been attempting it without much luck, and ill keep trying just for the sake of getting better.
However where I feel I've made the most progress is through the MILD method in combination with using the WBTB method by accident (I often randomly wake up at night to have some water or use the bathroom).

So I've got a few questions I was hoping to get some tips and pointers for:

WILD - I constantly swallow my saliva and feel like its hindering my progress because cant be completely relaxed and still. Does anyone else have/had this problem that could give me a tip on stopping this?

MILD - I've noticed I get more vivid and longer REGULAR dreams, maybe because of the reality checks, and dream journal. How exactly do you tell yourself in a dream that your dreaming, because I always just go along with the dream and feel like I have very little control over my thoughts (I can't seem to remind myself that I want to become lucid at the offset of the dream, even throughout it I can't).
Does anyone know what I can do to help remind myself once I'm dreaming to do the reality checks and "wake up"?

I watch the subliminal video as well at the other regular video every night to help with the dreams as well.
Thanks.

Peter

Re: I Think I Almost Got It!

Postby Peter » 07 Sep 2012 21:07

Dont worry about saliva, just swallow and get back to the job.

Keep at the reality checks, I have said a lot of times that it is not a linear process and you will get results when you do and it sounds like you are making great progress
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 08 Sep 2012 19:37

There isn't really a defined "way" to remind yourself to check if your dreaming. The purpose of doing reality checks while awake is to implant the habit into your subconscious. When your beginning to LD, most of your LD's will be DILD, and will be quite random, but that's a good thing. Random LD's mean that your subconscious is becoming used to checking for the dream state. Keep this in mind too, some times beginners are trying too hard and it actually hinders their success. Maybe try taking a little bit of time off. I have had times before when I've gotten so frustrated that I just had to stop for a few days and actually had some awesome LDs when I wasn't trying.
The mind is a beautiful thing

RhythmChaser

Postby RhythmChaser » 11 Sep 2012 21:30

Bleekman117 wrote:There isn't really a defined "way" to remind yourself to check if your dreaming. The purpose of doing reality checks while awake is to implant the habit into your subconscious. When your beginning to LD, most of your LD's will be DILD, and will be quite random, but that's a good thing. Random LD's mean that your subconscious is becoming used to checking for the dream state. Keep this in mind too, some times beginners are trying too hard and it actually hinders their success. Maybe try taking a little bit of time off. I have had times before when I've gotten so frustrated that I just had to stop for a few days and actually had some awesome LDs when I wasn't trying.

Wow thanks this was very helpful. I hope after a few weeks Ill be able to LD more frequently

Return to “For Beginners”