Euphoria on wake up

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Tarpaulin

Euphoria on wake up

Postby Tarpaulin » 02 Sep 2012 21:54

I have now had 2 lucid dreams in about 2 weeks. - I'm excited.

In both cases I've noticed that I wake up really euphoric and excited. Is this a common wake up reaction? If so any ideas on why/

torakrubik

Re: Euphoria on wake up

Postby torakrubik » 02 Sep 2012 23:42

Probably because you've just experienced something amazing!
Dreaming is my drug

Tarpaulin

Postby Tarpaulin » 06 Sep 2012 23:00

I think I'm going to take a shot at answering the question. After reading the Robert Waggoner book it seems that the feeling of euphoria on awakening is quite usual.

I am positing that this feeling is the result of a "liberation". We have become free. We have seen that dreams are mind stuff of our own creation and that we are not bound to act out the roles they set for us. We are free.

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Sep 2012 04:32

all normal and can last for a couple of days depending on how deep the dream is for the dreamer. One of benifical overflows from a lucid dream and the start of linking both worlds. Lucid living is the end goal
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 08 Sep 2012 05:09

For me it's the same kind of euphoria I could imagine having after travelling to another planet with similar physical properties as Earth after just a few minutes of exploring.

Most of time in lucid dreams I just walk around looking at everything, feeling the ground, touching as many things as possible. It is one of the most incredible experiences I've had in my life. It's not uncommon to have euphoria for several days from some lucid dreams.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”