Candle Gazing and Melatonin

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Legended

Candle Gazing and Melatonin

Postby Legended » 09 Sep 2012 01:16

I read about candle gazing and how it releases melatonin which can help with lucid dreaming. It sounded convincing so I decided to give it a try. Before bed I starred at a lit candle for about 10-15min trying my best to clear my thoughts. I began feel tired. So I put the candle out and fell asleep.
In my dream I was walking around my house, non-lucid at first. Then I questioned myslelf, "Am I dreaming". I had tough time trying to figure it out at first, but then I realized it was a dream and flew threw the front door and landed on the street. The street's where empty. I heard my thoughts and other randomness through an intercom. The dream was pretty long so I'll sum it up. I flew to my cousin's and convinced everybody there that they where a part of my dream. I fought dinosaur for some reason and then I shape shifted all the negative people into possitive people. I eventually became non-lucid and let my subconscious take over.
I was just wondering if anybody has tried this method before and if it worked. I also want to try starring into the the sun while it's setting. I read that starring into any natural light has this effect. If anybody wants to try this please leave a comment and share your experience. Thank you for reading.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Peter

Re: Candle Gazing and Melatonin

Postby Peter » 09 Sep 2012 02:45

Thanks and will try this soon
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Legended

Postby Legended » 09 Sep 2012 04:00

When you do, please come back and share your experience.

alppdcjr12

Postby alppdcjr12 » 11 Sep 2012 23:11

That sounds really cool! Actually, I don't have candles, but the last couple of nights I've been using a lamp that mimics natural light for the first time, and I've been growing more lucid. Maybe that's been playing a role.
"Life is that which dreams are made on, and is rounded by a sleep."
-Prospero, Shakespeare's "The Tempest"
Check out my lucid dreaming blog: www.rememberawake.com

Legended

Postby Legended » 13 Sep 2012 02:19

alppdcjr12 wrote:That sounds really cool! Actually, I don't have candles, but the last couple of nights I've been using a lamp that mimics natural light for the first time, and I've been growing more lucid. Maybe that's been playing a role.

What kind of light are you using. I heard about those, but I don't know what they're called and were to buy them

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”